Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DEFENSE has no leader and thats
LB's are the QBs of the Defense, with that said, I am looking forward to ONE thing vs the Squeels game:

PRATT VS BUSH

It's gonna be hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
True. I agree. The Offense has no leader either. Some say the qb who bungles hand offs deep in his own territory on the second play of a home game is the leader. They are nuts.Nick Vigil ain't no Jim LeClair.
Reply/Quote
It all comes down to doing their jobs better. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:46 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Preston Brown is SLOW AND does not help much,and Gio Benard is not the answer for a rb,please play the big dude they just brought in that played at Oklahoma,He is a stud,but yet just like old marvin lewis,ZT runs little Gio out there and he cannot get a first down behind this horrible line that is just as bad as last year.I still say we are cursed.How can you look at it any other way ??? :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

What exactly has he done that makes him so studly?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They run the same defense as the 49ers (4-3 under -3-4 under) but we don't value LB. the 49ers do, the Seahawks do, the Cowboys do, the Bears do. All these defenses value speed at that position except for the Bengals. Why is that? Seriously wonder if the front office asked Lou what his plan for Defense was?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They run the same defense as the 49ers (4-3 under -3-4 under) but we don't value LB. the 49ers do, the Seahawks do, the Cowboys do, the Bears do. All these defenses value speed at that position except for the Bengals. Why is that? Seriously wonder if the front office asked Lou what his plan for Defense was?

We signed too many ex-Dolphins and Giants for the DC and HC to not have been consulted on moves.

Looking at the draft, after the 1st Round...it was pretty weak for LB's.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We signed too many ex-Dolphins and Giants for the DC and HC to not have been consulted on moves.

Looking at the draft, after the 1st Round...it was pretty weak for LB's.

Blake Cashman,  Ulyesess Gilbert , and Ben Kur kirven are just a couple that stood out in the draft process. The biggest problem is they don't value the position at all. Just like guard on offense. 

As for the Bengals signing Dolphins and Giant's I have no problem with that Coaches tend to sign guys they are familiar with. To me the puzzling thing was we hardly signed any of them? 

I think it's clear that it's dukes team and he clearly has an destructive ego. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 09:43 AM)corpjet Wrote: DEFENSE has no leader and thatsour true problem.

No heart and soul guy, leading the defense, no one to get into a players face, no one busting his tail every down with unmatched energy.

Until we get a true leader on defense we will see more of the sloppiness and don't care attitude that was on full display Sunday!

The most talented guy out there playing 100% effort in 100% of the plays is Hubbard.  It's only his second season but I would be all for seeing him become more vocal.  That guy took the offseason seriously.  And if the rest of the team played with his passion, we wouldn't be 0-2.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:38 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Blake Cashman,  Ulyesess Gilbert , and Ben Kur kirven are just a couple that stood out in the draft process. The biggest problem is they don't value the position at all. Just like guard on offense. 

As for the Bengals signing Dolphins and Giant's I have no problem with that Coaches tend to sign guys they are familiar with. To me the puzzling thing was we hardly signed any of them? 

I think it's clear that it's dukes team and he clearly has an destructive ego. 

I doubt they'd be playing any of those guys over Brown or Vigil. Not saying those guys aren't good though.

As much as people criticized Marvin, coaches like playing veterans over non-1st Round picks year 1.

Why not try Pratt more?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt they'd be playing any of those guys over Brown or Vigil. Not saying those guys aren't good though.

As much as people criticized Marvin, coaches like playing veterans over non-1st Round picks year 1.

Why not try Pratt more?

I'm afraid it has to do with $ $ and nothing elese. Hopefully they will cut Brown in the off-season but as we know that's not how the Bengals do business.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The most talented guy out there playing 100% effort in 100% of the plays is Hubbard.  It's only his second season but I would be all for seeing him become more vocal.  That guy took the offseason seriously.  And if the rest of the team played with his passion, we wouldn't be 0-2.

Yes - I absolutely love his motor.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I'm afraid it has to do with $ $ and nothing elese. Hopefully they will cut Brown in the off-season but as we know that's not how the Bengals do business.

I think some of it is mis-evaluation of what we need. The NFL has changed, but we still get slow, plodding LB's to stop Bettis.

Maybe it wasn't Lewis? Maybe it was Tobin, Mike Brown, etc?
Reply/Quote
Tackling like two hand touch doesn't help.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think some of it is mis-evaluation of what we need. The NFL has changed, but we still get slow, plodding LB's to stop Bettis.

Maybe it wasn't Lewis? Maybe it was Tobin, Mike Brown, etc?

I'm Lewis guy and I think( I don't have any facts or inside knowledge to back this up so take it for what's it worth) the real problem at the end of his tenure here was the front office and him grew apart. Especially him and Duke. The loss of Whit pissed Marvin off so much that he told Collinsworth that he wanted to retire then and there.
Mike only surrounds himself with yes men and Duke seems to be another puppet of his.
J24

Reply/Quote
The defense just simply needs to be coached up,,,and,,,quit getting out-schemed.I see too many good players on this defense for it to be this bad.We’ve seen this type of thing happen before with some top defenses,where it just doesn’t work,but then they learn the hard way and get better.We shall see.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The most talented guy out there playing 100% effort in 100% of the plays is Hubbard.  It's only his second season but I would be all for seeing him become more vocal.  That guy took the offseason seriously.  And if the rest of the team played with his passion, we wouldn't be 0-2.

Normally I would agree but I even saw Sam take a few plays off. I'm afraid he's already becoming bunglized.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:01 PM)John Shaft Wrote: True. I agree. The Offense has no leader either. Some say the qb who bungles hand offs deep in his own territory on the second play of a home game is the leader. They are nuts.Nick Vigil ain't no Jim LeClair.

Vigil aint no Le Clair, Bo Harris, Reggie Williams or likely most LBs we have had up to this point. 
He is a practice squad guy on most rosters.  Its very puzzling to me how this team has drafted the last several yrs.
I think Tobin needs to be shown the door..a fresh and updated approach is needed.  Still waiting to say to myself, Hey ! that Drew Sample pick was worth skipping on all those other guys who could have helped immediately! 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 04:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I'm Lewis guy and I think( I don't have any facts or inside knowledge to back this up so take it for what's it worth) the real problem at the end of his tenure here was the front office and him grew apart. Especially him and Duke. The loss of Whit pissed Marvin off so much that he told Collinsworth that he wanted to retire then and there.
Mike only surrounds himself with yes men and Duke seems to be another puppet of his.

You may be right. Don't forget how botched the Whitworth thing was. They were walking around the combine and telling other teams that it was a lock Whitworth was coming back. Then, the Rams swooped in.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You may be right. Don't forget how botched the Whitworth thing was. They were walking around the combine and telling other teams that it was a lock Whitworth was coming back. Then, the Rams swooped in.

The Rams were horrible when they took Whitworth...  and before you know it, they just came back from a Super Bowl. (Eventhough it was the saints to be in it)but still, noteworthy.  This team takes forever to go from bad to good  decent.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You may be right. Don't forget how botched the Whitworth thing was. They were walking around the combine and telling other teams that it was a lock Whitworth was coming back. Then, the Rams swooped in.

Especially when they could have just franchises him; what really pisses me off to this day was what they did with Zeitler. 
Remember Hobson quote " They let there Guards Graduate" wtf is that about?
J24

Reply/Quote