Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D+
That's the grade yahoo gave me for my draft in my keeper league. Been in the same league since 2004 and we keep 2 players every year. They cost you your first 2 picks. Well here is what yahoo gave a D+ to:

Keepers- Adrian Peterson, AJ Green

Rd 3- Jamaal Charles
Rd 4- Jordy Nelson
Rd 5- Matt Forte
Rd 6- Marvin Jones Jr
Rd 7- Russell Wilson
Rd 8- Larry Fitzgerald
Rd 9- Tyler Eifert
Rd 10- Jimmy Graham
Rd 11- Andy Dalton
Rd 12- Tyler Boyd
Rd 13- Houston D
Rd 14- Defensive Player
Rd 15- kicker

Where did I go wrong?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a bad team, a little Bengals/former Bengals heavy. Lol.. I guess....

-Jamaal Charles is a great RB, but only a meh fantasy RB between injuries and generally a limited workload.
-Both of your TE are probably going to be out to start the season.

Other than that, don't really see any reason, but it also doesn't particularly matter. Teams that get high grades can tank, teams that get low ones can do well. It don't really matter much.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Got to be Dalton. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's the grade yahoo gave me for my draft in my keeper league. Been in the same league since 2004 and we keep 2 players every year. They cost you your first 2 picks. Well here is what yahoo gave a D+ to:

Rd 3- Jamaal Charles
Rd 4- Jordy Nelson
Rd 5- Matt Forte
Rd 6- Marvin Jones Jr
Rd 7- Russell Wilson
Rd 8- Larry Fitzgerald
Rd 9- Tyler Eifert
Rd 10- Jimmy Graham
Rd 11- Andy Dalton
Rd 12- Tyler Boyd
Rd 13- Houston D
Rd 14- Defensive Player
Rd 15- kicker

Where did I go wrong?

Just think it's becaUse you don't have much proof and a lot of question marks.  If everyone stays healthy you are good.

AP- old and Father Time will catch up (but I think he plays fine this year)
Green- locked in as a top WR no question
Charles - acl and good depth 
Jordy - acl
Forte - coming off injury last year and already tweaked again.  30 and new system
Marvin jones- new system (huge upside)
Wilson- good value top 5 qb 
Fitz- mcl sprain 
Eifert- does he start the season?
Graham - does he start the season?
Dalton- good backup
Boyd- fine but unproven

Just a lot of question marks.  Last year this draft is an A... So just hope the injury bug is nice this year
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's the grade yahoo gave me for my draft in my keeper league. Been in the same league since 2004 and we keep 2 players every year. They cost you your first 2 picks. Well here is what yahoo gave a D+ to:

Rd 3- Jamaal Charles
Rd 4- Jordy Nelson
Rd 5- Matt Forte
Rd 6- Marvin Jones Jr
Rd 7- Russell Wilson
Rd 8- Larry Fitzgerald
Rd 9- Tyler Eifert

Rd 10- Jimmy Graham
Rd 11- Andy Dalton
Rd 12- Tyler Boyd
Rd 13- Houston D
Rd 14- Defensive Player
Rd 15- kicker

Where did I go wrong?

I honestly love your draft.

- AP, Charles and Forte makes for a proven (albeit aging) group of RBs.
- Solid at WR. I think Marv will get a ton of targets in DET, so there's value there
- Double dipped at TE and I love both picks. Graham a bounce back candidate.
- Double dipped at QB and I like both. Andy has outproduced Pig Ben in fantasy over the last 4 years. Let others buy the Ben hype and buy low on Andy.

I always look for 2 things: value and how safe a pick is. I think you have a nice balance of "safe" players (AP, Forte, Fitz, Green, Wilson) and value (Eifert, Graham, Charles, Dalton). Some of those players may be aging, but its hard to envision guys like AP, Forte and Fitz suddenly becoming worthless, barring injury.

Maybe the grade isn't factoring in your keepers?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think they probably downgraded your draft on the first four after your keeper's. Two are coming off of injury and the other two are on new teams.
Looks solid to me but yahoo can be pretty fickle with their grades at times it seems.
Reply/Quote

Rd 3- Jamaal Charles
Rd 4- Jordy Nelson
Rd 5- Matt Forte
Rd 6- Marvin Jones Jr
Rd 7- Russell Wilson
Rd 8- Larry Fitzgerald
Rd 9- Tyler Eifert
Rd 10- Jimmy Graham
Rd 11- Andy Dalton
Rd 12- Tyler Boyd
Rd 13- Houston D
Rd 14- Defensive Player
Rd 15- kicker

Where did I go wrong?

drafting Wilson before Dalton...

IDK normally it just grading on what they have ranked above who you took.

But I have seen D+s win it all
Reply/Quote
Thread title, "D+". Forum: "Fantasy Leagues." Hmmm, I thought it was going to be in "After Hours," sort of a complimentary thread to BOTD. Oh well...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 04:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: drafting Wilson before Dalton...

IDK normally it just grading on what they have ranked above who you took.

But I have seen D+s win it all
I got a D+ last year and led the league in scoring all season. This year I got a C which is worst in the league, and they project me to finish last.

If you don't follow their lil best available formula they shit on your draft. Their grades mean diddly poo
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 09:05 PM)jason Wrote: I got a D+ last year and led the league in scoring all season. This year I got a C which is worst in the league, and they project me to finish last.

If you don't follow their lil best available formula they shit on your draft. Their grades mean diddly poo

I would tend to agree with that.  They put zero merit on sleepers or most rookies, or players that just moved to a system that benefits their particular skill set.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would tend to agree with that.  They put zero merit on sleepers or most rookies, or players that just moved to a system that benefits their particular skill set.
They didn't like that I only drafted 1 QB, K, TE, and defense. I think taking multiple positions that you can only start 1 of are wasted picks.

Kickers are kickers. The same mostly goes for QBs and defense in my league. If you don't have one if the top 3 TEs, they are all the same.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Did one for work and they downgraded my draft because I didn't take a back up kicker

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 09:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did one for work and they downgraded my draft because I didn't take a back up kicker
I never do. The same with QB, TE, and defense. You can easily tinker around past their bye weeks. Back ups at those positions are a waste.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 09:21 PM)jason Wrote: I never do. The same with QB, TE, and defense. You can easily tinker around past their bye weeks. Back ups at those positions are a waste.

Yes, keeping your skill players stocked at least keeps those guys off of other teams.  Like you said, you can always pick up someone, anyone to kick on a bye week, same with defense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 09:21 PM)jason Wrote: I never do. The same with QB, TE, and defense. You can easily tinker around past their bye weeks. Back ups at those positions are a waste.

Hell, I usually don't draft a starting kicker unless it makes me. I was just pointing out a "reason" Yahoo downgrades a draft. They also dinged me for not taking a backup TE.

Reply/Quote
Your draft is an automatic B for drafting Jordy in the 4th and Fitz in the 8th alone. I don't get that grade at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I usually don't draft a starting kicker unless it makes me. I was just pointing out a "reason" Yahoo downgrades a draft. They also dinged me for not taking a backup TE.
My draft was last night.... People were taking kickers and defense before I took a QB.... Andy Dalton no less. I think they were on auto pick.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did I go wrong?

When you gave a damn about the yahoo rating.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 10:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: When you gave a damn about the yahoo rating.
As Americans, we always seek validation... We take it poorly when we don't receive it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 10:29 PM)jason Wrote: As Americans, we always seek validation... We take it poorly when we don't receive it.

In that case... I'd say you made an excellent point. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote