Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals were in discussions for DeAndre Hopkins
That means we'd be sitting Tyler Boyd after 2 straight 1000 yard seasons and a $43 million contract.

I mean, I would've been totally cool with that for DeAndre Hopkins. Hilarious

In all seriousness, Nuk would be the best WR on this team, even with a healthy AJ.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think this was a swap type deal as well. No way Hopkins and Green on same team due to huge contracts.

But, call me nuts, I have we go sign Antonio Brown on the cheap and take our chances. A low no risk contract is worth the risk. Who cares about our reputation? It is already in the gutter with our own fans who call us names, so why should character matter versus win baby win.

As much as I agree with the premise of this, not Brown...what he has done (and admitted as much) and what is coming out.  I can't believe the Bucs will actually sign him and risk all they have going for them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: But, call me nuts, I have we go sign Antonio Brown on the cheap and take our chances. A low no risk contract is worth the risk. Who cares about our reputation? It is already in the gutter with our own fans who call us names, so why should character matter versus win baby win.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:45 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second this. No way I want Burrow having to deal with that mess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell no. Guy is a despicable human being. You watch that video with his kid’s mom? I don’t want to have to root for that POS.

**** him...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:27 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, just the fact they were in the conversation...this off-season really has been different.  Mellow

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/03/19/deandre-hopkins-bengals-talked-trade-texans-per-report/2872973001/

Craziness.  Shocked
Reply/Quote
Just spitballing, but the Texans were probably outlandish and asked for pick #1 for Hopkins. It would have been cool if the Bengals landed him, but I'm glad an overpay wasn't made.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Just spitballing, but the Texans were probably outlandish and asked for pick #1 for Hopkins.  It would have been cool if the Bengals landed him, but I'm glad an overpay wasn't made.

AZ gave up DJ, a second this year and a fourth next year.  That is a far cry from #1 overall.  Ultimately, I'm guessing the Bengals just decided they valued the picks more, especially considering how close to a first rounder that #33 pick is.  And if Houston asked for AJ, maybe the net gain wasn't worth it.  Now, if the Texans would have taken Gio, who could give you anything Johnson would, that would be a deal worth making.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:44 PM)McC Wrote: AZ gave up DJ, a second this year and a fourth next year.  That is a far cry from #1 overall.  Ultimately, I'm guessing the Bengals just decided they valued the picks more, especially considering how close to a first rounder that #33 pick is.  And if Houston asked for AJ, maybe the net gain wasn't worth it.  Now, if the Texans would have taken Gio, who could give you anything Johnson would, that would be a deal worth making.

Agreed, they likely did value pick #33 more and I'm okay with that.  Hopkins is a stud, but I also believe WR is a position you don't have to overpay to acquire.  The next great WR can be found later in a draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, they likely did value pick #33 more and I'm okay with that.  Hopkins is a stud, but I also believe WR is a position you don't have to overpay to acquire.  The next great WR can be found later in a draft.

Hopkins is just plain extraordinary.  He played a whole season without a drop.  Who does that? 

But, like you said, the draft is loaded with WR's.

And what about this?  What if Houston asked more from us, being an AFC team who rarely goes two years without playing them, than an NFC team they will never play more than every four years?

I'm just tickled pink that the Bengals even tried to get in on it, to be honest.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:02 PM)McC Wrote: Hopkins is just plain extraordinary.  He played a whole season without a drop.  Who does that? 

And what about this?  What if Houston asked more from us, being an AFC team who rarely goes two years without playing them, than an NFC team they will never play more than every four years?

I'm just tickled pink that the Bengals even tried to get in on it, to be honest.

Yeah, never seen the Bengals try like this, blows my mind. Bring in a LB!
Reply/Quote
Exciting, but I'd rather them go HAM for a LB in trade.

Im still OK with vigil coming back. It opens up every pick to BPA.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 02:02 PM)McC Wrote: Hopkins is just plain extraordinary.  He played a whole season without a drop.  Who does that? 

Totally, that is the takeaway.  Tobin is working the phones.  He's tried to made trades and he's signing free agents.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think this was a swap type deal as well. No way Hopkins and Green on same team due to huge contracts.

But, call me nuts, I have we go sign Antonio Brown on the cheap and take our chances. A low no risk contract is worth the risk. Who cares about our reputation? It is already in the gutter with our own fans who call us names, so why should character matter versus win baby win.

Antonio is a great talent and would help the team win if he concentrates on football and doesn’t disrupt the locker room, I don’t care about “reputation” or “perception” if we’re winning.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:34 AM)McC Wrote: Well, you could substitute Gio for David Johnson.  And all our picks are better than AZ's in any round.

It's probably good it didn't happen. Gotta keep those hospital beds available. Can't be filling them up with Bengal fans popping valves.

I know Bill O’Brien isn’t logical but you’d have to assume it’d be Green in Johnson’s place bc it makes more sense and honestly the Bengals were only involved bc the Texans we’re trying to get robbed
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hate all the Gio shots. Yes, he is underutilized for what he makes, but if Mixon goes down Gio is a good backup to have. 

Nobody hates Gio. The confusion comes from handing him extensions and then proceeding to use him less and less.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 01:35 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Nobody hates Gio. The confusion comes from handing him extensions and then proceeding to use him less and less.

I didn't say Gio hate. I said I hate all the Gio shots... I understand the frustration with his lack of usage, but he is a great backup if Mixon gets injured. And maybe, just maybe, when Zac gets his players in line, he will use him in different ways more.
Reply/Quote