Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
working salary cap set
(03-17-2022, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As of this morning, the Bengals are sitting with $13,344,634 in available cap space.  By releasing Waynes and Hopkins ($16,846,324 total), they could have $30,190,958 in available cap to work with.  

Also of note, if they look to make a deal for a RT, they can free up another $2,433,000 by releasing Fred Johnson.

Having tagged Bates, signed Cappa, Karras, Hill, Batche, Thomas, Harris so far (I'm probably missing someone), I'd say the Bengals are in good shape and that more moves are likely to come.

Note too that the Bengals are now over 51 players, so there will be displacement for any additional player added ($705k or more displacement).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Note too that the Bengals are now over 51 players, so there will be displacement for any additional player added ($705k or more displacement).

Good catch, I was thinking about that when I was looking at the Overthecap site this morning, but forgot to include that in my post.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As of this morning, the Bengals are sitting with $13,344,634 in available cap space.  By releasing Waynes and Hopkins ($16,846,324 total), they could have $30,190,958 in available cap to work with.  

Also of note, if they look to make a deal for a RT, they can free up another $2,433,000 by releasing Fred Johnson.

Having tagged Bates, signed Cappa, Karras, Hill, Batche, Thomas, Harris so far (I'm probably missing someone), I'd say the Bengals are in good shape and that more moves are likely to come.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I think paying Bates $12.9M for one year is a lot of money. Too much money. If not having a long term contract affected his play last year, then I suspect not having a long term contract will affect his play this upcoming season.

As a GM only in the space between my ears, I'd look for a trade partner who needs a S and has cap space. If I could trade him to the Jets for pick #38, I'd do it. Then that potential $30.2M becomes $43.1M. I get a cheaper veteran FS and draft one high who could take over next year or even this year if ready. Then I use that extra money to get another Olineman (Tretter or Williams) or a better CB.
Reply/Quote