Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Fluker released today
Our bengals should bring him in immediately
Reply/Quote
Having another established veteran offensive lineman in training camp couldn’t hurt. Does D.J. Fluker still have any gas left in the tank?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 09:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Having another established veteran offensive lineman in training camp couldn’t hurt.  Does D.J. Fluker still have any gas left in the tank?

Did Andre Smith?
Reply/Quote
Bengals History Lesson...

DJ Fluker just turned 29... Picture it: Cincinnati 2005 Bobbie Williams showed up when he was 28 and held down RG for 8 years until he was 35. He could be our Bobbie Williams 2.0

Too far with the Golden Girls reference?

I would love to bring him in. Puts Redmond and Price to shame immediately...
Reply/Quote
I am all for it.
Reply/Quote
Something happened to this guy. He was pretty good his first 3-4 years in the league, but he hasn't been good the last 3 years. He gave up 6 sacks last year with one of the most mobile QB's in the league. Not sure what he would want salary wise, but he would probably be a better backup guard than Price or Redman. I don't think he would challenge for a starting spot based on how he's played the last 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 11:46 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Something happened to this guy. He was pretty good his first 3-4 years in the league, but he hasn't been good the last 3 years. He gave up 6 sacks last year with one of the most mobile QB's in the league. Not sure what he would want salary wise, but he would probably be a better backup guard than Price or Redman. I don't think he would challenge for a starting spot based on how he's played the last 3 years.

And still had a better grade last year than the following current Bengals OL:
- Bobby Hart
- Michael Jordan
- Billy Price
- Xavier Su'a-Filo
- Alex Redmond
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It costs us money to get rid of Price, and we do not have another C, so I think we ride this year out and hope he improves.

Redmond could esily get supplanted.

Jordan & Hart improved as the year went along and we switched schemes.

But I think there will be more cuts coming. Plus there are other guys out there (Peters, Jackson, Thuney). Be it trade or FA.

I think/hope we would want to prioritize getting AJ, Mixon, and Dalton sorted first.
Reply/Quote
I'll pass. The Seahawks are always a need OL team and they're cutting him loose for a few million. He was graded the same as John Miller last year and we just cut Miller earlier this year. I think that our O-Line is what it is unless something major happens.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Fluker was nothing special in Seattle. I believe he gave up more sacks and penalties than Miller. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He's a Raven
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 02:06 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It costs us money to get rid of Price, and we do not have another C, so I think we ride this year out and hope he improves.

Redmond could esily get supplanted.

Jordan & Hart improved as the year went along and we switched schemes.

But I think there will be more cuts coming. Plus there are other guys out there (Peters, Jackson, Thuney). Be it trade or FA.

I think/hope we would want to prioritize getting AJ, Mixon, and Dalton sorted first.

Michael Jordan played C at Ohio St. He could be the backup C. The only reason to keep Price is due to the dead cap.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 08:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Michael Jordan played C at Ohio St. He could be the backup C. The only reason to keep Price is due to the dead cap.

Wouldn't it really be something, if Billy Price came to camp injury free, and just started kicking ass all year long?  I mean, it's highly unlikely at this point.  But, as long as we're forced to live with the salary, it's good to still hope anyway.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 09:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wouldn't it really be something, if Billy Price came to camp injury free, and just started kicking ass all year long?  I mean, it's highly unlikely at this point.  But, as long as we're forced to live with the salary, it's good to still hope anyway.

Sure hope so, been wondering why we cut Miller. Hope this is the case and Price finally can stay healthy and becomes a stud.
Reply/Quote