Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D'Onta Foreman
(03-31-2017, 03:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: https://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php

I think it's 3 RBs in the first. Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey/Mixon. I think the other and Kamara go in the second, and maybe one more RB also in the second.

I don't think it's fair to say "you guys" are all clueless and then reference Walter.

Yes, there is a lot of good RB talent in this draft. But because of that, I really think you'll see plenty of good talent in the third round and later. Many teams also don't have a huge need at RB to take one within the first two rounds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it's 3 RBs in the first. Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey/Mixon. I think the other and Kamara go in the second, and maybe one more RB also in the second.

I don't think it's fair to say "you guys" are all clueless and then reference Walter.

Yes, there is a lot of good RB talent in this draft. But because of that, I really think you'll see plenty of good talent in the third round and later. Many teams also don't have a huge need at RB to take one within the first two rounds.

This is what i am talkin about.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it's 3 RBs in the first. Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey/Mixon. I think the other and Kamara go in the second, and maybe one more RB also in the second.

The walter reference is just an example of another site that says something completely different that you can find in 10 seconds.  don't quote some stupid CBS shit like its the bible that everyone on this forum pretends it to be.  I could list off about 3 scout sites that have him in the 2nd round 

Panthers, Jags, Eagles, Saints, Redskins, Denver, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Greenbay are all teams that need Running backs and could easily draft one in the top 2 rounds and that's not even putting us on the list.  

If those 4 running backs are gone and Greenbay sees Kamara as the last guy they have high on their board.  Then I could easily see them drafting him.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: The walter reference is just an example of another site that says something completely different that you can find in 10 seconds.  don't quote some stupid CBS shit like its the bible that everyone on this forum pretends it to be.  I could list off about 3 scout sites that have him in the 2nd round 

Panthers, Jags, Eagles, Saints, Redskins, Denver, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Greenbay are all teams that need Running backs and could easily draft one in the top 2 rounds and that's not even putting us on the list.  

If those 4 running backs are gone and Greenbay sees Kamara as the last guy they have high on their board.  Then I could easily see them drafting him.  

I get Panthers because Stewart is 30 years old. He just renegotiated his contract to take a pay cut but play an extra year (through 2018).

Jags are somewhat surprising given they have Yeldon and Ivory. Neither are great and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Jags take LF or Cook, but it's not like they are in a HUGE need for RB.

Eagles have Mathews, Sproles, and Smallwood. None great, but serviceable. No one is talking about them having a big need at RB. They have a much bigger need at WR.

Saints have Ingram, so they don't need a starting RB. They definitely could use a good backup that could split carries with him, but IMO they have bigger needs besides RB to need to get one in the top two rounds.

Redskins have Rob Kelley who came on well last year, plus Matt Jones and Chris Thompson. Also not a great cast, but not a big need at RB given the emergence of Kelley in the second half of last season. They also likely could wait on RB and address bigger needs.

Denver struggled in the run game most of last year, but CJ Anderson did look really good until he got hurt. He is the starter. They just drafted Booker last year to help split carries. They also have adequate depth. No need for them to get a RB in the first two rounds.

Not sure why TB is even listed. Doug Martin, Jacquizz Rodgers, and Charles Sims have done pretty well. Maybe a mid-late round RB, but surely not a big enough need to take a RB early.

I get Oakland and GB.

So you're looking at CAR, OAK, GB, and kinda JAX realistically for a "need". Throw in the Bengals and you're looking at likely 5-6 teams that will take a RB in the first two rounds.

Adrian Peterson is also still a FA, so he could be picked up by a team that has an immediate need for RB, then draft a long-term replacement in the mid-late rounds.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I get Panthers because Stewart is 30 years old. He just renegotiated his contract to take a pay cut but play an extra year (through 2018).

Jags are somewhat surprising given they have Yeldon and Ivory. Neither are great and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Jags take LF or Cook, but it's not like they are in a HUGE need for RB.

Eagles have Mathews, Sproles, and Smallwood. None great, but serviceable. No one is talking about them having a big need at RB. They have a much bigger need at WR.

Saints have Ingram, so they don't need a starting RB. They definitely could use a good backup that could split carries with him, but IMO they have bigger needs besides RB to need to get one in the top two rounds.

Redskins have Rob Kelley who came on well last year, plus Matt Jones and Chris Thompson. Also not a great cast, but not a big need at RB given the emergence of Kelley in the second half of last season. They also likely could wait on RB and address bigger needs.

Denver struggled in the run game most of last year, but CJ Anderson did look really good until he got hurt. He is the starter. They just drafted Booker last year to help split carries. They also have adequate depth. No need for them to get a RB in the first two rounds.

Not sure why TB is even listed. Doug Martin, Jacquizz Rodgers, and Charles Sims have done pretty well. Maybe a mid-late round RB, but surely not a big enough need to take a RB early.

I get Oakland and GB.

So you're looking at CAR, OAK, GB, and kinda JAX realistically for a "need". Throw in the Bengals and you're looking at likely 5-6 teams that will take a RB in the first two rounds.

Adrian Peterson is also still a FA, so he could be picked up by a team that has an immediate need for RB, then draft a long-term replacement in the mid-late rounds.

I mean this wall of text basically just made my point for me.  TB/Denver would be ideal landing spots for McCaffery as a rotational guy.  Kamara is extremely similar to McCaffery.  Mixon could land with any of these teams and you can even add in the lions to this list.  Its easy to say 3 RB's taken in first and with mixon its easy to say 4, but with a run on running backs greenbay could be forced into taking Kamara in the first because of value and need.  Either way I cannot see Foreman making it to the 4th under any circumstance and very little chance to make it to 3rd.  To say Mixon in the 3rd and Foreman in the 4th is teetering on insane territory

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 03:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: The walter reference is just an example of another site that says something completely different that you can find in 10 seconds.  don't quote some stupid CBS shit like its the bible that everyone on this forum pretends it to be.  I could list off about 3 scout sites that have him in the 2nd round 

Your over valuing HB I think. It wasn't that long ago that the first HB didn't come off the board until the 2nd. Do you think the tier after Fournette, McCaffery, Cook are as good as guys like Bell, Lacy, and Gio coming out, who were all 2nd rounders? It is perfectly acceptable to believe that some of these guys are around in the 3rd or 4th round. You have to remember it isn;t just their value against other HBs, but also comparative value to other positions on the board.

If anything I wouldn't call guys out for being clueless on something that is as random at times as the draft. No one who follows the draft had Billings going later than the early to mid 2nd last year and he ends up in the back end of the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: I mean this wall of text basically just made my point for me.  TB/Denver would be ideal landing spots for McCaffery as a rotational guy.  Kamara is extremely similar to McCaffery.  Mixon could land with any of these teams and you can even add in the lions to this list.  Its easy to say 3 RB's taken in first and with mixon its easy to say 4, but with a run on running backs greenbay could be forced into taking Kamara in the first because of value and need.  Either way I cannot see Foreman making it to the 4th under any circumstance and very little chance to make it to 3rd.  To say Mixon in the 3rd and Foreman in the 4th is teetering on insane territory

I didn't say Mixon in the 3rd and Foreman in the 4th.

I think Mixon is a late first if a team is really willing to gamble, likely early second round guy.

I think Foreman, especially with his speed, is the 6th RB taken. But I think it's mid-late 2nd at the earliest.

Are players like Marlon Mack, Kareem Hunt, Jeremy McNichols, Samaje Perine, or Wayne Gallman really worth a 2nd round pick? I don't think so. They are mid-round guys (at least to me).

So there may be five RBs in the first round like you say, but that seems more like it would be desperation for a team picking late in the first. I really would be shocked to see more than six taken in the first two rounds. Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Mixon, Kamara, and maybe Foreman.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: I mean this wall of text basically just made my point for me.  TB/Denver would be ideal landing spots for McCaffery as a rotational guy.  Kamara is extremely similar to McCaffery.  Mixon could land with any of these teams and you can even add in the lions to this list.  Its easy to say 3 RB's taken in first and with mixon its easy to say 4, but with a run on running backs greenbay could be forced into taking Kamara in the first because of value and need.  Either way I cannot see Foreman making it to the 4th under any circumstance and very little chance to make it to 3rd.  To say Mixon in the 3rd and Foreman in the 4th is teetering on insane territory

What you're suggesting would be the anomaly, as draft history shows.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?position=RB&type=position

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What you're suggesting would be the anomaly, as draft history shows.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?position=RB&type=position

Yes I think it would be and it just goes to show how the tides of the nfl change.  2 years ago people were talking about Runningbacks never being drafted in the first again.  Now this year its possible to be a record setting class for first round running backs.  We will have to wait for the draft to find out.  

Reply/Quote

You do realize Walter has Foreman mocked in the 3rd to the Vikings don't you?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Dude, just don't act like Running Backs are the most important position.

I am a big RB guy. Big time, Nate is.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 02:20 PM)Okeana Wrote: you guys really are clueless on where running back project this year.  Not only is Mixon gone in the first, but i project 5 running backs could be taken in the first this year if Kamara is taken in the end of the first.  By pick 9 of the 2nd round Foreman could be the last big prospect RB of this years draft on the board.  

There have been 6 first round RBs in the last 5 years total. 2 of those 6 were busts. David Wilson and Trent Richardson. Maybe if all the NFL GMs smoke a bunch of bath salts the night of the first round we will see 5 first round RBs. 

Kamara hasn't topped 700 yards rushing in either of the last two years. If I'm an owner and someone is trying to tell me to take a RB who hasn't topped 700 yards rushing in COLLEGE the last two years in the first round. I am firing that individual. 

I think Fournette and McCaffrey go in the first. After that teams usually prefer cleaner prospects in the first. Cook has questions galore. Mixon has a video that will be played on repeat of him knocking out a lady the moment he is drafted. Dumb that NFL teams won't want that associated with their team in round one but somebody will jump all over the next day.  

I can see your argument. It is a copy cat league. Maybe a bunch of teams try to be like Dallas. But I think the current history of RBs in the first stays true in what is now a pass first league. 
Reply/Quote
When was the last time 5 RB's went in the first round anyway? I was high on Foreman for a while but he may be gone before our 3rd. I would fall back on Perine (really like this kid) he is one strong ass bowling ball. Another I would consider is J.McNichols.

If the Bengals want Mixon bad enough they better just take him while they can. The outcry will be the same if he goes in the first or 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 12:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There have been 6 first round RBs in the last 5 years total. 2 of those 6 were busts. David Wilson and Trent Richardson. Maybe if all the NFL GMs smoke a bunch of bath salts the night of the first round we will see 5 first round RBs. 

Kamara hasn't topped 700 yards rushing in either of the last two years. If I'm an owner and someone is trying to tell me to take a RB who hasn't topped 700 yards rushing in COLLEGE the last two years in the first round. I am firing that individual. 

I think Fournette and McCaffrey go in the first. After that teams usually prefer cleaner prospects in the first. Cook has questions galore. Mixon has a video that will be played on repeat of him knocking out a lady the moment he is drafted. Dumb that NFL teams won't want that associated with their team in round one but somebody will jump all over the next day.  

I can see your argument. It is a copy cat league. Maybe a bunch of teams try to be like Dallas. But I think the current history of RBs in the first stays true in what is now a pass first league. 

Nice post Nati.

(04-01-2017, 02:08 AM)TKUHL Wrote: When was the last time 5 RB's went in the first round anyway? I was high on Foreman for a while but he may be gone before our 3rd. I would fall back on Perine (really like this kid) he is one strong ass bowling ball. Another I would consider is J.McNichols.

If the Bengals want Mixon bad enough they better just take him while they can. The outcry will be the same if he goes in the first or 3rd round.

I like Perine.

I highly doubt the outcry would be near as bad if we took Mixon in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote