Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Turner?
The Bengals could use a nice CB in the upcoming draft. Any thoughts on this kid from Michigan? He might be available to Bengals in the 2nd round. That being said, when the Bengals last drafted pure speed (John Ross) it didn't turn out too well.

"Turner is currently the No. 75 overall prospect in the NFL Mock Draft Database, though that could ultimately change after a successful Combine performance."
Reply/Quote
Turner is a fantastic corner. Elite speed and technique. He is a great competitor and I would love to see him in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
Turner is crazy fast. The primary knock i have read is that he is so slight, some are questioning him at boundary. I like him.

But I like a lot of corners this draft.

Jaylon Jones
Rush
Williams
Ricks
Banks
Stevenson
Ringo
Cam

Phillips and Hodges-Tomlinson are really good coverage guys but Lou seems to shy away from the under 6' guys, especially 5'9 and 5'8. As Bill Parcells used to say; don't come to me with an undersized player unless he walks on water.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 06:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Turner is crazy fast.  The primary knock i have read is that he is so slight, some are questioning him at boundary.    I like him.

But I like a lot of corners this draft.

Jaylon Jones
Rush
Williams
Ricks
Banks
Stevenson
Ringo
Cam

Phillips and Hodges-Tomlinson are really good coverage guys but Lou seems to shy away from the under 6' guys, especially 5'9 and 5'8.  As Bill Parcells used to say; don't come to me with an undersized player unless he walks on water.

He is light but he is an outstanding boundary corner with great ball skills who has virtually flawless technique.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 06:38 PM)OSUfan Wrote: He is light but he is an outstanding boundary corner with great ball skills who has virtually flawless technique.

I dont disagree, but it has been mentioned in a couple places that he may be relegated to the slot, which would be a huge waste of 4.2 forty talent.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 06:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont disagree, but it has been mentioned in a couple places that he may be relegated to the slot, which would be a huge waste of 4.2 forty talent.

Waste of speed and talent if you ask me. He can run with anyone in the league and he is one of the most sticky corners you will find in the draft. Don't have to be a big hitter if they don't get to catch the ball. If he picks it off good luck catching him.
Reply/Quote
Really like DJ Turner as well. He played against OSU's great WR's and did well which is saying something. He has been tested
and like we all know, dude has the speed you cannot teach and plays with great technique. Hope we draft this guy.
Reply/Quote
Starting to think adding a young stud to go along with CTB and having a cheap pair of beastly CBs for a few years would be really helpful. And DJ has already played with Dax, so some of the familiarity could help. Plus our recent theme of having a crazy fast secondary makes DJ a really good fit.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 01:17 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: The Bengals could use a nice CB in the upcoming draft. Any thoughts on this kid from Michigan? He might be available to Bengals in the 2nd round. That being said, when the Bengals last drafted pure speed (John Ross) it didn't turn out too well.

"Turner is currently the No. 75 overall prospect in the NFL Mock Draft Database, though that could ultimately change after a successful Combine performance."

I would love to see him in Cincinnati! He is an absolute technician.
Reply/Quote
An ideal boundary CB size-wise is 6'0" or taller and 190 lbs or bigger.
However, Johnathan Joseph is someone who was just under 6'0" (5'11" like Turner) and under 190 lbs (186 lbs).
Turner is 5'11", 178 lbs when weighed at Combine.
If Turner can bulk up a bit to around maybe 185 lbs (he played at 181 in college), I think that will help him.
But you can't teach speed and twitch, and he has those things in spades.

If Bengals don't get someone like Banks, Cam Smith, or Forbes (also needs to bulk back up) in Rd 1, I like Turner as a Rd 2 selection.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: An ideal boundary CB size-wise is 6'0" or taller and 190 lbs or bigger.
However, Johnathan Joseph is someone who was just under 6'0" (5'11" like Turner) and under 190 lbs (186 lbs).
Turner is 5'11", 178 lbs when weighed at Combine.
If Turner can bulk up a bit to around maybe 185 lbs (he played at 181 in college), I think that will help him.
But you can't teach speed and twitch, and he has those things in spades.

If Bengals don't get someone like Banks, Cam Smith, or Forbes (also needs to bulk back up) in Rd 1, I like Turner as a Rd 2 selection.

He reminds me of Casey Hayward always in the hip pocket of the receiver. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Got my wish!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:47 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Got my wish!

Yes, yes you did.
Reply/Quote