Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
D-Line
(12-18-2023, 09:02 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: He's available, 335lbs played with us in the superbowl season..wouldn't kicking the tires He's a good run stopper..

The Bengals and Lou would know his value, since the Bengals were the last team he played for. If they think they could use him, even just for certain downs and distances, then it would just be a matter if he is in any kind of condition to play.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ***

Carter completely jumped the snap count and pushed the LG into Mullens to blow that play up.

One of the unheralded plays of the game. I had no idea who was responsible for that key play. If the Vikings get a first down, they are just three yards from where that field-goal line was set. They probably could have kicked the winning FG from where they were at, but when its just 6 inches to go, you expect to make it.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 09:02 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: He's available, 335lbs played with us in the superbowl season..wouldn't kicking the tires He's a good run stopper..

Are you Zach Kerr?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Carter completely jumped the snap count and pushed the LG into Mullens to blow that play up.

(12-18-2023, 09:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: One of the unheralded plays of the game. I had no idea who was responsible for that key play. If the Vikings get a first down, they are just three yards from where that field-goal line was set. They probably could have kicked the winning FG from where they were at, but when its just 6 inches to go, you expect to make it.

Had no idea who it was as well.

That play was ginormous.

We need to re-do the Vikings game ball thread and add Carter Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 07:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: So, do we try to go out and pick a guy up to plug into the rotation ?
Or... do you think our young guys are ready ?
Is our locker room tight knit and mature enough to handle somebody like Ndamukong Suh coming in.
I guess he's petitioning teams currently.
Is there anyone out there that "fits" ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

(12-18-2023, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Suh would be the perfect pick up as far as a player. I don't know if we will bring him in though as he has always had an attitude. But if he is behaving 
well I couldn't think of a better pick up for this team with Reader out. Zach Carter is a 3-tech, same with BJ Hill even if he CAN play NT. All we have is 
Tupou and I don't trust him from what I have seen of his play this year.

Amazing stop by Zach Carter and BJ Hill to help win this last game in OT. But we will need to be better stopping the run than we were early against the
Vikes. BTW, speaking of D-line, Myles Murphy played great against the Vikings.

Suh and Zac go way back at Nebraska
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
“I tell you, life ain't easy for a boy named Suh.”
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 09:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think I would prefer Danny Shelton or Suh, but Kerr could definitely be in our thoughts along with Domenique Davis off the PS.

Very true..
Reply/Quote
Carter has stepped up his game and with Topou will fill in for Reader, with Tufele added in. We will miss Reader, as he is a beast, but our backups are pretty good.
Reply/Quote
Topou and Tufele will fill the hole.
Reply/Quote
The team put in a waiver claim for former Titan Teair Tart unfortunately so did the Texans and they had priority.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 09:22 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Bengals and Lou would know his value, since the Bengals were the last team he played for. If they think they could use him, even just for certain downs and distances, then it would just be a matter if he is in any kind of condition to play.

That was two years ago, he must be in great shape..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 09:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That was two years ago, he must be in great shape..

You'd think there are folks on practice squads that would be better than a guy who hasn't played in a couple years.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 08:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Agreed on Murphy.
I honestly think our guys have a strong enough bond that Suh couldn't disrupt our chemistry, even if he wanted to. I think he'd be fine, though. He's in the twilight of his career and would likely be happy just to play on a playoff team. His skillset would give us depth and versatility.

I like our guys a lot, but I like insurance better.

I just read CBS sportsline article he is a tactical ring chaser but talent wise he is a year older but if he still has it wouldn't be opposed to it. 
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Raymond Johnson III is still on the Lions' practice squad.
Reply/Quote
It is bad DJ got hurt, however it isn’t like our defense was playing lights out. Might be a chance they play better with the youngsters getting a chance and an all hands on deck attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 07:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: So, do we try to go out and pick a guy up to plug into the rotation ?
Or... do you think our young guys are ready ?
Is our locker room tight knit and mature enough to handle somebody like Ndamukong Suh coming in.
I guess he's petitioning teams currently.
Is there anyone out there that "fits" ?

We’ll be fine.I think Zac Carter can do a good job in that role,although I would bring in Dominique Davis from the practice squad if he’s still there.Not sure what his status is.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 05:52 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: We’ll be fine.I think Zac Carter can do a good job in that role,although I would bring in Dominique Davis from the practice squad if he’s still there.Not sure what his status is.

He's still there, and they mentioned promoting him (which they need to go ahead and do because Pissburgh is just slimy enough to grab him just to keep us from promoting him)
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 09:40 AM)pally Wrote: The team put in a waiver claim for former Titan Teair Tart unfortunately so did the Texans and they had priority.
Well.....drat.

At least it seems they share my concern.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 09:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: One of the unheralded plays of the game. I had no idea who was responsible for that key play. If the Vikings get a first down, they are just three yards from where that field-goal line was set. They probably could have kicked the winning FG from where they were at, but when its just 6 inches to go, you expect to make it.

For sure, the Carter stop was essential in us winning this game. Guess that 20 pounds of extra muscle helped him after all.

(12-18-2023, 10:26 PM)Whacked Wrote: Had no idea who it was as well.

That play was ginormous.

We need to re-do the Vikings game ball thread and add Carter Big Grin

Yep, without that play we very well could be 7-7 instead of 8-6.

(12-18-2023, 10:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Suh and Zac go way back at Nebraska

Good point, never really thought of that.

(12-19-2023, 04:02 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Raymond Johnson III is still on the Lions' practice squad.

I like RJ3 as an End, he isn't the answer at NT though which is what Reader is.
Reply/Quote