Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DJ Turner is not only having a great rookie year he may need to START soon
Turner looked good against the Cardinals.

I enjoyed this article about his play: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-film-breakdown-analyzing-dj-turner-first-career-start-win-over-cardinals

I'd like to see DJ with his speed become an elite talent for the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 09:21 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Turner looked good against the Cardinals.

I enjoyed this article about his play: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-film-breakdown-analyzing-dj-turner-first-career-start-win-over-cardinals

I'd like to see DJ with his speed become an elite talent for the Bengals.

Ah, that is helpful because I did wonder how he was in run support. The answer seems to be, very good for a rookie. He was patient and able to tackle on what could have been an explosive play.  

Reply/Quote
Sorry to take away from all the overwhelmingly negative threads on the first page (the day after a win), but we have something special building with this young secondary. CTB and Turner could end up being our best pair of CB’s since Hall & Joseph.

Reply/Quote
I have been VERY pleasantly surprised by Turner's iverall good play. I feared that he was a cover only guy who would struggle in the AFC North. But he has held up well vs the run and been outstanding vs the pass.

He has been the starter the last 2 weeks with Chido out/limited.

Hilton did make a big play this week as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 04:55 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Nah. Not the year for us to be having inevitable rookie mistakes derail the season.

Once the window starts to close next year with Chidio gone? Probably. Not right now though.

Have you watched Chido play this year? That 3rd and 20 big pass was his final nail against Seattle. It's Turners job now. Chido is cooked..
Reply/Quote
How did I not know dude’s real name is JuanDrago. Pretty badass. :cool:

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sorry to take away from all the overwhelmingly negative threads on the first page (the day after a win), but we have something special building with this young secondary. CTB and Turner could end up being our best pair of CB’s since Hall & Joseph.

Amazing
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I’m higher on the secondary than I am any other group we have.

Hill, CTB, Turner all look like studs. I think Battle is going to develop as well. It’ll be a secondary to be feared IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:49 PM)Housh Wrote: Per Twitter user Blake Jewell (account handle in attachment)

Turner has been targeted 12 times and in those 12 targets has only allowed 4 catches for 33 TOTAL yards(Amazing as a rookie) and a 42.4 opposing QB passer rating.

Those are stats but the eye test tells me he’s a decently better tackler than we thought even for his size and he’s got the recovery ability CTB has in regards to getting back into plays he’s been beat on.

This may be the best draft pick of the draft.

Atp i wil be the 1st poster on here to FIRMLY say DJ Turner should start VS Seattle but ESPECIALLY San Fran.

Doesn't surprise me, as a Michigan fan he was a beast there too. Fantastic addition to the defense.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote