Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DEI or MEI to hire workforce
(06-16-2024, 06:25 PM)pally Wrote: He was the one who assumed that more qualified candidates were overlooked.

He's not assuming it, DEI demands it.  The basic tenants of DEI by their very nature will ensure that more qualified candidates are passed over.

Quote:  How many minority-qualified  candidates have never been considered because they weren't white males?  Do you honestly believe there have only been 5 qualified women, 4 qualified African Americans, and no qualified Asians? Are the only qualified conservative judges Ivy League, Catholic members of the Federalist Society?

This is another silly argument.  You're talking about hand picked judges, of which only nine exist.  They are selected more to adhere to the ideological thinking of those they are appointed by than any other consideration.  Aside form Biden's pick, which he, again, declared would be a black woman, this ideological adherence was the determining factor.  Also, using SCOTUS to justify DEI is a horribly flawed analogy.

Quote:I am sick and tired of being blamed for a conservative way of thinking.

You're not.  You're being blamed for your own way of thinking.  No one is putting words in your mouth.

Quote:  They alone are responsible for thinking that minorities are less qualified than the all-powerful straight white male. 

Again with the White male line.  A person reading this could very easily come to the conclusion that you have some prejudice against straight White men.  You do know that gentleman in the OP is an Asian man?  In fact, if we use college admissions as an example then Asians are more negatively impacted by DEI requirements than Whites.

Quote:Why can't they take responsibility for their own political beliefs?    Why does it seem like their beliefs are reactionary not primary?

The only person in this thread not taking responsibility for their beliefs is you.  To me the ethnicity of the person negatively impacted by DEI requirements is irrelevant, I abhor decisions based on immutable characteristics in the professional setting.  You, apparently, do not and have some fervent belief that its only "straight White men" who are impacted by it.  Maybe that's why you don't care?

Quote:Polling indicated that Republicans and conservatives were less enthusiastic about voting than Democrats in 2020  It worked so now they are upping their game with DEI.  
 We've seen this gameplan before.  It is just another way for MAGA powers that be to use to convince their followers that they are the victims in this society 

Boring.  If you can't defend your position on its merits then please don't waste our time on this weak attempt at gaslighting.

Reply/Quote
Since this is a Bengals political forum, I ask my fellow NFL fans to answer this simple question.

Do you want your favorite team to use DEI or MEI to finalize their final rosters each year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 07:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Since this is a Bengals political forum, I ask my fellow NFL fans to answer this simple question.

Do you want your favorite team to use DEI or MEI to finalize their final rosters each year?

Which team would you bet your future on?
Reply/Quote