Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennard Wanted 10 million
(03-20-2019, 07:01 PM)McC Wrote: How come Zach Brown is getting zero interest from anybody?  I don't have any idea but if he was our answer, he'd at least be visiting teams, wouldn't he?

And how do you know they are waiting on Dennard?  Has anybody reported that?  I haven't seen it anywhere.  As far as any of us know, they might have no interest in Dennard.

He can tackle but he keeps getting injured doing it.  His ball skills are practically non-existent.  Even when he's in position, he makes no plays on the ball.  Is that worth anywhere near 10 mil a year?

I read that Brown had an attitude problem towards the coaches late last season. The exact words were "had a falling out with the coaches late in the season". Might be a reason he is still unsigned anywhere. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 03:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I read that Brown had an attitude problem towards the coaches late last season. The exact words were "had a falling out with the coaches late in the season". Might be a reason he is still unsigned anywhere. 

I am sure Jay Gruden would let Mike Brown know that as well if asked.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Rappaport said it is a done deal now.I am actually really happy about this now as we got depth while waiting in Webb so if Dennard does need to play outside for Dre Webb can play slot at a solid level.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 03:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I read that Brown had an attitude problem towards the coaches late last season. The exact words were "had a falling out with the coaches late in the season". Might be a reason he is still unsigned anywhere. 
Makes sense.  I haven't heard boo about him even visiting anywhere.  Of course, a guy might have a problem with one coaching staff but be fine with another,
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Excellent. So long as we continue to play him to his strengths (slot, running downs), we should be good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 03:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Rappaport said it is a done deal now.I am actually really happy about this now as we got depth while waiting in Webb so if Dennard does need to play outside for Dre Webb can play slot at a solid level.

What do you think of Phillips?  Aside from the infamous Steeler pick play, I thought he showed something last year.  He looks to have some ball skills.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Definitely good for secondary depth. I could have gone either way on him, really. I never looked at a journeyman like Webb as a dude I'd be overly excited about being pressed into starting action in the event of an injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 03:24 PM)McC Wrote: What do you think of Phillips?  Aside from the infamous Steeler pick play, I thought he showed something last year.  He looks to have some ball skills.

I honestly didn't see much out of him to think he is more than a back of the roster depth guy. Now that can always change as big leaps happen between year 1 and 2, but I wasn't impressed. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 03:24 PM)McC Wrote: What do you think of Phillips?  Aside from the infamous Steeler pick play, I thought he showed something last year.  He looks to have some ball skills.

(03-21-2019, 03:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: I honestly didn't see much out of him to think he is more than a back of the roster depth guy. Now that can always change as big leaps happen between year 1 and 2, but I wasn't impressed. 

Don't forget also, he's our #2 for returns and he's not half bad, so even if we didn't play him at CB, its not a big deal.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Dennard resigned with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove...I like it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 02:07 PM)motoarch Wrote: He's not great but cb market is thin this year and relative to what's on the market he's in the top 5 at his position  Maybe higher.

Fair point. I don't hate Dennard, but don't get the love, either. He's been ok at best and I was fine with a trio of WJ3, Dre and Webb. Throw in a draft pick or 2, and I think we were all set. I don't mind having Dennard back at the right price, but felt we had much bigger needs to address.

(03-21-2019, 02:11 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Whoa. That is way worse than I thought. I wanted to keep JJoe at the time but boy did we blow that. 

Honestly, I was surprised when I looked it up. I figured JJo has been better and healthier, but it wasn't even close.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote