Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D’Ante Smith
(10-12-2021, 10:06 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Quinton Spain has said before that RG is his best position.It woutbe a mistake to move him ,or Jonah Williams.Leave the left side alone.D’Ante Smith is a smart player,I think he’ll be OK at RG.Besides,not to many other legitimate options Available at this point.I think D’Ante at RG,if Carman is out,is the best option.

No, he said LG is his best position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 08:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: We could try Tyler Shelvin over there...

You got it all wrong man.. They cut Chrisman so he can go on the 53 man roster and take over at RG or take over for Huber and let him man the RG spot..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 07:58 PM)Synric Wrote: You put D'Ante Smith in at RG.

Jonah Williams and Quinton Spain are having a great year on the left side. Do Not Screw With That.

The first correct answer:)

I think Smith might just take the job and never look back.  I am a little torn on his future, though.  If he excels, do you try to make him the RT of the future or leave at RG?  He has great length that Carman and Adeniji don't.  

Either way, here's to the kid having a big game against Detroit.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 07:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Smith at LG, Spain at RG.
OL depth getting thin with Adeniji out the year plus XSF on IR and Carman possibly having to sit out due to COVID.

LEave the Left side alone its doing pretty well
Reply/Quote
Smith will play RG if Carman can't play, and it would not surprise me to see him take the opportunity and shine. Not sure about his run blocking, but wasn't he pretty much immovable in pass pro, or am I thinking of someone else?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: LEave the Left side alone its doing pretty well

I didn't think Smith was practicing at RG at all, so I worry about his lack of experience there.
If he has been playing at RG, then sure put him there.

If you wanted to keep the left side intact though and not want to try Smith at RG, you could put Hopkins at RG (where he played a few seasons ago) and try Hill at C.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't think Smith was practicing at RG at all, so I worry about his lack of experience there.
If he has been playing at RG, then sure put him there.

If you wanted to keep the left side intact though and not want to try Smith at RG, you could put Hopkins at RG (where he played a few seasons ago) and try Hill at C.

That is a more reasoniable solution if they feel hes ready... 

is XSF still injured?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: That is a more reasoniable solution if they feel hes ready... 

is XSF still injured?

Yea he's on IR.
Just went on there right before Sunday's game, I thought.
Has to miss (at least) two more games.
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-xavier-sua-filo-placed-on-ir/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't think Smith was practicing at RG at all, so I worry about his lack of experience there.

I am pretty sure he has

Bengals Rookie OL D'Ante Smith Continues to Impress, Could Push for Starting Job (msn.com)

Smith played left guard for the first and second-team during Monday's practice, but that could change anytime. The coaching staff wants him to be comfortable on both sides. 

Quote:"Ideally you'd like to have him play one spot, but the reality is even he is your interior swing off the bench he's got to be able to play both sides," Callahan said. "All of those interior guys are always going to flip-flop sides to be able to get a chance to rep both sides. Ideally you'd leave him in one spot, but the reality is he's going to have to play be able to play both to have value for our offensive line as a starter or a backup."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No, he said LG is his best position.

Yes that’s true.LG is his best position.My bad.
Reply/Quote
He needs to Wally Pipp the Wally Pipp'er. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote