Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Line No calls
I was irate at the loss on Sunday. I bit my tongue and chalked it up to another Bengal Bungal. However I couldn't get passed the fact we had zero sacks and even zero pressures. So I pulled up the highlights and dove into to look for holding penalties again the Steelers All-Pro (eye roll) O-line.

:20 LT  Hold on Lawson
:36 RT and RG OBVIOUS hold on Dunlap
1:40 RG Grabbing Jersey and hooking Atkins
1:56 Atkins is just abusing the RG no call
2:04 LT is literally holding Lawson's arm from behind...no call
2:58 Illegal block in the back Johnson working on the LT
3:17 Illegal Hands to the Face followed by a hold on the RT on Dunlap
8:15 RG Huge hold on Lawson no call

10:06 the gigantic PICK PLAY that was a no call... but at that point they had the win with the field goal anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure there are lots of times some things aren't called but while I did see some bad things (bad angles etc) by our D-line they aren't entirely to blame. Take it for what it is.

Here is a link if you want to see the video see if you agree.

[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Steelers O-line was 2nd most penalized in the NFL coming in... ZERO penalties on them this past game.
That's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to do in the NFL, and they've done it MORE THAN ONCE against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 06:47 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: I was irate at the loss on Sunday. I bit my tongue and chalked it up to another Bengal Bungal. However I couldn't get passed the fact we had zero sacks and even zero pressures. So I pulled up the highlights and dove into to look for holding penalties again the Steelers All-Pro (eye roll) O-line.

:20 LT  Hold on Lawson
:36 RT and RG OBVIOUS hold on Dunlap
1:40 RG Grabbing Jersey and hooking Atkins
1:56 Atkins is just abusing the RG no call
2:04 LT is literally holding Lawson's arm from behind...no call
2:58 Illegal block in the back Johnson working on the LT
3:17 Illegal Hands to the Face followed by a hold on the RT on Dunlap
8:15 RG Huge hold on Lawson no call

10:06 the gigantic PICK PLAY that was a no call... but at that point they had the win with the field goal anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure there are lots of times some things aren't called but while I did see some bad things (bad angles etc) by our D-line they aren't entirely to blame. Take it for what it is.

Here is a link if you want to see the video see if you agree.

Good job finding the missed calls. However if the OPI had been called it moves it back to a 58 yard fg attempt at that point. Yes they would have 1 or 2 shots to get closer but Boswell is having a rough year so you can't say they had it won.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Have you done a similar analysis watching the Bengals O-line? Curious to see how many holds we got away with as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 07:01 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Steelers O-line was 2nd most penalized in the NFL coming in... ZERO penalties on them this past game.
That's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to do in the NFL, and they've done it MORE THAN ONCE against the Bengals.

This reminds me of Ravens superbowl year. They came into the postseason with the most holding penalties in the league. They had ZERO in the playoffs. Was peculiar.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 07:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Good job finding the missed calls. However if the OPI had been called it moves it back to a 58 yard fg attempt at that point. Yes they would have 1 or 2 shots to get closer but Boswell is having a rough year so you can't say they had it won.

Exactly.  I'm not going to sit here and cry about missed holding calls throughout the game, but missing a blatant and obvious call at a pivotal moment is inexcusable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Time to move on to KC and seek redemption. We are going to rock the NFL this year. We are molding into an awesome team. Plus, as a caveat to the naysayers, as much as players are learning the new coaching, the new coaches are still learning the players. Every practice, every game, we will grow. It’s going to be exciting to watch.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 07:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Good job finding the missed calls. However if the OPI had been called it moves it back to a 58 yard fg attempt at that point. Yes they would have 1 or 2 shots to get closer but Boswell is having a rough year so you can't say they had it won.

:46 Bobby Heart no call slight turn on the DE
1:00 its close but Bobby Heart clearly getting abused
9:03 Uzomah got turned around and into the back of the DE

that's all I can see and the last two are questionable.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote