Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D+
(09-05-2016, 09:21 PM)jason Wrote: I never do. The same with QB, TE, and defense. You can easily tinker around past their bye weeks. Back ups at those positions are a waste.

I agree/disagree.  Tons of value at Qb but I always draft at least one backup and sometimes 2... Here is why.  Although it is getting harder because Qb is as deep as ever if you do your homework and draft the right guy you can get a great return on investment.  Just last year I drafted Brees (5), rivers (12?), cam (14/15). After the first 4-5 weeks I flipped rivers (who was on fire) for cooks (who started slow but had a 3rd round grade coming into draft for me) and then later once Leveon was hurt I flipped cam for McFadden and Russell Wilson.  

I kept Brees in my lineup all season (proving your point about only needing 1) but sometimes the value of a QB is too good to pass up and you can get a huge ROI at a later date.

This year I didn't get a QB early bc the value wasn't there so I backed up Bortles (who is a big regression candidate) with mariota (who has tremendous upside). I might be in trouble at QB position but even so I can typically work through the it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 07:58 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I agree/disagree.  Tons of value at Qb but I always draft at least one backup and sometimes 2... Here is why.  Although it is getting harder because Qb is as deep as ever if you do your homework and draft the right guy you can get a great return on investment.  Just last year I drafted Brees (5), rivers (12?), cam (14/15). After the first 4-5 weeks I flipped rivers (who was on fire) for cooks (who started slow but had a 3rd round grade coming into draft for me) and then later once Leveon was hurt I flipped cam for McFadden and Russell Wilson.  

I kept Brees in my lineup all season (proving your point about only needing 1) but sometimes the value of a QB is too good to pass up and you can get a huge ROI at a later date.

This year I didn't get a QB early bc the value wasn't there so I backed up Bortles (who is a big regression candidate) with mariota (who has tremendous upside). I might be in trouble at QB position but even so I can typically work through the it
Why do you think everyone is so down on Bortles this year? I keep hearing that, and I don't get it. He's got great weapons in the passing game. I think you'll be fine with him or Mariota. I won my QB bye week game last year with Brian Hoyer.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:27 PM)jason Wrote: Why do you think everyone is so down on Bortles this year? I keep hearing that, and I don't get it. He's got great weapons in the passing game. I think you'll be fine with him or Mariota. I won my QB bye week game last year with Brian Hoyer.

So he threw 35 td out of no where last year, so regression is expected.  Then they beefedup the running game (assuming they run in some more td inside the redzone) and loaded up on D (to keep them in more games)

I would think he still can throw for 4,000+ and 30-32 td, which is a regression from last year but still hell of a good fantasy season.  Hopefully INTs are down
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote