Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE Anthony Zettel signed
Zettel had 6.5 sacks his rookie year in Detroit might be a surprise player for the team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 01:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Looks like Dunlap and Lawson out this week. This signing makes even more sense now.

Has any player ever teased with so much potential as a rookie only to constantly disappoint like Lawson?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Has any player ever teased with so much potential as a rookie only to constantly disappoint like Lawson?

Well the red flags were there with two serious injuries in college. So, all he’s done is proven the doubters right, so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:29 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well the red flags were there with two serious injuries in college. So, all he’s done is proven the doubters right, so far.

He was a 4th round pick.  He still has more sacks than any player taken after him in that draft.

Based on his draft status  it seems he has proven the doubters wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 05:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was a 4th round pick.  He still has more sacks than any player taken after him in that draft.

Based on his draft status  it seems he has proven the doubters wrong.

No, the doubters never said he wouldn’t be an effective pass rusher when healthy. The doubters said he wouldn’t be able to stay healthy and that has been the truth, so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 05:12 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No, the doubters never said he wouldn’t be an effective pass rusher when healthy. The doubters said he wouldn’t be able to stay healthy and that has been the truth, so far.

There were no doubters before he got injured.  I am pretty sure everyone here liked that pick liked that pick.

But, again thanks to 20/20 hindsight, some people are starting to complain about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Has any player ever teased with so much potential as a rookie only to constantly disappoint like Lawson?

What has he done to disappoint outside of injuries?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There were no doubters before he got injured.  I am pretty sure everyone here liked that pick liked that pick.

But, again thanks to 20/20 hindsight, some people are starting to complain about it.

I meant doubters in the general NFL fan/punditry world, not Bengals fans only. I loved the value of the pick, but did doubt he could stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Has any player ever teased with so much potential as a rookie only to constantly disappoint like Lawson?

I thought Lawson looked like a man among boys during the training camp.  I guess I need to get my eyes checked.   Nervous
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 07:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Lawson looked like a man among boys during the training camp.  I guess I need to get my eyes checked.   Nervous

Our guys peak in training camp.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:20 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Zettel had 6.5 sacks his rookie year in Detroit might be a surprise player for the team.

Actually, that was his second season with the Lions.  He was a rookie in 2016.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 11:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, that was his second season with the Lions.  He was a rookie in 2016.

Somebody has to make tackles and catch passes here. We'll have atleast some guys put up decent stats. Not that that means much, but lets hope guys like Tate and Zettel make the most of their opportunities.
Reply/Quote
RIP. Sliced from this elite roster today.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Odell Thurman?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:04 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: RIP. Sliced from this elite roster today.

I heard on the radio he had the highest PFF score on the defense vs the Jags.

I dont put a whole lot of stock into PFF, but still a bit funny he got cut.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Cut on Monday and back on Wed. WR Damian Willis cut.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 02:32 PM)pally Wrote: Cut on Monday and back on Wed.  WR Damian Willis cut.

Damion Willis really is Armon Binns after all, eh?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
HENCEFORTH WE SHALL CALL HIM LAZARUS
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 02:32 PM)pally Wrote: Cut on Monday and back on Wed.  WR Damian Willis cut.

Does this mean AJ's back....
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 06:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What has he done to disappoint outside of injuries?

After having 8.5 sacks his rookie year, most would expect he'd build on that.
Instead, he's had only 2.0 sacks total the past two years over 11 games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote