Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE Bryce Sterk claimed from waivers
Rookie Bryce Sterk was claimed off of waivers. A UDFA he was signed to the Dolphins roster in April and cut on Wed. Sterk, 6-5, 261, is out of Montana State. Last season he recorded 65 tackles, including 20 for losses and 15 sacks. The Dolphins were planning on moving him to TE. Without OTAs and the lack of on-field practice he struggled there.

He is on a roster exemption until he clears COVID protocol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSZyvWCyVc

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
For those who would prefer a read vs a video - https://www.profootballnetwork.com/defensive-end-bryce-sterk-sleeper-2020-nfl-draft/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I find it interesting the guy has decent production and put up strong numbers, albeit at a small school, yet no team took a chance on him. The team that did tried to move him to TE?

Strange story for this guy, curious to see if he becomes anything anywhere during his career.
Reply/Quote
Those are some great numbers, interesting player.
Reply/Quote
Who knows ? Perhaps he'll tear it up ?
Reply/Quote
So who will come off the roster to make room for him once he clears protocol?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 06:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So who will come off the roster to make room for him once he clears protocol?

There are a few DL that I think have little to no chance to make the roster:
- Trey Dishon
- Freedom Akinmoladun
- Kendall Futrell

I'd assume one of the above. Probably one of the DTs now that Daniels has signed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 06:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are a few DL that I think have little to no chance to make the roster:
- Trey Dishon
- Freedom Akinmoladun
- Kendall Futrell

I'd assume one of the above. Probably one of the DTs now that Daniels has signed.

What if, just like the Dolphins, the Bengals see him as a TE/HB type of player. ala Ryan Hewitt?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 06:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are a few DL that I think have little to no chance to make the roster:
- Trey Dishon
- Freedom Akinmoladun
- Kendall Futrell

Disagree about Futrell; he had 11 sacks last season at ECU last year and is really the only speed rusher the Bengals have except for Lawson.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 08:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Disagree about Futrell; he had 11 sacks last season at ECU last year and is really the only speed rusher the Bengals have except for Lawson.

I was impressed by Futrell's tape.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 08:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Disagree about Futrell; he had 11 sacks last season at ECU last year and is really the only speed rusher the Bengals have except for Lawson.

I get that, but the following DL are likely ahead of him:

- Atkins
- Reader
- Dunlap
- Hubbard
- Lawson
- Kareem
- Daniels
- Wren

I'd expect Brown, Futrell, and Sterk are all competing for the final 1-2 DL spots.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What if, just like the Dolphins, the Bengals see him as a TE/HB type of player. ala Ryan Hewitt?

They might.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 08:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They might.

I mean, he fit's that mould perfectly.  He's got below desired speed, but he's got intelligence, reflex, fluid hips, power off the first step, not to mention physicality for days.  Why wouldn't you want to work this guy slowly into the lineup?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 08:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I mean, he fit's that mould perfectly.  He's got below desired speed, but he's got intelligence, reflex, fluid hips, power off the first step.  Why wouldn't you want to work this guy slowly into the lineup?

Maybe PS candidate. Seems too raw to put on the 53 if changing positions like that, no?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 08:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe PS candidate. Seems too raw to put on the 53 if changing positions like that, no?

Yes, the type of guy that you want to "hide" while you develop his role.  Who know's, maybe he makes it as a STer.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Big Sky know theres a DIV 1 conference you dont hear from.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 08:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I get that, but the following DL are likely ahead of him:

- Atkins
- Reader
- Dunlap
- Hubbard
- Lawson
- Kareem
- Daniels
- Wren

I'd expect Brown, Futrell, and Sterk are all competing for the final 1-2 DL spots.

I have them going 10 DL like last season. 10 DL, 5 LB, 10 DBs. 
Futrell because of his size can fill the Edge, LB, and Special Teamer.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 10:14 PM)J24 Wrote: I have them going 10 DL like last season. 10 DL, 5 LB, 10 DBs. 

I am not arguing this but just dont know enough about Futrell. The bengals site has him listed at 222lbs. If that is true it seems rather light to handle the edge as our safetys are bigger than he is. Is he someone that may fit in that 3-4 outside lb pass rush role? 
Reply/Quote

ARGH!! 
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2...f=1&nofb=1]
DAMN, DO I MISS ECU
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2020, 10:14 PM)J24 Wrote: I have them going 10 DL like last season. 10 DL, 5 LB, 10 DBs. 

Maybe.

I expect 9 DL, 6 LB, 10 DB, especially given how bad the LBs were last year. You'd think you'd want more players at your weakest position group.

LBs:
Pratt
Bynes
Wilson
ADG
Calitro
Bailey

DBs:
Bates
Bell
Williams
Wilson
Phillips
Waynes
WJ3
Alexander
Rose
Sims

Maybe forego a CB in favor of an extra DL, but the LBs are too uncertain to go just 5 IMO. Bynes is the veteran, Pratt and Calitro have ~80 tackles each, and then 3 drafted rookies. I know the Bengals really like Bailey's potential if he can stay healthy.

EDIT - Futrell might make a good PS candidate while he bulks up to handle edge duties in NFL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote