Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DK Metcalf
Metcalf looks like a beast in the combine, If we can get a couple of LB or O-Line men in FA, should we go for him if he is available at 11
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 06:54 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Metcalf looks like a beast in the combine, If we can get a couple of LB or O-Line men in FA, should we go for him if he is available at 11

He's gotten huge and has 1.9% body fat. Roids anyone? 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 06:54 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Metcalf looks like a beast in the combine, If we can get a couple of LB or O-Line men in FA, should we go for him if he is available at 11

No, he’s had two relatively big injuries in college (neck and foot). I believe someteams medical units will flat out red flag him off the board. His route tree is limited (sound familiar cough John Ross cough). I’d rather have Harry who is Mike Evans to me.

That all said this draft is so deep at WR you could get a Deebo Samuel in the 2nd or maybe even a Terry McLauren in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 06:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, he’s had two relatively big injuries in college (neck and foot). I believe someteams medical units will flat out red flag him off the board. His route tree is limited (sound familiar cough John Ross cough). I’d rather have Harry who is Mike Evans to me.

That all said this draft is so deep at WR you could get a Deebo Samuel in the 2nd or maybe even a Terry McLauren in the 3rd.

Harry i think will be very good at the next level. Would love to get McLauren in the 3rd or one of the talented TE's in this deep class.

I just don't think we are as bad off at Receiver as we are TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 07:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Harry i think will be very good at the next level. Would love to get McLauren in the 3rd or one of the talented TE's in this deep class.

I just don't think we are as bad off at Receiver as we are TE.

No, I think we add a veteran at WR to bolster depth a bit and possibly draft one on day 3 maybe late day 2.
Reply/Quote
Athletes with that low a body percentage raise a red flag for me. They are oft injured as a result of not having enough soft/fat tissue to absorb shock. Eric Davis always comes to mind when he lacerated his kidney. And he played baseball.
Reply/Quote

Freak athlete, yes, but I'd pass. I saw this graph posted on twitter. Change of direction is kind of a big deal with WRs.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 12:48 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Freak athlete, yes, but I'd pass. I saw this graph posted on twitter. Change of direction is kind of a big deal with WRs.

Right, one of the downsides of all that muscle on the frame is he lacks flexibility. I saw one scout say they’d force him to turn in his dumbbells for a yoga mat. Year one he is basically running a limited route tree while you work on his route running and flexibility.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 12:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right, one of the downsides of all that muscle on the frame is he lacks flexibility. I saw one scout say they’d force him to turn in his dumbbells for a yoga mat. Year one he is basically running a limited route tree while you work on his route running and flexibility.

Yep. I'd be interested to hear how he interviews. You'd almost have to question his decision making or willingness to take advice if he'd allow himself to be that bad in those areas. First guy I thought of when I saw his pics was David Boston who lifted/steroided himself out of football.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 01:13 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Yep. I'd be interested to hear how he interviews. You'd almost have to question his decision making or willingness to take advice if he'd allow himself to be that bad in those areas. First guy I thought of when I saw his pics was David Boston who lifted/steroided himself out of football.

He had the neck injury and missed the whole year so it seems like he took to the weight room to do what he could. I don’t think he didn’t take advice I think he was trying to make up for lack of tape with wow measurable. Again I think he is still a top 5 WR but he isn’t a year 1 star, his usage will be limited. I think Baltimore would be a perfect place for him because of what his size will give you in the run blocking game.
Reply/Quote
Metcalf had really bad 3-cone and shuttle, which points to him not being very twitchy.
I say this not to downgrade Metcalf but moreso just to point out that he might not succeed if used in ways that don't cater to his strengths.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Metcalf had really bad 3-cone and shuttle, which points to him not being very twitchy.
I say this not to downgrade Metcalf but moreso just to point out that he might not succeed if used in ways that don't cater to his strengths.

To be fair Jarvis Landry ran a 7.56 3 cone compared to Metcalf's 7.38. I think it's something to be aware of but not a huge deal for an outside WR like you'd expect for Landry inside in the slot. Now to be fair Metcalf's hands aren't anywhere near Landry's.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 01:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: To be fair Jarvis Landry ran a 7.56 3 cone compared to Metcalf's 7.38. I think it's something to be aware of but not a huge deal for an outside WR like you'd expect for Landry inside in the slot. Now to be fair Metcalf's hands aren't anywhere near Landry's.

That's my point. I don't think Metcalf should be used in the slot much or run too many routes where he's cutting a lot. He's going to win with straight-line speed and size.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would draft Noah Fant before DK Metcalf.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 06:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, he’s had two relatively big injuries in college (neck and foot). I believe someteams medical units will flat out red flag him off the board. His route tree is limited (sound familiar cough John Ross cough). I’d rather have Harry who is Mike Evans to me.

People said the same thing about mike Williams. He doesn’t have a limited route tree, rather he was handicapped by the system, as multiple wrs and tes from the ole miss system have complained how bad it is and how they’re only allowed to run very basic stuff.
(03-03-2019, 12:48 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Freak athlete, yes, but I'd pass. I saw this graph posted on twitter. Change of direction is kind of a big deal with WRs.
Hopkins has the same shirt ahuttle time, megatron didn’t even run bc he knew it would be bad, and dez had same 3 cone.
(03-04-2019, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Metcalf had really bad 3-cone and shuttle, which points to him not being very twitchy.
See Hopkins and dez as comparisons on if u use them right.
Reply/Quote

This.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 01:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: To be fair Jarvis Landry ran a 7.56 3 cone compared to Metcalf's 7.38. I think it's something to be aware of but not a huge deal for an outside WR like you'd expect for Landry inside in the slot. Now to be fair Metcalf's hands aren't anywhere near Landry's.

That surprises me.  All I have been hearing on the NFL Network is that he has slower agility scores than Tom Brady, who one analyst referred to as a "pocket sloth" which cracked me up.  He may be a sloth, but never seems to get sacked.  Could be the special rules that apply to his and Piggy's linemen.  
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That surprises me.  All I have been hearing on the NFL Network is that he has slower agility scores than Tom Brady, who one analyst referred to as a "pocket sloth" which cracked me up.  He may be a sloth, but never seems to get sacked.  Could be the special rules that apply to his and Piggy's linemen.  

The score without context is the issue. He kept stumbling on the turns and that's because all the muscle has impacted his flexibility. I think a team will ask him to take some of the muscle off and work on his flexibility more.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:32 AM)Au165 Wrote: The score without context is the issue. He kept stumbling on the turns and that's because all the muscle has impacted his flexibility. I think a team will ask him to take some of the muscle off and work on his flexibility more.

He was described as very slow and uncoordinated in tight spaces, and they even said as much about his play.  Only certain routes cater to his strength.  Classic X receiver, to go vertical.  He wasn't slipping...or did you mean Landry?  Hell, that could have been a bad shoe choice.  

Amazes me how LSU rolls out these amazing WRs that hardly get any opportunities in their offense.  Wondering if the trend can continue with Moreau the TE.  
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was described as very slow and uncoordinated in tight spaces, and they even said as much about his play.  Only certain routes cater to his strength.  Classic X receiver, to go vertical.  He wasn't slipping...or did you mean Landry?  Hell, that could have been a bad shoe choice.  

Amazes me how LSU rolls out these amazing WRs that hardly get any opportunities in their offense.  Wondering if the trend can continue with Moreau the TE.  

Metcalf slipped on the first cone and stumbled coming out of the second during the 3 cone. It's bad technique that gets exposed because he lacks the flexibility to make the turns. He was too high basically in each cut which you see on tape when he makes any sort of cut, his routes are ran too upright.
Reply/Quote