Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC & NY are more winnable games for Cincy
The No Name Now DC Team and The NY Giants would not want to take the field with Steelers or Ravens either.

Now the Rebuilding Bengals played Browns close but lost. Bengals were clobbered at Baltimore and at Pittsburgh by Super Bowl type teams they are not ready for yet. Bengals may not win an AFC North game this year.

However Bengals have played everybody close except Baltimore and Pittsburgh Super Bowl type teams. So I see teams coming up Bengals can win. I look for Bengals to win more than last year. I say 4 or 5 games plus the Tie. I think Bengals will play everybody close except end of season Steelers and Ravens again.

No way will I watch Steelers play Ravens Thanksgiving. I will not watch Browns. These teams always bore me. I like The Chiefs as an old AFL Bengals Fan, the Chiefs of Santa Clause uniforms in Madden Games. Or maybe I just like Cincinnati Red. I'm starting to like The Colts with Rivers winning games even though fans put him down. Colts could beat some big boys in play-offs. In the end, I am a Bengals Fan. I will be hoping they beat No Name DC and NY Giants and win back to back games. A few Bengals wins around Thanksgiving time would be nice, who's ready for pie ?

Yes, I think 5-10-1 is possible. To me that is better than last years 2 wins and the awful 2018 season. It would show The Rebuild is coming together as in 6 win 1980. They do need a good Draft to build Offensive and Defensive Trenches like they had in 1980's for the 2020's. So GO BENGALS who tied Philly, and Bengals could beat these NFC East teams, each with their own huge weaknesses. A win over Dallas later would always be sweet. For now, win back to back over DC and NY. They ain't the Steeles or Ravens.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hooray!! We're going to play two bottom feeders. Something to be proud of.

You should also recognize that those two teams see the Bengals as beatable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Neither Washington or NYG (who are coming off a win streak, and battling for 1st place and a playoff spot if you can believe that), are pushovers.

Washington has a dline that will give Burrow fits, and a DC who wanted to coach here but was turned down by our HC.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
They may be able to beat DC and NY, maybe?? A very big maybe? At one time I thought perhaps they could win the Miami game, I no longer think they will win that one.

I think they may get one more win this season. DC is their best chance. Perhaps Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: Neither Washington or NYG (who are coming off a win streak, and battling for 1st place and a playoff spot if you can believe that), aren't pushovers.

Washington has a dline that will give Burrow fits, and a DC who wanted to coach here but was turned down by our HC.

Every team in the NFC East is in the play-off hunt because every team has huge weaknesses.  Now you may not hear this from the media because they don't want to upset their New York Base or Philly, or DC or Americas Team Dallas,  but these teams are not as solid as AFC North Steelers, Ravens, Browns.  

To the guy putting down beating bottom feeders,  would you rather see Bengals lose.  PLUS these are good teams, but just not the powerhouses Steelers and Ravens are.  Bengals Tie with Philly shows me Bengals have more of a chance next 2 weeks.  Bengals have played everybody close except Super Bowl type teams Steelers and Ravens. 

So GO BENGALS and put together some wins.  I see 5-10-1 as possible, maybe even 6-9-1.   In The Rebuild, that is moving up like the 1980 Bengals from 1978 and 1979.  The 1980's Super Bowls didn't happen over night, they started turning it around in a better 6 win 1980 season. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
To me beating other horrible teams does not prove anything.

The win over the Titans was nice, but even if we finish with 5 wins and a tie against these 6 teams I won't be impressed.

Phi...3-5-1
Jax...1-8-0
Was...2-7-0
NYG...3-7-0
Dal...2-7-0
Hou...2-7-0

Plus we have already lost to the 2-7 Chargers.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me beating other horrible teams does not prove anything.

The win over the Titans was nice, but even if we finish with 5 wins and a tie against these 6 teams I won't be impressed.

Phi...3-5-1
Jax...1-8-0
Was...2-7-0
NYG...3-7-0
Dal...2-7-0
Hou...2-7-0

Plus we have already lost to the 2-7 Chargers.

Then you expected Instant Super Bowl after awful 2018 season, and that just doesn't happen.  The Rebuild takes time.  As the team Rebuilds, YES, I would like to see them beat some teams not as good as Steelers or Ravens.  5 or 6 wins plus a Tie is an improvement as 1980 was.  There was no magic wand to turn the Awful, Awful 2018 Bengals into a Super Bowl team over night.  It just does NOT work that way.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Washington is tougher than you think. That front line for them is serious.

Their problem has been offense. But watching the Detroit Washington game yesterday, that offense looked pretty good
Reply/Quote
I really hope the Bengals can win vs dallas, giants , and football team.

Not because I really want them to pad thier win total but because I wasn't to see a division winner with only 5 wins on the season.

That would be hilarious.
Reply/Quote
Washington has only beaten the Eagles and Cowboys.
Aside from McLaurin, they have a bunch of no-names on offense. Double-cover McLaurin and the Bengals should be able to keep them from scoring (maybe).

The Giants have only beaten Washington (x2) and the Eagles.
With Barkley out, their biggest running threat is Daniel Jones. Keep a spy on him.
They have more prominent pass catchers than Washington, mainly Tate, Shepard, and Engram.
Their OL weak point should be their C and also LG if Lemieux is still starting. Get the interior pass rush going there if you hope to get to Jones.

If Cincy loses to either of these teams, it shows their rebuild isn't working.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 01:42 PM)kevin Wrote: The No Name Now DC Team and The NY Giants would not want to take the field with Steelers or Ravens either.  

Steelers - 26  Giants - 16

Steelers - 36 Bengals -10

You may be right, the Giants probably didn't want to play the Steelers.  But regardless, they looked a helluva lot better than we did against them.
Reply/Quote