Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D&H Sports interview with Elise Jesse on Toxic culture
Taylor failed by hiring these two clowns, granted Lou was a desperation move.

I doubt he loses his job regardless but if he wants to save face with players about building a good culture and save face with fans, those two are gone now or at the very least, when the season ends.

This gives the entire organization a black eye, which it deserves, but everything I'm reading and hearing points the fingers at the same two coaches. They need to be gone especially Turner since this is strike what 4 or 5 for this clown?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't doubt for a second there are problems with Anarumo and Turner especially. But I think these guys are just adding layers and layers of meaning on top of things that they can't justify. Like saying nobody respects Taylor because of his youth and inexperience. That's just conjecture because we're losing.

For the record, I actually like the puppets. I just think they're giving themselves too much credit in terms of what they know and don't know.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I doubt he loses his job regardless but if he wants to save face with players about building a good culture and save face with fans, those two are gone now or at the very least, when the season ends.

This is why I think they'll be forced out AT MINIMUM, when the season ends.

If not forced out, they will be flat-out fired. I can see them bring some position coaches with them as well, though TBH, I don't think all of them have been that bad (Golden, for example).

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ben Martin take over as OL coach, as he's been getting rave reviews since last year as the assistant; whether that's a good move or not, I don't know lol.

(11-25-2020, 04:04 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I don't doubt for a second there are problems with Anarumo and Turner especially. But I think these guys are just adding layers and layers of meaning on top of things that they can't justify. Like saying nobody respects Taylor because of his youth and inexperience. That's just conjecture because we're losing.

For the record, I actually like the puppets. I just think they're giving themselves too much credit in terms of what they know and don't know.

You should see Dadio on Twitter; horrible-take city.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Man, I'm going to have to watch this. But I hate those damn puppets.

I wish she went on that other Bengals podcast. I was pleasantly surprised at how well done it was.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: This is why I think they'll be forced out AT MINIMUM, when the season ends.

If not forced out, they will be flat-out fired. I can see them bring some position coaches with them as well, though TBH, I don't think all of them have been that bad (Golden, for example).

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ben Martin take over as OL coach, as he's been getting rave reviews since last year as the assistant; whether that's a good move or not, I don't know lol.

You should see Dadio on Twitter; horrible-take city.

Will that be enough blood for the mob you think?

I'm sincerely curious, will the firing of those two be enough that the mob mentality comes a little when they give Taylor another season?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You should see Dadio on Twitter; horrible-take city.

Oh I follow him on Twitter, and I agree. Very knee-jerk with everything. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, I'm going to have to watch this. But I hate those damn puppets.

I wish she went on that other Bengals podcast. I was pleasantly surprised at how well done it was.

I like Ace and Zim at new stripe city and orange is the new black podcast. Also Anthony Cosenza and Matt Minnich for cincy jungle orangecsnd black podcast....
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1.) This is why I think they'll be forced out AT MINIMUM, when the season ends.

2.) If not forced out, they will be flat-out fired.

1.) What exceeds being forced out ("at minimum")? 

What, do they force them out, and then spank them on their way out of the door?  Maybe yell obsecenties at them, while doing the Degeneration X "Suck it" motion?

2.) How do you  force someone out without firing them? 

"Hey, just so know we'd really like you to just leave and not come back.  You're not technically fired or anything, but know that we don't like you anymore."
Reply/Quote
I'm like 3 and half minutes into the video and it's going to be a struggle to get through.

Will these puppets ever shut the hell up?
Reply/Quote
I don't see how Zac survives this. Even by MB standards.

I'm embarrassed for the Free Agents that came this season witnessing all the worse of the Bengals Organization they've heard from the outside all these years.

Many of which wasn't all true, but how can you dispute it to them now. The critics have been proven right.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 2.) How do you  force someone out without firing them? 

Don't want to put words in Trucks mouth, but Bengals have been known to let a coach claim it was his choice to leave instead of firing him.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm like 3 and half minutes into the video and it's going to be a struggle to get through.

Will these puppets ever shut the hell up?

Spoiler alert: The puppets never shut up. It's almost unbearable to watch or listen to. Thankfully someone recapped the video a few posts ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't see how Zac survives this. Even by MB standards.

I honestly think that all the money they spent last off season will make the front office quicker to fire Zac.
Reply/Quote
Any decent team would have refused to hire Turner after his crap in Miami. He's a despicable human being. And a lousy coach to boot.

It really reflects poorly of Taylor, Brown, and Katie that they would hire such a person.

Was willing to give him a second chance, but that leopard ain't changing its spots.

I am out on this franchise as long as Turner is a part if it.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:48 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Spoiler alert: The puppets never shut up. It's almost unbearable to watch or listen to. Thankfully someone recapped the video a few posts ago.

Just finished it.  You aint lying.

Why even have guests on if you're not going to allow them to talk?  23 minute video and I'd guess that Elise had about 2 minutes of total speaking time.  The other guy who was guest got like 45 seconds.

It's a shame, because I really would have liked to hear her more.  She may have gone into some more detail if they didn't just speak for her, and then over her, for the whole show.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Man, I'm going to have to watch this. But I hate those damn puppets.

She went on the latest Locked On Bengals podcast.

I like Paul Dehner and Jay Morrison’s Hear That Podcast Growling the best, but they update Tuesday/Thursday and hadn’t talked about anything other than the Burrow injury
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) What exceeds being forced out ("at minimum")? 

What, do they force them out, and then spank them on their way out of the door?  Maybe yell obsecenties at them, while doing the Degeneration X "Suck it" motion?

2.) How do you  force someone out without firing them? 

"Hey, just so know we'd really like you to just leave and not come back.  You're not technically fired or anything, but know that we don't like you anymore."

1. As Fred said, they, "step down/resign/wtf," to allow them dignity. "We thank them for their contribution, blah blah." Ala Marv' after the '18 season.

2. They shitcan them outright.

Either way, IMO, I don't see them being here come 01/04/21.

(11-25-2020, 04:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Will that be enough blood for the mob you think?

I'm sincerely curious, will the firing of those two be enough that the mob mentality comes a little when they give Taylor another season?

I think a lot of failings aren't on Zac directly; just that the two devils are not on the up and up and dragging him down.

Which, ultimately, is still on him, as he is the HC. But I think he's placed too much faith in them and the only option now is to cut the head off and start anew.

Don't think that'll calm anyone lol.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I started listening to these guys a few years ago. At first, I was kind of annoyed by the puppets (when I first started watching, it was actually just hand sketches of the characters on paper) and accents but, after a while, it became charming.

Plus there aren't that many venues for Bengals news in a podcast/talkshow-esque style so I kept going back for that reason too. They get some pretty decent guests and they have guys like Matt Minich on too, who I like.

As for this particular segment, just more reasons to start from scratch in 2021. I don't buy for a second that a group of good coaches couldn't be persuaded to come and coach Joe Burrow (and, on the defensive side of the ball, coach with Burrow as the opposite side of your defense). We really don't need to dig into the dumps to find coaches for Cincinnati as long as Burrow is here and is able to play the way he had leading up to his injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You should see Dadio on Twitter; horrible-take city.

One of them (I forget which) was all about AJ McCarron back when he was still with the team. 

I never did find out if they were doing it ironically or not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 05:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: One of them (I forget which) was all about AJ McCarron back when he was still with the team. 

I never did find out if they were doing it ironically or not.
They did it because Hodgie was a Dalton hater on the show forever. He wanted Dalton out forever. I think they were just playing into the fans bicker on the situation, because Dadio stuck up for Dalton until the end. He eventually turned on Dalton too though in '19.. The other guy wasn't a guest either, for the guy who said the other guest. It was Jon Sheeran from cincy jungle and he's a pretty good analyst..
Reply/Quote