Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last night's game....
1} I like Driskell as well more so then Barkley. 2} Malik is raw and needs coached up Haslet will have him playing better after some time. 3}Ross did get hit early on the arm guy just needs reps to clean everything up and build confidence. 4}Woodside would make a nice practice squad guy till he is coached up. 5} Its nice to have a coach keep coaching and try to improve his guys thru the whole game...But it sucks that the players have not taken the starting spots that are open on the line. We will most likely pick our best option rather then giving it to a guy that earned it. Lets hope for a cut or last min trade.
Reply/Quote
Ross was interfered with, but I thought he still should have made the catch. The official apparently agreed with me as he didn't throw a flag.

Malik made some tackles where he showed his athleticism, but he still sorely lacks in coverage. I found it interesting he was playing MIKE backer for a lot of the game.

I think Marv told Brown to miss that extra point so no one takes him off the PS. I'm not kidding.

Walton showed a little, but not a lot. Come to think of it, though, the only RBs that did show much this preseason were named Hill and Carson.

Driskell is our backup QB, unless AJ becomes available in a dirt cheap option.

Malone, who has been somewhat invisible, looked awesome and I think had they reviewed the one catch that they said he didn't keep both feet in bounds, it would have been overturned and called a TD.

Ced still sucked against some third stringers. Pathetic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ross was interfered with, but I thought he still should have made the catch.  The official apparently agreed with me as he didn't throw a flag.  

That was my line of thought as well. He has to be able to make contested catches with DB's draped on him..... his arm was pulled and probably should have been flagged, but he has to expect that and fight it.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That was my line of thought as well. He has to be able to make contested catches with DB's draped on him..... his arm was pulled and probably should have been flagged, but he has to expect that and fight it.

I just love that he is getting open....and that was without AJ Green on the other side and him being double covered.  

The Bengals HAVE to do what the Ravens did when they won it with Flacco:  They took at least 5 downfield shots a game.  That kept defenses off the LOS and they would usually hit on a couple of them.  First and 10?  Bomb.  A second and 5?  Bomb.  If the Bengals have AJ Green and Eifert getting a lot of the attention, Ross should be a low-risk, high-reward option for Dalton.  If teams drop the safeties?  Pound them with Mixon and Gio, hit Boyd and AJ Green on shorter stuff with YAC.  Take what they give you.  They can't stop all the options.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I just love that he is getting open....and that was without AJ Green on the other side and him being double covered.  

The Bengals HAVE to do what the Ravens did when they won it with Flacco:  They took at least 5 downfield shots a game.  That kept defenses off the LOS and they would usually hit on a couple of them.  First and 10?  Bomb.  A second and 5?  Bomb.  If the Bengals have AJ Green and Eifert getting a lot of the attention, Ross should be a low-risk, high-reward option for Dalton.  If teams drop the safeties?  Pound them with Mixon and Gio, hit Boyd and AJ Green on shorter stuff with YAC.  Take what they give you.  They can't stop all the options.  

That is an excellent idea but I wonder if ML would not allow it due to it not being conservative
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I just love that he is getting open....and that was without AJ Green on the other side and him being double covered.  

Yep, when I  say Ross needs to clean up the drops, I am not hating on him, what I am saying is that when he cleans them up he is going to be spectacular..... so much potential.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 12:07 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: That is an excellent idea but I wonder if ML would not allow it due to it not being conservative

So many other things have changed.  Maybe the offense will attack more like when Hue was OC in 2015?  And, to be fair, the offensive line was so poor the last two years that they didn't really want to expose Dalton to the hits on plays where the ball isn't out quite as fast.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 12:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, when I  say Ross needs to clean up the drops, I am not hating on him, what I am saying is that when he cleans them up he is going to be spectacular..... so much potential.

Agreed.  And I am glad he got extra snaps even in the fourth preseason game to continue to knock off the rust.  
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 07:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So many other things have changed.  Maybe the offense will attack more like when Hue was OC in 2015?  And, to be fair, the offensive line was so poor the last two years that they didn't really want to expose Dalton to the hits on plays where the ball isn't out quite as fast.

True and perhaps with Ross's speed we can toss frequent fly routes before any pressure can arise.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 07:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  And I am glad he got extra snaps even in the fourth preseason game to continue to knock off the rust.  

Yeah, the coaches did a good job this Preseason with Ross.

He needed lots of snaps and they gave them to him.

Nice seeing him taking hits too and just rubbing it off. Shows he is not just some fine china like some acted like.

John Ross is a tough dude that went through a lot of shit.
Reply/Quote