Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D'Ante Smith to IR
per Zac today....so he's out at least 3 weeks. He will be having surgery for a torn meniscus so it could be longer, even season ending depending on how much has to be done

He also said that either Jackson or Hill would start at RG on Sunday

I think that leaves us with 4 open roster spots assume that Perine and Kareem will take 2.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So Hill is the backup interior lineman to all 3 spots now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 01:41 PM)Synric Wrote: So Hill is the backup interior lineman to all 3 spots now.

seems like it

Reply/Quote
Trae Waynes thinks this kid is fragile.

He missed 2 season in college with injury and has been hurt this entire year. Has he even taken a snap in a real game?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Only the Bengals have the injuries pile up without even playing a football game...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 01:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trae Waynes thinks this kid is fragile.

He missed 2 season in college with injury and has been hurt this entire year. Has he even taken a snap in a real game?
1. He had really bad COVID last year and lost 30 pounds or whatever, hence why he lost almost the whole season.
2. He's been a healthy inactive for all 5 games.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Who is Jackman?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 02:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who is Jackman?

[Image: 1489072977-delish-wolverine-hugh-jackman.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 02:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. He had really bad COVID last year and lost 3 pounds or whatever, hence why he lost almost the whole season.
2. He's been a healthy inactive for all 5 games.

Profile states he was injured opening game Senior Year against UCF and sat out "undisclosed" the rest of the season. Hard to tell what "undisclosed" was; as I know he missed a preseason game because he was "dehydrated". 

Regardless, it doesn't scream Brett Favre when you go on IR the first week you practice with the starters.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 02:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 1489072977-delish-wolverine-hugh-jackman.jpg]

that's like his ARod name  Cool

Reply/Quote
Hitting on 3 Olinemen in 1 draft was too good to be true.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 02:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Profile states he was injured opening game Senior Year against UCF and sat out "undisclosed" the rest of the season. Hard to tell what "undisclosed" was; as I know he missed a preseason game because he was "dehydrated". 

Regardless, it doesn't scream Brett Favre when you go on IR the first week you practice with the starters.

Undisclosed is because he had the virus and lost 30 pounds (amended it in my original post).

It's why at the Senior Bowl, he was only 285 pounds or something.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
FML
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 01:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Only the Bengals have the injuries pile up without even playing a football game...

You must have missed the Ravens running backs dropping like flies...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 03:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Undisclosed is because he had the virus and lost 30 pounds (amended it in my original post).

It's why at the Senior Bowl, he was only 285 pounds or something.

He missed his entire freshman year with an injury.

He was hurt as a Senior, then opted out to prepare for the draft.

"The injury was the second major setback in Smith's college career, which he played at least 12 games just twice in five seasons. He's not concerned about the injury history because he says he has the tools to succeed in the league."

I'm not seeing anywhere that is says he had Covid unless he got Covid after he was injured in the game as a Senior. He was on the field in the season-opener and went out with an injury and never came back in. It was an actual injury not Covid as you can google it and see him being taken off the field. It was "undisclosed" because he opted out to prepare for the draft so it didn't need to be released. If he has Covid on top of that, I'm not seeing it but it is possible.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 02:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who is Jackman?

Jackman Carson, our RG, obviously.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 01:41 PM)Synric Wrote: So Hill is the backup interior lineman to all 3 spots now.

And I would expect Fred Johnson in the next OL off the bench if two IOL get hurt in the same game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 01:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trae Waynes thinks this kid is fragile.

Why do we always get screwed with drafting injury prone players?
Reply/Quote
At least SO FAR we actually have our first round pick this year...(knock on wood)...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 04:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And I would expect Fred Johnson in the next OL off the bench if two IOL get hurt in the same game.

I think they'd move Reiff into RG and put Prince at RG...
Reply/Quote