Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE in first round.
(03-22-2018, 01:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would too but you and I know how these extensions work...they'll get addressed sometime after the draft and before the regular season starts.

True.

(03-22-2018, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Another caveat of Hunt doing better statistically than Willis (although he really didn't)...
Hunt played 576 snaps.
Willis played only 360 snaps. Over 200 less.

Their difference in production?
Hunt = 19 tackles, 1.0 sack, 2 PDs, 1 blocked kick
Willis = 25 tackles, 1.0 sack

Will Clarke also...
Clarke had 313 snaps (fewer than both Hunt and Willis)
15 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 FR, 1 PD

Overall though, it's a rookie vs players who were in their 4th (Clarke) and 5th (Hunt) years.
Jordan Willis still has more upside than both of the other guys for that reason.

Great post Ocho, thanks for this. Thought so, as you said those guys were in their 4th and 5th years and it is pretty much a wash.

Way more upside with Willis and like i said he was not near as good as i expected him to be as a rookie. He will improve i am sure
of it and be that MJ replacement we will be needing. He was good at both rushing the passer and stopping the run in college.

Unlike Lawson who is purely a pass rusher at this point, all be it a damn good one. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 02:03 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: We could get the #1 punter at 21 for sure.

If the #1 Punter could consistently kick it 80 net yards before it hits the ground with a 10 second Hang Time, then I would trade up for him in round one.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
once we release or his contract expires (MJ) we should be able to sign Dunlap
Reply/Quote
I would be fine with a 1st round DE if a strong prospect is there. However, Dunlap, MJ, Willis, etc weren't 1st round selections. It depends on the value of the player available there.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 10:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's too soon to crown Willis.

He hasn't had the snaps, so I would agree. I just think its absurd to use Margus Hunt as a measuring stick when he couldn't do in four years on this team what Willis did in his first.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some people claim that I will never admit when I am wrong.  Well those people just don't understand how the NFL works.

I will admit that it was not fair to compare Willis production in his rookie season to Hunt's fifth and Clarke's fourth.  But do you really want to be measuring your starting DE against guys like Hunt and Clarke?
Reply/Quote
IMHO we have to take a C and LT in the first 2 rounds, if not we are screwed again this season
Hopefully Marv will have a bigger say in the draft as now I think most of it is down to Tobin and Brown.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 02:03 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: We could get the #1 punter at 21 for sure.

I think you're confused with the Bucs? Ninja
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 01:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some people claim that I will never admit when I am wrong.  Well those people just don't understand how the NFL works.

I will admit that it was not fair to compare Willis production in his rookie season to Hunt's fifth and Clarke's fourth.  But do you really want to be measuring your starting DE against guys like Hunt and Clarke?

Don't worry, soon enough there will be no comparison. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 01:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some people claim that I will never admit when I am wrong.  Well those people just don't understand how the NFL works.

No, which is why it's damn baffling you did it.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 01:47 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: IMHO we have to take a C and LT in the first 2 rounds, if not we are screwed again this season
Hopefully Marv will have a bigger say in the draft as now I think most of it is down to Tobin and Brown.

Does someone want to tell JWW about the the Cordy Glenn trade? Bengals got a massive upgrade at LT.
Now if you wanna say RT, I can understand that Wink
Or did you mean LB?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

This is perhaps the worse "admitting I was wrong" in the history of the internet.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 04:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Does someone want to tell JWW about the the Cordy Glenn trade? Bengals got a massive upgrade at LT.
Now if you wanna say RT, I can understand that Wink
Or did you mean LB?

LOL sorry mate I did actually mean to type C & RT
I think Glen will be a great signing for us
Reply/Quote
Not that I particularly believe anything Hobson says, but he's seemingly counting on what's left of the Oline to pass on top talent offensive linemen. I hope the FO isn't whispering in his ear telling them what they're going to do even if he's almost always wrong .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Your all wrong we take corner first round and make him play safety
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 04:24 PM)Benton Wrote: No, which is why it's damn baffling you did it.

(03-23-2018, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is perhaps the worse "admitting I was wrong" in the history of the internet.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 03:22 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Your all wrong we take corner first round and make him play safety

I'm just gonna let that speak for itself. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Davenport would be a guy who may fall if there's a run on DEs. He's a DE I would be excited for the Bengals to grab in the 1st. After him, I'm not sure anyone would be worth that high of a pick at 21.

If I had to choose between, Davenport + the 3rd ranked Center or Daniel's/Price + the 5th or 6th DE or something I would take the former. I think the 3 best centers are all ranked very close. I actually think that in the AFCN, the bigger Price or Ragnow would be a better fit and one should be there in the 2nd or perhaps 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2018, 10:32 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Davenport would be a guy who may fall if there's a run on DEs. He's a DE I would be excited for the Bengals to grab in the 1st. After him, I'm not sure anyone would be worth that high of a pick at 21.

If I had to choose between, Davenport + the 3rd ranked Center or Daniel's/Price + the 5th or 6th DE or something I would take the former. I think the 3 best centers are all ranked very close. I actually think that in the AFCN, the bigger Price or Ragnow would be a better fit and one should be there in the 2nd or perhaps 3rd.

Completely agree with you, Davenport/Ragnow would be more than fine with me.

Bad year for Ends but Davenport is actually a good one.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap due to be a free agent after this season.

MJ on the decline.

DE is a "first round" position.

Except we have a season to play THIS season and not enough players.  Bengals said they WILL address losing Bodine early in the draft.  Bengals.com says as early as Round 1.  Their is also talk of going for much needed linebacker in 1 and then center in 2.   Could be center in 1 and linebacker in 2.   We could also use a safety in first 3 rounds. 

I suggest to Bengals to re-sign Dunlap and not let him go free agent.  Draft the players we need and re-sign Dunlap.  Bengals should not use this as an excuse to scrap 2018 season and build for years ahead. They have a team that can win in play-offs now. If they don't, then they are wasting their money on the new Left Tackle, New Linebacker, re-signing Eifert, AJ Green, Dalton, Atkins is all wasted money if they aren't looking at THIS year going to play-offs.  Dunlap contract is no excuse not to get much needed center, linebacker, safety.  Just re-sign Dunlap, he's worth re-signing more than Eifert was. Just re-sign him. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote