Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D’Ante Smith a surprise or too small to play in the NFL?
(07-02-2021, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Gee D'Ante, we thought you'd be bigger..    Cool

That's what my dates tell me..... Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 06:39 PM)Synric Wrote: I was a big fan of D'Ante Smith through the process after the seeing him work at the Senior Bowl. Everyone will mention his weight and  functional strength (especially the lower half) and those are things he needs to work on in a red shirt year... but in an NFL weight training and nutrition program I'm less worried about those issues over his others.

D'Ante Smith has a disconnect between his upper and lower halves. His body control is atrocious that has alot to do with his very wild technical skills as he is all over the place with his feet and hands. He tends to play with his shoulders over his feet which as we have seen leads to very bad things.

There are some excellent traits about Smith that he does being to the table. Outstanding Length matches by a perfect 6'5 height which is thr perfect build of an offensive linemen. He is very long but isnt overly tall giving away leverage. My favorite quality is he is very aggressive yes he needs to work on his strength but he's a DOG that wants to remove his assignments from the play. 

For D'Ante Smith the sky is the limit but he has to have that drive to get better. 

These are my feeling on D'Ante. Very high upside, he just needed a year to work in an NFL weight training and nutritional 
program. We drafted him in the right spot for one of these types of players. I really like D'Ante's aggressiveness as Synric
said, he isn't no Og that is for damn sure. This guy has a mean streak and loves to remove the Defender in front of him.
Reply/Quote