Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyrus Kouandijo Available
Cut by Bills.

Had some weird issues that need to be resolved but has some starting experience at LT.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000810972/article/cyrus-kouandjio-released-by-buffalo-bills?campaign=tw-nf-sf81574531-sf81574531

I still think we need some sort of backup option in the likelihood Ced falters. I don't think moving Fisher again is good for his development.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Total of 7 starts, only appeared in 25 games over 3 seasons. I'd say that he must have had more problems than Obguehi.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd be for it. Let him come in and backup both OT spots. If Andre flops at RG, move Fisher to RG and put Kouandjio at RT, which is what he's best suited for.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 02:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Total of 7 starts, only appeared in 25 games over 3 seasons.  I'd say that he must have had more problems than Obguehi.

Found naked in a park after climbing electric fence...  Asked cops to kill him when they found him...

Hope he gets his life sorted out...    Not sure I want him here.  If we sign someone in case Ced Faulters then ill take an older T even if a little past his prime that has a lot of starts under his belt

Or where in the hell is Anthony Collins
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 02:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Total of 7 starts, only appeared in 25 games over 3 seasons.  I'd say that he must have had more problems than Obguehi.

Or he's just not as good as Cordy Glenn and can't play RT as well as LT.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/buffalo_bills_cyrus_kouandjio_named_among_the_pffs_best_players_of_week_16.html

To summarize, PFF rated him as the Bills' best run blocking and 2nd best overall tackle overall over 343 snaps.  He also put together two really high quality games against Cleveland and Miami last season, allowing zero pressures.

If he has his head screwed on straight, I see no reason for them not to roll the dice on the guy.  Low risk, high reward, bargain bin, relatively young, and has some quality snaps on tape.  Just how much can they trust an aging Eric Winston?(For the record I like the guy, but the coaching staff seems convinced that he can't handle a full season's workload)
Reply/Quote
I'd bring him in for a tryout, kick those crazy ass tires. I'd like to have a backup plan that didn't involve shuffling the line around. Plus this just reeks of "redeemer" blue light special.
Reply/Quote
He was the weak link on the Ala. line. I would pass.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 02:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Found naked in a park after climbing electric fence...  Asked cops to kill him when they found him...

Hope he gets his life sorted out...    Not sure I want him here.  If we sign someone in case Ced Faulters then ill take an older T even if a little past his prime that has a lot of starts under his belt

Sounds like he's got Dan Wilkerson type of issues.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cut by Bills.

Had some weird issues that need to be resolved but has some starting experience at LT.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000810972/article/cyrus-kouandjio-released-by-buffalo-bills?campaign=tw-nf-sf81574531-sf81574531

I still think we need some sort of backup option in the likelihood Ced falters. I don't think moving Fisher again is good for his development.

All for it, low risk high reward.

I do like Landon Lechler but he did come from a small college and went undrafted.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 02:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Found naked in a park after climbing electric fence...  Asked cops to kill him when they found him...

Too much takillyah sounds like to me...

(05-25-2017, 01:18 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Or he's just not as good as Cordy Glenn and can't play RT as well as LT.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/buffalo_bills_cyrus_kouandjio_named_among_the_pffs_best_players_of_week_16.html

To summarize, PFF rated him as the Bills' best run blocking and 2nd best overall tackle overall over 343 snaps.  He also put together two really high quality games against Cleveland and Miami last season, allowing zero pressures.

If he has his head screwed on straight, I see no reason for them not to roll the dice on the guy.  Low risk, high reward, bargain bin, relatively young, and has some quality snaps on tape.  Just how much can they trust an aging Eric Winston?(For the record I like the guy, but the coaching staff seems convinced that he can't handle a full season's workload)

Good stuff Bilbo, all for picking him up.
Reply/Quote
I like Kouandjio for this year as a backup, but I'm also excited for the potential OTs in next year's draft class for 2018 and beyond. Looks like a good class. If Ogbuehi and/or Fisher don't improve (vastly) this year, I'd be all in favor of taking an OT early next year (even in the 1st).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pass

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 04:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like Kouandjio for this year as a backup, but I'm also excited for the potential OTs in next year's draft class for 2018 and beyond. Looks like a good class. If Ogbuehi and/or Fisher don't improve (vastly) this year, I'd be all in favor of taking an OT early next year (even in the 1st).

Yep. If the young tackles do well we probably have a good year and draft around the high teens or low 20's and can address other needs. If either or both stink it up we draft higher and that may be too big a need to ignore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Anyone want to kick this guy's tires now?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote