Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC Squad's fans asking a question we've pondered
I popped by the Warshington message board to see if anyone was crying in his beer over RGIII's latest set-back (I'm a bit of a schadenfreude junkie, in case you haven't noticed) and lo and behold I saw a poll presented that touches upon something we have been discussing during the Marvin one-n-done years:

Would you rather win a championship and be a bottom-of-the-barrel team for the next 10 years or have 10 seasons of making the playoffs?

http://es.redskins.com/topic/392041-poll-championship-sucking-or-playoffs/

They have some pretty similar responses, but they also have the experience of winning a SB a long time ago and being a total joke of a team for a long time, too. Hmm....comments?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We've been the first choice without a championship, so I'd rather win (and have witnessed) a championship than be a perennial bridesmaid. At the very least it would say the team did accomplish its goal at one time, no matter how long ago.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'd rather win multiple superbowls and not be a bottom barrel team for the next ten years.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I thought this was going to be Jay Gruden related LOL but multiple super bowls and being contenders consistently over 10 seasons would be great. if not that much how about 5 seasons in the playoffs, champs in the 6th, and playoffs for the next 4 loool Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 01:34 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We've been the first choice without a championship, so I'd rather win (and have witnessed) a championship than be a perennial bridesmaid. At the very least it would say the team did accomplish its goal at one time, no matter how long ago.

I have to agree. But I'd compare us to the 6th bridesmaid, the semi-homely one on the far end.

Besides, the teams who can put together a championship, figure out how to do it again. Those who don't just never seem to.

Reply/Quote
It seems we all knew Gruden would be a crummy coach, but regret letting him go as OC. He had some good things going here. Again, this is a guy who shouldn't be a head coach. Zimmer was the only coordinator we have had lately that was head coach material. I'm drunk and rambling, I apologize. Just imagining what this team would be like with Zimmer as HC and Gruden as OC.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:46 AM)type_stripe Wrote: I thought this was going to be Jay Gruden related  LOL  but multiple super bowls and being contenders consistently over 10 seasons would be great. if not that much how about 5 seasons in the playoffs, champs in the 6th, and playoffs for the next 4 loool  Wink

can't argue with this!  Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 04:25 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It seems we all knew Gruden would be a crummy coach, but regret letting him go as OC. He had some good things going here. Again, this is a guy who shouldn't be a head coach. Zimmer was the only coordinator we have had lately that was head coach material. I'm drunk and rambling, I apologize. Just imagining what this team would be like with Zimmer as HC and Gruden as OC.

I think Zimmer will get a ring before we do. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Championship. period. nothing else matters.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:46 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I have to agree. But I'd compare us to the 6th bridesmaid, the semi-homely one on the far end.

Well, that's also the first bridesmaid to get drunk at the recpetion hall and get plowed in the coat closet. In this analogy I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad, though. Maybe that's what we wintnessed in TB the other night.

To the OP: I'm in my late 40s, and before I shuffle off this mortal coil or have only two or three marbles left rattling around in my head, I want to see this team win a championship. Just one. I can't count the number of times people on this board's predecessor turned down this deal on the pipedream that Carson and company were on the verge of winning multiple championships, so who needed one lousy championship anyway? And, well, here we are a decade later and still ringless. Give me just one championship, and I can take as many bad seasons as you can give me.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 10:12 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, that's also the first bridesmaid to get drunk at the recpetion hall and get plowed in the coat closet.  

[Image: 1367729515927119.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I went to my first Bengals game in 74 - Championship ! What's another 40 years of losing ?
Reply/Quote
I'll take the Super Bowl win. Then once we get that one, we can work on the second, but at least we will have one.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 02:20 AM)J24 Wrote: I'd rather win multiple superbowls and not be a bottom barrel team for the next ten years.

I'd rather win the Super Bowl every year for the next 3 decades, but that wasn't one of the choices.
Reply/Quote
I side with these guys:

Quote:I'll take the ring

Because I'm guessing, the alternative involves losing in the playoffs every year.

I'm a Caps fan. Getting close every year and getting gut punched every time SUCKS 10 times worse than just being terrible all the time.

Give me the title. That one year of magic is worth it

Quote:You always take the championship. Always.

Quote:I talk to Iggles fans about this all the time. None of them are satisfied with the past 15 years. Not one.

Quote:Why settle for being the best loser?

Makes no sense. Championship! Take it and go. Whether you're second or last makes no difference. Take the trophy!

Quote:I chose championship. With what we've been through the last 10 years, I want a championship.

Quote:I'd like to be a consistent winner, but I'd rather win one like Tampa and suck for a decade, than be a decade-long bridesmaid like the Eagles.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 06:50 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I think Zimmer will get a ring before we do. 

Well hey. I guess that was too obvious.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:16 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Well hey. I guess that was too obvious.

Did you really just bump a two year old thread to quote yourself???

SMH
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:25 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Did you really just bump a two year old thread to quote yourself???

SMH

Apparently.. And he hasn't even gotten a ring yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:25 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Did you really just bump a two year old thread to quote yourself???

SMH

I couldn't copy a time-stamped quote over to a recent thread.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Being that my life remains roughly the same whether they win multiple superbowls or become the bottom feeders forever it matters not..
I'd like them to win, sure, but if they stink up the place till the end of time it's not going to change my life in any dramatic fashion.  Let's see, do I get paid more/less depending on the Bengals?  Nope. Do I get laid more often? Nope. Do my shoes wear out faster or slower? Nope. 
Will Mike Brown still be a schmuck? Yup.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote