Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Fluker
To me he would be a good idea for us to look at. He has G/T versatility and with questions on if guys in both positions can actually play it would be nice to have someone who could cover multiple positions. He shouldn't be a super high demand guy and can play well enough to fill any of the holes we will have.
Reply/Quote
I think he would be nice and fits the only sign cut players, but I think he might be too expensive and he has some injury concerns.
Reply/Quote
Depends on cost, but I like it if it happens. Versatility for RG or RT, big and long prospect. Almost 37" arm length. He's also only 25 years old and will turn 26 in a few days. Not a stopgap by any means.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends on cost, but I like it if it happens. Versatility for RG or RT, big and long prospect. Almost 37" arm length. He's also only 25 years old and will turn 26 in a few days. Not a stopgap by any means.

Right, could likely be signed for a long term deal similar to what we paid Boling, or just a little more?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, could likely be signed for a long term deal similar to what we paid Boling, or just a little more?

$5-6 mill a year? That might work, might need to go $7 mill a year though. Clearly, the Chargers felt his upcoming cap hit of almost $9 mill was going to be too high, so I doubt he signs the same elsewhere.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: $5-6 mill a year? That might work, might need to go $7 mill a year though. Clearly, the Chargers felt his upcoming cap hit of almost $9 mill was going to be too high, so I doubt he signs the same elsewhere.

Yes, I saw that the Chargers also cut a couple of other players, looks like they are clearing cap space for a specific purpose.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
An SEC offensive lineman with NFL experience? Yes please!
Reply/Quote
Josina Anderson Wrote:The Cardinals, Colts, Falcons, Giants, Lions, Saints, Seahawks and Vikings are in the market for D.J. Fluker.

The Bengals not in the list. I haven't seen any rumor about them interested in anyone outside of Andrew Whitworth. If they really do just put all their eggs in the "I hope Whitworth comes back" basket, it's going to leave the cupboard pretty bare by the time they get around to looking at other FAs.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals not in the list. I haven't seen any rumor about them interested in anyone outside of Andrew Whitworth. If they really do just put all their eggs in the "I hope Whitworth comes back" basket, it's going to leave the cupboard pretty bare by the time they get around to looking at other FAs.

Look on the bright side, they'll have TONS of rollover cap for next year!  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 04:22 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Look on the bright side, they'll have TONS of rollover cap for next year!  Sarcasm

Nah. They'll use all the remaining cap to extend Eifert, Burfict, Huber, Will Clarke, and everyone's favorite center, Russell Bodine.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals not in the list. I haven't seen any rumor about them interested in anyone outside of Andrew Whitworth. If they really do just put all their eggs in the "I hope Whitworth comes back" basket, it's going to leave the cupboard pretty bare by the time they get around to looking at other FAs.

Yep.  Then we'll hear Hobson and his not-quite-as-company-man buddy Jim O will talk about how they worked super hard to sign Whit and really it was just dumb luck that he decided to go elsewhere.  We'll hear how we're just like the Patriots when they unloaded Mankins or the Steelers when they let Beachum walk (you know, minus all the titles and stuff).  Then will come more Ced O promoting puff pieces about feet and Paul Alexander's rave reviews of both him and Bodine.  
Reply/Quote
Since coming into the league, Fluker averages 5 sacks given up a season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 05:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Since coming into the league, Fluker averages 5 sacks given up a season.

I think you have to be careful here, the last few seasons no line in the NFL has started more combinations than the Chargers. They have had the worst luck with injuries on O line I have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 05:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think you have to be careful here, the last few seasons no line in the NFL has started more combinations than the Chargers. They have had the worst luck with injuries on O line I have ever seen.

I understand that, but Fluker has still been a disappointment. He didn't play that well at RT, so they kicked him inside. He still gives up a lot of pressures and sacks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 05:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I understand that, but Fluker has still been a disappointment. He didn't play that well at RT, so they kicked him inside. He still gives up a lot of pressures and sacks.

Have to agree.  He isn't a T unless you need one in an emergency, and he's not that good at G, either.  I'd be ok with a one year prove it deal to fight for a roster spot, but I wouldn't give him significant money or pencil him in as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 05:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I understand that, but Fluker has still been a disappointment. He didn't play that well at RT, so they kicked him inside. He still gives up a lot of pressures and sacks.

At the end of the day, it comes down to this...
If the FA doesn't have issues, he will cost a lot to sign, and that will likely be too much for the Bengals to pay. We see it with Zeitler, Marvin Jones, etc.
We can't expect the Bengals to find another Zeitler-caliber player for cheaper. It's just not going to happen.
Anyone they bring in will have flaws.
The reason you bring in someone like Fluker is if he's 1) an improvement to your current situation, and 2) is he a good value for that performance.

We all want Zeitler back. We all want a better RT than Fisher.
But to think the Bengals will find someone that is either an identical replacement for Zeitler and/or better RT than Fisher without spending top FA money is just....
[Image: ludacris.jpg?itok=XItycy6Y]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
how many times do we need to have this experience before it sinks in

Bengals are not going to sign any upper echelon free agents.

11 draft picks with cheap rookie contracts and lots of roll over money to extend players who wont want to stay with the team after Whit, Z and Dre go to greener pastures for more money.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: To me he would be a good idea for us to look at. He has G/T versatility and with questions on if guys in both positions can actually play it would be nice to have someone who could cover multiple positions. He shouldn't be a super high demand guy and can play well enough to fill any of the holes we will have.

Would love this. Not very old either, he gives up some sacks but i think at RG he could be good for us in the running game.
Reply/Quote