Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Jax
Has been cut in Philly. Perfect replacement for Ross. Also we can finally make up for taking Jerome Simpson over him in the '08 draft
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 07:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Has been cut in Philly. Perfect replacement for Ross. Also we can finally make up for taking Jerome Simpson over him in the '08 draft

I don't dislike the idea.  Not sure Ross's production warrants replacing, though.  
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 07:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Has been cut in Philly. Perfect replacement for Ross. Also we can finally make up for taking Jerome Simpson over him in the '08 draft

He played in just three games in '19 because of a core muscle injury, and he missed 11 games this past season with an injured ankle.

So, yea he would be exactly the same as John Ross only more expensive.

He is 34, go after a guy like Allen Robinson from Chicago instead.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 07:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He played in just three games in '19 because of a core muscle injury, and he missed 11 games this past season with an injured ankle.

So, yea he would be exactly the same as John Ross only more expensive.

He is 34, go after a guy like Allen Robinson from Chicago instead.

We don’t need to spend all that money on Allen Robinson guys lol we don’t have dalton anymore we have Burrow. Go sign a Sammy Watkins or a Marvin Jones or a Kenny galloday whom don’t break the bank but breaking the bank on a wide receiver is just typical Bengal bs. Break the bank on an offensive lineman or a corner or a edge rusher way before even considering dropping top dollar on a wide receiver...especially when we have arguably the best number two in the game with boyd coupled with probably a top candidate for offensive rookie of the year if Burrow doesn’t go down in tee higgins. We have two young studs at wide receiver yes we do need a guy to play the X but with busted Qb no offensive line and 2 young beasts at wide receiver u don’t in ur right mind even consider a wr before a Brandon sherff or a joe thuney or a Trent Williams etc. what needs to happen to our Qb for protecting the franchise to become the number 1 priority. Honestly smh
Reply/Quote
Is the juice worth the squeeze? Seems too injury prone and old at this point to take that gamble. Maybe if he's willing to sign for $3 mill or less I guess.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 07:52 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We don’t need to spend all that money on Allen Robinson guys lol we don’t have dalton anymore we have Burrow.  Go sign a Sammy Watkins or a Marvin Jones or a Kenny galloday whom don’t break the bank but breaking the bank on a wide receiver is just typical Bengal bs.  Break the bank on an offensive lineman or a corner or a edge rusher way before even considering dropping top dollar on a wide receiver...especially when we have arguably the best number two in the game with boyd coupled with probably a top candidate for offensive rookie of the year if Burrow doesn’t go down in tee higgins.  We have two young studs at wide receiver yes we do need a guy to play the X but with busted Qb no offensive line and 2 young beasts at wide receiver u don’t in ur right mind even consider a wr before a Brandon sherff or a joe thuney or a Trent Williams etc.  what needs to happen to our Qb for protecting the franchise to become the number 1 priority.  Honestly smh

I'm all in on building the Oline first but this team likes to do stupid stuff and ignore it. If we are going to burn money on a WR it may as well be a guy who is good versus a 34 year old who will sit on IR.

Plus, if we sign enough weapons maybe the team doesn't waste the first rounder on a WR or TE and drafts one of the top 3 tackles.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 08:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm all in on building the Oline first but this team likes to do stupid stuff and ignore it. If we are going to burn money on a WR it may as well be a guy who is good versus a 34 year old who will sit on IR.

Plus, if we sign enough weapons maybe the team doesn't waste the first rounder on a WR or TE and drafts one of the top 3 tackles.

This is the bengals who do consistently do stupid stuff so I’ll concede to you that but at some point it’s gotta stop and I have to think and strongly believe that with joe Burrow being carted off this last season that the mindset has changed but but one can only hope lol. Again I do think we need a x but not an AJ green or Allen Robinson.... guys like galloday Marvin Jones or a Sammy Watkins could come in and play the x like we need and then could u imagine our wr room with one of them three with Boyd higgins Tate Thomas and then draft a guy like escridge or Johnathan Adams in the 4th... yikes. Burrow would have a field day every sunday
Reply/Quote
Hard pass for me. At this point he’s to injury prone. Plus he’s probably my least favorite player in the Nfl. Little punk ass biotch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Last I saw of him he was coming back from an injury, first game back, and got injured again.

Having said that I would take him for a bargain basement price. Because you can’t use him for anything other than going deep or he will get hurt. And even that is a risky proposition.
Reply/Quote
Think he's basically done considering he's 35 and has only played 8 games the last two years combined.

Heck, he's only played 16 games in 2 out of 13 years and only played more than 12 in 2 of the last 6 years.

Would rather get a Marvin Jones/Kenny Golladay/Corey Davis type tier-2 WR if they're going to do a WR in FA.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd happily bring Marvin Jones back at the right price. I doubt he's available at the right price. But Marvin, Tee, and Boyd would be solid. There are some decent options at wideout in free agency. If we could grab a reasonably priced vet to replace AJ, that would free up the draft in terms of definitely not needing a receiver high. We need more help in the trenches so I'd prefer a Sewell or trade down scenario and some beefy picks in round one and two.
Reply/Quote
For me that's a hard pass, he's older, injury prone, and that's not a good combo for a WR. I still say our best option at WR is getting one in FA to be the #3, and then draft another one in 4/5 round.

FA #3's

1) Chris Conley-Jags
2) Josh Reynolds-Rams
3) David Moore- Seahawks
4) Keelan Cole-Jags

I think any one of these 4, plus our current group with a draft pick puts us in good shape.

1) Boyd-Slot
2) Higgens
3) FA
4) Draft pick
5) Tate
6) Thomas-re-sign ST or another draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 08:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Is the juice worth the squeeze? Seems too injury prone and old at this point to take that gamble. Maybe if he's willing to sign for $3 mill or less I guess.

If the Bengals are serious about finding that 3rd starting WR via free agency, ideally you'd looking to bring in a reliable, healthy guy on a 2-3 year deal.  Someone to hold the spot down, while a couple of draft picks develop into starters.

I'm not sure that D-Jax fits that description.  Sure, he's still fast and can get behind a defender, but he's also 34 and really missed a lot of time the past two seasons.  Sounds a little bit like our own AJ Green, whom so many seem quite content with allowing him to move on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
we might as well keep AJ Green if we wanted an aging receiver

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

I am down, he is old though and has had problems with injury. I think I would rather get a younger WR, but as long as we
get the O-line and D-line upgraded I am happy. Burrow doesn't need great weapons to be great, he needs a good O-line.

D-Jax also would likely be cheap for the very reasons I would prefer a younger WR without injury problems.
Reply/Quote