Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE Anthony Zettel signed
Injuries in what was supposed to be our deepest position group have led to the signing of DE Anthony Zettel

RB Samaje Perine waived

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
More of an all around End than Orchard. Sounds like a decent depth signing.
Reply/Quote
Perine's 5 snaps on offense this year were memorable.
Reply/Quote
Just when you thought the Bengals were done Zettle-ing for junk store players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Just when you thought the Bengals were done Zettle-ing for junk store players.

Scrap heap guy for sure, but Still, he's 7 sacks ahead of the list than the last Penn St. defensive lineman we had, and we spent a 2nd round pick on that one..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 06:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Scrap heap guy for sure, but Still, he's 7 sacks ahead of the list than the last Penn St. defensive lineman we had, and we spent a 2nd round pick on that one..

Here we are,signing another guy that no one wants and he will probably never see the field.Where is all the super studs that want to come here,are they lining up somewhere,oh I  know they are at Walgreens getting more meds.I hope for our head coachs sake he wins this sunday as I really like the guy and I think with the right players, he will be successful,but with the team we have,it needs a ton of new top draft picks and to be super active in free agency.You have to spend the money if you want to win.I do believe Tom Brady and company are going to win another super bowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Perine's 5 snaps on offense this year were memorable.

I never understood their fascination with carrying 4 RBs.

You have a starter, and a change of pace/backup guy. Then the #3 RB is a ST guy (Peerman type). The hell does a 4th RB do for your team? About as useless as a defense-first 3rd Catcher on an MLB roster.

If you are going to carry 4 RB, might as well make the 4th one a (TRUE) FB instead. You'll get more use out of them and 3rd & 1s/4th & 1s should be a cinch then... unless you decide on some brilliance like your QB do a shotgun snap delayed run on 4th and 1.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 06:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I never understood their fascination with carrying 4 RBs.

You have a starter, and a change of pace/backup guy. Then the #3 RB is a ST guy (Peerman type). The hell does a 4th RB do for your team? About as useless as a defense-first 3rd Catcher on an MLB roster.

If you are going to carry 4 RB, might as well make the 4th one a (TRUE) FB instead. You'll get more use out of them and 3rd & 1s/4th & 1s should be a cinch then... unless you decide on some brilliance like your QB do a shotgun snap delayed run on 4th and 1.

Most teams carry a 4th RB for developmental reasons/ bell cow type back to get in case starter goes down with injury. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 06:54 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Here we are,signing another guy that no one wants and he will probably never see the field.Where is all the super studs that want to come here?

They're already signed to other teams.  In regard to Zettel, he's a scrappy guy that just got picked up by a shitty team.  It's the perfect storm for a guy like him to play his way back into being a meaningful football player.  He had 6.5 sacks in 2017.  Lawrence Gilberry used to have seasons like that, in a DT/DE role with the Bengals.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 07:14 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Most teams carry a 4th RB for developmental reasons/ bell cow type back to get in case starter goes down with injury. 

I don't buy that a 4th RB on a roster is notably better than any UDFA RB.

Just last year...
Phillip Lindsay went to the Pro Bowl with 1,037 rushing yards (5.4 YPC)/9 TD.
Gus Edwards had 718 rushing yards (5.2 YPC)/2 TD
Josh Adams had 511 rushing yards (4.3 YPC)/3 TD

ALL THREE were Rookie UDFA.

You can literally pick guys off the street every year more talented than the Bengals often carry as their 4th RB over the years. 
(2019) Samaje Perine
(2018) Mark Walton
(2017) Jarveon Williams
(2016) Tra Carson.

How is it development if they are changing every year? It's just a waste of a roster space.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't buy that a 4th RB on a roster is notably better than any UDFA RB.

Just last year...
Phillip Lindsay went to the Pro Bowl with 1,037 rushing yards (5.4 YPC)/9 TD.
Gus Edwards had 718 rushing yards (5.2 YPC)/2 TD
Josh Adams had 511 rushing yards (4.3 YPC)/3 TD

ALL THREE were Rookie UDFA.

You can literally pick guys off the street every year more talented than the Bengals often carry as their 4th RB over the years. 
(2019) Samaje Perine
(2018) Mark Walton
(2017) Jarveon Williams
(2016) Tra Carson.

How is it development if they are changing every year? It's just a waste of a roster space.
Week 6 of the NFL
Player A: 8 rushes for 10 yards (1.3 YPC), 2 catches for 29 yards
Player B: 6 rushes for 32 yards (5.3 YPC) 5 catches for 43 yards

Player A: Joe Mixon
Player B; Mark Walton
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Week 6 of the NFL
Player A: 8 rushes for 10 yards (1.3 YPC), 2 catches for 29 yards
Player B: 6 rushes for 32 yards (5.3 YPC) 5 catches for 43 yards

Player A: Joe Mixon
Player B; Mark Walton

So, are you saying that the Dolphins have a much better OL than the Bengals?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 08:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are you saying that the Dolphins have a much better OL than the Bengals?

I think Mark Walton has more talent than people think too. Dude was the Miami Hurricane's offense some years.

Here? I don't think he understood NFL blocking and what to do...and he was a total knucklehead off the field.
Reply/Quote
who are these guys???
Reply/Quote
Has Zettel demanded a trade yet?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 11:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Has Zettel demanded a trade yet?

He tweaked his knee getting off the plane.

Conservative prognosis is 6-18 months rehab. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 01:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He tweaked his knee getting off the plane.

Conservative prognosis is 6-18 months rehab. 

He crawled to the pen to sign the contract though, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 10:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He crawled to the pen to sign the contract though, right?

You're darn right he did. Gotta get that 'three hots and a cot'. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Looks like Dunlap and Lawson out this week. This signing makes even more sense now.
Reply/Quote
Has he announced that he expects to be injured before the game yet and that the Bengals were always his dream destination? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote