Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DJ Reader
(11-27-2022, 08:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If you would have told me before the game that we'd hold Henry to 38 yards rushing I would have had you sent out for a urinalysis. 

And I would have failed but still been right!
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If you would have told me before the game that we'd hold Henry to 38 yards rushing I would have had you sent out for a urinalysis. 

Henry only had 6 more yards rushing than Joe Burrow. Let that sink in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Henry only had 6 more yards rushing than Joe Burrow. Let that sink in.

Was just an awesome defensive performance. 
Reply/Quote
What a signing...all I can say
Reply/Quote
Reader was the missing link in this defense.Now he’s back.It’s time to make a run into the playoffs.It looks like he’s getting back to 100%.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Reader has been a true blessing for this team. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
When did Pratt have his best game all season, probably the best game of his career?

Last week when DJ Reader came back.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Reader is criminally underrated and not even recognized in the game ball thread as a choice. He had an elite game yesterday it felt like we had a Geno or Donald out there yesterday. He was MVP of yesterdays game and it's not even close. Taking nothing away from TEE, Burrow ETC.....
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:58 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: When did Pratt have his best game all season, probably the best game of his career?

Last week when DJ Reader came back.

(11-28-2022, 10:41 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Reader is criminally underrated and not even recognized in the game ball thread as a choice. He had an elite game yesterday it felt like we had a Geno or Donald out there yesterday. He was MVP of yesterdays game and it's not even close. Taking nothing away from TEE, Burrow ETC.....

Yes

DJ is one of those rare players that takes a defense to another level. You don't hear his name called out every other play. You don't see the stat board lighting up.

But his impact is gigantic !! Disruptive, and off the charts. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit. That is so damn impressive. Props to all our guys and Lou. Just superb against probably the hardest runner ever
and a damn good OL. Love how DJ and our guys just step up to the challenge like that in these big games. What is even 
more awesome is our own OL is starting to do the same, this team is special. 

May I say maybe more special than last year's?

Check out Holic's thread and the vid of Ted, frickin' badazz Center. Smirk

***Earl Campbell has entered the chat.....jus'sayin'. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:45 PM)Destro Wrote: This team can stop the run and he helps makes it so. Heading into the winter, that is huge.

Just getting healthy in general is huge

Lou A imo is the season MVP so far. We rarely give up ANY deep bombs and we seem to be able to at least hang around in games where any other defensive coordinator would’ve failed. The defense against Tennessee was amazing.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:55 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes

DJ is one of those rare players that takes a defense to another level. You don't hear his name called out every other play. You don't see the stat board lighting up.

But his impact is gigantic !! Disruptive, and off the charts. 

They way he takes on, and wins, blocks is criminally savage. He does it like Walter Payton used to run the football. Non-stop, legs churning, punching fools, he's just a brute in the middle. Then you add in 3 batted passes, man, he had himself a game. Our LBs basically had a clear path to the backfield all day. His play also allowed corner blitzes to get home....and allowed the DEs to crash down and make plays in the run game. He's the heartbeat of this defense.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 11:47 AM)Housh Wrote: Just getting healthy in general is huge

Lou A imo is the season MVP so far. We rarely give up ANY deep bombs and we seem to be able to at least hang around in games where any other defensive coordinator would’ve failed. The defense against Tennessee was amazing.

Lou has been masterful at catering a game plan to each opponent each week. A lot of DCs get too stubborn and want to impose their will, Lou adapts each week. 

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 11:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Lou has been masterful at catering a game plan to each opponent each week. A lot of DCs get too stubborn and want to impose their will, Lou adapts each week. 

...and to this I'll add.....Dunlap looks like a fool now. We all saw Hendrickson, a legit pass rusher, drop back into coverage because that's what the defense called for on that play. A big reason for the defense's success is there is a whole unit that plays together as A TEAM. 

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:50 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote:  ...and to this I'll add.....Dunlap looks like a fool now. We all saw Hendrickson, a legit pass rusher, drop back into coverage because that's what the defense called for on that play. A big reason for the defense's success is there is a whole unit that plays together as A TEAM. 

Dunlap is actually playing very well for KC right now.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dunlap is actually playing very well for KC right now.

And he could still be playing very well right here in Cincinnati if he would have played within the system and gotten it through his head his job is not just rushing the QB. Nobody has ever questioned Dunlap's talent, he just is not a team player and wanted his sacks more than he wanted the team to win. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dunlap is actually playing very well for KC right now.

This would be my answer.....

(11-28-2022, 02:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And he could still be playing very well right here in Cincinnati if he would have played within the system and gotten it through his head his job is not just rushing the QB. Nobody has ever questioned Dunlap's talent, he just is not a team player and wanted his sacks more than he wanted the team to win. 

Hendrickson has shown you can do both here.

Reply/Quote
Reader is amazing and Lou is a defensive guru.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 11:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: ***Earl Campbell has entered the chat.....jus'sayin'. Smirk

Yeah, just before my time but Campbell was great alright.
Reply/Quote