Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DA KING IN THE NORTH!!!
(01-06-2019, 07:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Rough game, but we have a young Qb.

Youngest in history to start a playoff game, at home nonetheless. Can’t wait to see how he develops after going 6-2 to start his career.

He does some great things, but he also does things to lose. You are lucky you have the best defense in the NFL, other wise today's game would have been 40 to 3 before he woke up and Chargers defense played soft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 07:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Rough game, but we have a young Qb.

Youngest in history to start a playoff game, at home nonetheless. Can’t wait to see how he develops after going 6-2 to start his career.

I think his throwing motion looks better than the last time I saw him. He can flat out fly, but it's like Romo remarked at one point... The game looked too fast for him today.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sorry but he still looks like Terrell Pryor II. Great runner but as a passer he has only one velocity setting and no touch on the ball at all. He got extremely lucky that the Chargers got soft late and twice let receivers get WIDE open deep. That and the zebras allowing the blatant push off by Crabtree in the end zone.

Things like his locking on one receiver and not doing progressions can be coached. No touch on the ball is a different type of issue.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 07:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You ever watch the show? Lol, Ned was never the King in the North

Watched the first couple of seasons, then stopped.  Going to binge watch it when the last season ends.  I'm probably misremembering it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 07:46 PM)jason Wrote: I think his throwing motion looks better than the last time I saw him. He can flat out fly, but it's like Romo remarked at one point... The game looked too fast for him today.

Definitely looked out of his league today. A ton of fans are already done with him. To me, I'm still going to give him credit because he has better numbers through his first 8 games than Flacco did. Gotta give him a chance to grow.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 11:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Definitely looked out of his league today. A ton of fans are already done with him. To me, I'm still going to give him credit because he has better numbers through his first 8 games than Flacco did. Gotta give him a chance to grow.

He'll get his chance for sure.  I mean Harbaugh anointed him while saying Flacco was the greatest Ravens QB ever (like being the smartest Kardashian).

Even if the coach really believes in the rookie "you play to win the game" and not pulling Jackson by the end of the 3rd was a boneheaded move.  4th quarter garbage stas be damned.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: He'll get his chance for sure.  I mean Harbaugh anointed him while saying Flacco was the greatest Ravens QB ever (like being the smartest Kardashian).

Even if the coach really believes in the rookie "you play to win the game" and not pulling Jackson by the end of the 3rd was a boneheaded move.  4th quarter garbage stas be damned.

I called for Flacco after the half. Lamar just wasn't balling. When they brought Lamar out after the blocked FG to start the half, I knew Flacco was not coming in.

The only way I could have seen him coming in at that point was either for 1) a victory formation kneel or 2) a meaningless snap if they were down multiple scores with under a minute. Neither occurred, so I didn't expect to see him come out.

This will be like "Should Buck have put Britton in?" for the rest of the offseason.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:27 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I called for Flacco after the half. Lamar just wasn't balling. When they brought Lamar out after the blocked FG to start the half, I knew Flacco was not coming in.

The only way I could have seen him coming in at that point was either for 1) a victory formation kneel or 2) a meaningless snap if they were down multiple scores with under a minute. Neither occurred, so I didn't expect to see him come out.

This will be like "Should Buck have put Britton in?" for the rest of the offseason.

Even the Steelers fans wanted Flacco in at that point.  Do Ravens fans have that much confidence in the kid moving forward?  The coach seems to!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Even the Steelers fans wanted Flacco in at that point.  Do Ravens fans have that much confidence in the kid moving forward?  The coach seems to!

Some believe he has hit his ceiling and should be a RB. Some praise him as the next big thing in the NFL.

I'm in the middle. He deserves an offseason of prep and a proper start to the season before judging him. 

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Some believe he has hit his ceiling and should be a RB. Some praise him as the next big thing in the NFL.

I'm in the middle. He deserves an offseason of prep and a proper start to the season before judging him. 

I don't know enough to pass judgement (other than the stats I've seen and some highlights) but with RGIII sitting right on there on the bench as an example I'd be less than optimistic.

Sidenote:  At one point during the game yesterday Lamar had done something only Kordell Stewart had done in the playoffs!

...until the 4th quarter.  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Some believe he has hit his ceiling and should be a RB. Some praise him as the next big thing in the NFL.

Believe the middle is where one has to be on him. He has the tools and arm but must become much more accurate in this league. 

Not sure he would last long as a RB though. Yet could see a "do it all" WR from him or as I have always thought a Deion Sanders type CB. 

But at 6-2 in the heart of the season he still deserves a shot at QB for now. Michael Vick had many of the same concerns early and a worse record. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Even the Steelers fans wanted Flacco in at that point.  Do Ravens fans have that much confidence in the kid moving forward?  The coach seems to!

I think Jackson is more of their new GM's guy than Harbaugh's.

Kid needs to develop his passing skills if he's going to last.  He needs to transition from a running QB to a QB that can run.  Teams eventually figure out the former.
Reply/Quote
I feel like next year will determine if Jackson is simply a retread of RG3 or the next Michael Vick. Kid was clearly raw coming into the NFL and looked lost when not playing with a lead and looking to run clock. A full off-season as QB1 will help him out.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 01:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I feel like next year will determine if Jackson is simply a retread of RG3 or the next Michael Vick. Kid was clearly raw coming into the NFL and looked lost when not playing with a lead and looking to run clock. A full off-season as QB1 will help him out.

I was never a fan of Vick either.  Before, during or after his tenure with the Steelers or his dog fighting.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 01:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I feel like next year will determine if Jackson is simply a retread of RG3 or the next Michael Vick. Kid was clearly raw coming into the NFL and looked lost when not playing with a lead and looking to run clock. A full off-season as QB1 will help him out.

Agreed. I have no investment in him, so I have no issue calling for a new QB if he doesn't pan out after being given a legitimate shot.

(01-07-2019, 03:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was never a fan of Vick either.  Before, during or after his tenure with the Steelers or his dog fighting.

I don't like him personally, but he was a good QB for a number of seasons. If Lamar is Vick-esque in play style, I'd back that direction for the team. 

Reply/Quote
The blueprint is out how to beat ‘fumblerooski’. Good run, Lamar. Good run.

Reply/Quote
Vick could play. Certainly not one-dimensional.

And I don't know how Jackson would do as a RB. It's not equivalent to a running QB. A full off season and year playing will give a better idea as to if he can play.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 01:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Vick could play.  Certainly not one-dimensional.

And I don't know how Jackson would do as a RB.  It's not equivalent to a running QB.  A full off season and year playing will give a better idea as to if he can play.

But what did he win?

His "unique" style didn't get any of his teams any further than any other QB would have.  IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: But what did he win?

His "unique" style didn't get any of his teams any further than any other QB would have.  IMHO.

He took his team to the divisional round of the playoffs his first season as a starter and to the NFCCG in his 3rd. 2 playoff appearances in the 4 seasons with the Falcons where he started the whole season and a playoff appearance in his first two seasons back with the Eagles. 

Reply/Quote