Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE Deshawn Hall, Texas A&M
Here is his combine link:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/daeshon-hall?id=2557842

Since I believe Garrett, Thomas, and Barnett would all be gone at 9, I hope the Bengals can execute the following gameplan:

Slide a bit in Rd 1, gain an additional 2nd rounder. Select Ross or Davis with first pick.

Trade our original 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder to get back in to the very bottom of Round 1 and select Cam Robinson. That would give the Bengals an additional year before free agency on him. He would compete with Ced at LT (competition improves the breed) and if Ced wins the job, you slide Robinson to RG where he could start by backing up Smith (he could really back up every position but Center) and would eventually be the RG of the future where he has ALL-PRO written all over him.

We still have the second rounder we traded for and that is where I would select Hall. Some might call it a reach, but here is what I like about him.

He is a physical freak with speed to get around the edge. He played a lot at LDE, where he was asked to set the edge and watch for a lot of read-option. He did this very well, as he would never get too wide and allow a back to slide back inside. He was very disciplined in his responsibilities as a LDE. When he did get the chance to rush the passer, he offered a variety of moves, including an inside swim move at full speed. Garrett got all the attention playing the RDE side, but he was rarely asked to set the edge like Hall. He was constantly in pursuit of the QB which gave him opportunities for more sacks, etc.

Hall could play RDE for the Bengals. He is a little lean, but if you watch his tapes you will see against big RTs in the SEC, he was never pushed out of the way...virtually always held his ground. I know people might not want a guy drafted that high to be coming in at a change of position, but he did play some snaps at RDE.

He could be a really, really good player and the only supposed weaknesses I can read on him is inconsistency. I think some of that is because as you watch him, his assignment wasn't rushing the passer. He is a very team-first, high-motor guy that I like a great deal.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we do don't get a de at 9 then hall or Willis are s couple of my favorites for later. However, I believe there is enough smoke around mixon that I think we take him in 2. Unless he falls enough for us to package up again to get him I don't think your plan works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 11:03 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If we do don't get a de at 9 then hall or Willis are s couple of my favorites for later.  However, I believe there is enough smoke around mixon that I think we take him in 2.  Unless he falls enough for us to package up again to get him I don't think your plan works.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True.  Lots of variables, but I would like to think it could be a strategy to play and roll with.  I want nothing to do with Mixon.  Give me Kamara or Kareem Hunt.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 11:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: True.  Lots of variables, but I would like to think it could be a strategy to play and roll with.  I want nothing to do with Mixon.  Give me Kamara or Kareem Hunt.  

It is absolutely a strategy worth considering depending on their board.  I doubt Kamara gets out of the second also.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 07:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: It is absolutely a strategy worth considering depending on their board.  I doubt Kamara gets out of the second also.

It was kind of funny, as I was watching the Texas A&M game against Tennessee to scout Hall more and Kamara was really drawing attention.  

I would rather have him than Mixon.  I know Mixon may be a better talent, but the more I read about that incident, and the way no media has been able to ask him about it while he was there tells me there is still something to worry about him.

I think the Bengals need to be very careful after losing the likes of Peko, Whit, and Sexy...the culture of that locker room could be impacted tremendously by negative energy.  Another reason I want Jones gone.  Start fresh. 
Reply/Quote