Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Reader
(12-18-2023, 11:13 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's hard to believe he will ever play a game in a Bengals uniform again. He will be a FA, is bordering on 30 years old, and will most likely miss AT LEAST half the year next year.

DJ Reader was one of the guys that really helped turn this thing around. He's been here from the beginning, saw some trash years, and helped get us over the hump. He is easily one of the best free agent signings the Bengals have ever had.

Thank you DJ and good luck with the rest of your career. Hopefully you can recover from the injury and be a productive player for many more years.

That being said, DT is at the top of this teams needs for next year. Hopefully they bring in someone(s) via free agency to replace DJ.

I hope we can still bring Reader back, even with this bad quad injury he was playing good this year before to show he still has something in him. 

Love the guy.

Yes, a top FA signing of all time in Bengaldom is DJ Reader. We need to draft a NT early this next Draft it seems.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 12:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's his second major knee injury and he's aging - not to mention he's going to miss the majority of next season. Leacing emotion out of it, I just don't see a world where it makes sense to bring him back. 

Nonsense
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nonsense

I wouldn't say, "nonsense," as much as I would say, "misguided;" if the recovery is similar to his first injury, he got hurt on October 12th in 2020, was doing full TC drills in July, so about 2 1/2 months shy of 1 full year.

Go back 2 1/2 months from Saturday, you're looking at the beginning of October (3 games will go by), say he's on NFI for even 3 more weeks after that (or PUP, as that would be 6 games), he'd come back at the end of October/beginning of November and play 10-11 games.

So yeah, while majority of games CAN happen, if everything goes like the first one went, he has the potential to only miss a 3rd of the season and not even half the games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Ummmm, why are we discussing knee injuries? Reader didn't hurt his knee... he tore his quad.

Depending on the severity, he could miss a majority of next season, or it could even be career-ending.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Nonsense

How is this nonsense? The recovery time for a ruptured quad tendon is a year or even longer. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:41 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, why are we discussing knee injuries?  Reader didn't hurt his knee... he tore his quad.

Depending on the severity, he could miss a majority of next season, or it could even be career-ending.

We've already cleared that up earlier in the thread. Jeesh. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:41 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, why are we discussing knee injuries? Reader didn't hurt his knee... he tore his quad.

1. Only 1 person brought up knees: we know it's the quad.
2. Yes, could be more severe, however we have a precedent for him specifically, with this injury and he was back after 9 months and change.

Optimistic has him back and playing 10-11 games, worst-case he's done for a career: you have have to give both ends of the spectrum.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We've already cleared that up earlier in the thread. Jeesh. 

Sorry.  I saw "second major knee injury" in a reply up there.
Reply/Quote