Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuts...Your Speculation
I can never remember when the first cut is, is it after the second game or is it this week?

who gets cut...
who do you want cut...
who will be the surprise cut...
who will be the surprise player who makes the team? 
Reply/Quote
Think it's a day or two after the 2nd weekend of games they have to be down to a certain number. Then again after 3rd game down to a certain number. Then the final cuts after game 4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No need to wait on Chykie Brown..
Reply/Quote
Well, as of 9:00pm Cincinnati time, not cuts were made.
Reply/Quote
Tuesday After 3rd PS weekend  4:00 - rosters cut to 75 (Aug 30 this year)

Saturday After final PS Game 4:00 (final PS game is usually Thru of PS4) - roster cut to 53 (Sept 3 this year)

Sunday after final PS Game 12:00pm  - Practice Squad (Sept 4 this year)
Reply/Quote
Chykie Brown and Margus Hunt seems like two of the easiest cuts the Bengals will have to make this season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Chykie Brown, Hunt, and Nuge all need to go, imo. We can probably find replacements for Hunt and Nugent after final cuts are made. Brown has been getting smoked all through TC and in preseason. Hunt just doesn't get it. Nugent loses at least one game a year for the club and doesn't have a big leg.

As far as surprise cuts go, I think Kumerow would be a surprise to a number of people. TJ Johnson could go if the coaches want to save a roster spot for somebody else and they are comfortable with Bolling and/or Westerman as the backup C.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 11:43 PM)Whatever Wrote:  We can probably find replacements for Hunt and Nugent after final cuts are made.

Nugent loses at least one game a year for the club and doesn't have a big leg.

Nugent does not cost us a game a year.

He is not a top kicker, but he is better than other kickers on other NFL rosters.  I don't know how you can expect to replace him with someone better when he is already better than kickers on other teams.

What kicker is going to get cutb that is better than Nuge?
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure Hunt gets axed. They've waited this long. Who is the 4th end if he goes? Brown? Gangwish? I don't know. It's time for him to go, but I'm not sure it happens yet.
Reply/Quote
I'd cut ties with Brandon Thompson. I've seen enough, and he's hurt.... Again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 11:57 PM)jason Wrote: I'd cut ties with Brandon Thompson. I've seen enough, and he's hurt.... Again.

We have him for basically the veteran minimum. And we can stash him on the PUP. He is way better than what we could find off the street in the middle of the year. No reason to cut him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 11:56 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm not sure Hunt gets axed.  They've waited this long.  Who is the 4th end if he goes?  Brown?  Gangwish?  I don't know.  It's time for him to go, but I'm not sure it happens yet.

This.

Hunt has a chance to make the roster just because we have no one else.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 11:56 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm not sure Hunt gets axed.  They've waited this long.  Who is the 4th end if he goes?  Brown?  Gangwish?  I don't know.  It's time for him to go, but I'm not sure it happens yet.

Brown did it against a little lesser competition but showed a motor vs hardly a pulse and almost lost from Hunt.  Brown deserves earlier reps, so maybe Hunt looks better but is it too late?  I'm fine with him for another week since it has been this long as you say, but he better look like a totally different player that had someone spike his gatorade or something.  Hardison playing some DE helps too.  Hunt was almost on this level.....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOiF_qdQLI
Reply/Quote
Notable cuts: Wright, Flowers, Alford.

Since the coaching staff gives no S@#Ts what the fanbase thinks do not be surprised to see Hunt stick.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:59 AM)Junglejuice Wrote: Since the coaching staff gives no S@#Ts what the fanbase thinks do not be surprised to see Hunt stick.

Why would they give a $%#^ about what the fanbase thinks? These guys have worked their way into the top elite level of football and know the game frontwards and backwards. They are also there and see their players everyday, and have numerous employees who do nothing but break down tape for them, both of their players and of other available players. And, they make good money doing it. So if you were in their position, would you go with what you know, or would you risk your job giving two $&^%s about what a bunch of couch coaches who barely know the game think????
Reply/Quote

If you watched Friday's game, you wouldn't question cutting Hunt, who is on his 9th life as it is...
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 09:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No need to wait on Chykie Brown..

^^^^ THIS
Reply/Quote
Hunt & Nugent aren't going anywhere. At this point anyhow. Brown on the other hand.......
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 12:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Hunt has a chance to make the roster just because we have no one else.

Then shame on the front office because they have left this team in a very vulnerable position.  Hunt as part of a rotation is scary enough, but imagine him getting significant playing time because of an injury...
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 12:06 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Then shame on the front office because they have left this team in a very vulnerable position.  Hunt as part of a rotation is scary enough, but imagine him getting significant playing time because of an injury...

I think our fan base is one dimensional evaluating a DE, but maybe I am wrong. A DE has around 50% of their responsibility stopping the running game. I don't see Hunt get blown off the ball in running plays and he can play DE and DT. His down side is he is not a good pass rusher and more than likely never will be a good pass rusher. I see Hunt better than Gilberry against the run, but a lot worse rushing the passer. I know some may hate it, but I will take the risk and bring in Hardy to add to the Johnson/Dunlap DE starting rotation to keep all 3 fresh so come 4th quarter our DL can dominate. I could care less about Hardy's character off the field, but he would need to convince ML and Guenther he is team player and our missing piece and no drama on the field or in the locker room. If we could sign him for an incentive laced deal, I think we should.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote