Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE- Vinny Curry to visit Monday
I think I would pass myself. I don't know much about the guy, but I think we have 4 DE's now and 3 of them need playing time. I don't see Curry as an upgrade to either of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think I would pass myself. I don't know much about the guy, but I think we have 4 DE's now and 3 of them need playing time. I don't see Curry as an upgrade to either of them.

You're right in that Curry isn't really an "upgrade" to anyone we have, when they're fully healthy.  However, in the unlikely event that someone like Lawson goes down again, his experience might come into use.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're right in that Curry isn't really an "upgrade" to anyone we have, when they're fully healthy.  However, in the unlikely event that someone like Lawson goes down again, his experience might come into use.

Have to agree with this, we were decimated last year and we need people of a good standard to step in if it happens again
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:57 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Have to agree with this, we were decimated last year and we need people of a good standard to step in if it happens again

I guess my secondary thought on Curry is that he is somewhat of a Michael Johnson type of player, and for likely much cheaper.  Can play either end, or even go down to DT on pass rush packages, if needed.  Seems like Michael Johnson's career with the Bengals is going to finally see a humane ending.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I was shocked when he got a bunch of money in free agency. He has been overpaid before. Hopefully we dont over pay again
Reply/Quote
He pulled a Michael Johnson and returned home......signed with the Eagles 1 year $2.25 million + $1.25 in incentives

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 12:33 PM)pally Wrote: He pulled a Michael Johnson and returned home......signed with the Eagles 1 year $2.25 million + $1.25 in incentives

That sucks, he could have been a good depth signing

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 12:33 PM)pally Wrote: He pulled a Michael Johnson and returned home......signed with the Eagles 1 year $2.25 million + $1.25 in incentives

Yeah, looks like he just wanted to go back home. I wonder if the Bengals were one of the teams offering more money?

Reply/Quote

Funny, he's probably overrated like MJ, too. One big sack season and a bunch of meh. 

At least the Eagles didn't overpay him like we did with MJ's return. We gave MJ a 4 year deal worth $20 million back in 2015, and I'd say they're similar players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He was 31 and didn't fit the up and coming (as opposed to past prime) free agent model they claim to be following.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Funny, he's probably overrated like MJ, too. One big sack season and a bunch of meh. 

At least the Eagles didn't overpay him like we did with MJ's return. We gave MJ a 4 year deal worth $20 million back in 2015, and I'd say they're similar players.

I like MJ, however really hope this year, that our young hungry guys can push him into retirement.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:15 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I like MJ, however really hope this year, that our young hungry guys can push him into retirement.

I like him...as a person. I don't think he earned that 4 year/$20 million contract, and I don't think he ever came close to living up to that time when everyone saw he and Dunlap as equals. I think history will see him as being closer to Robert Geathers than Big 'Los.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like him...as a person. I don't think he earned that 4 year/$20 million contract, and I don't think he ever came close to living up to that time when everyone saw he and Dunlap as equals. I think history will see him as being closer to Robert Geathers than Big 'Los.

solid hard worker  nothing too flashy...

Good character guy.

Any word on Curry now 3 days later or the other dude from the Patriots?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: solid hard worker  nothing too flashy...

Good character guy.

yeah...he went home...signed with the Eagles for 1 year $2.25 million with a potential additional $1.25 in incentives

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: solid hard worker  nothing too flashy...

Good character guy.

Sounds like everything is on hold until they come to a conclusion on Dennard.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like everything is on hold until they come to a conclusion on Dennard.

I thought they basically moved on already? He wanted 10 million and they signed Webb? Is there still a chance he comes back?
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Signed for cheap. Lots of good free agents left out there. The Bengals could be getting some good free agents for cheap.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 02:12 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I thought they basically moved on already? He wanted 10 million and they signed Webb? Is there still a chance he comes back?

Exactly.

Btw, I just realized half your Rushmore is gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 01:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: He was 31 and didn't fit the up and coming (as opposed to past prime) free agent model they claim to be following.

The FA model has shifted from "used to be good but past their prime" to "young but mediocre."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This makes EastCoastBengal happy. Keep signing OLineman.
Reply/Quote