Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DK Metcalf's diet...
...just spits in the face of science and the majority of the world.

Somehow that produces 4.3 speed and this:
[Image: dk-metcalf.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 11:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Somehow that produces 4.3 speed and this:
[Image: dk-metcalf.jpg]

I have a similar diet. And I weigh as much as DK and I'm built like him - just stuff is in different places.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It seems that genetic composition might mean more than other factors in elite athletes?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 02:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It seems that genetic composition might mean more than other factors in elite athletes?

wtf. How do you go through a whole day of working out and finish it off with candys and look like that!!??  its
genetics for sure but this is bound to catch up to him eventually.  I thought he mentioned a "dinner" before bed  but didnt catch what that was?
if its a triple king fat  burger Im going to flip out. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 02:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It seems that genetic composition might mean more than other factors in elite athletes?

Probably some PED use as well. With as active as he is, he probably stays in a slight deficit or maintenance as well, so he can maintain his lean physique. This is up there with Chad eating McDonalds all the time during his playing days. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 03:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Probably some PED use as well. With as active as he is, he probably stays in a slight deficit or maintenance as well, so he can maintain his lean physique. This is up there with Chad eating McDonalds all the time during his playing days. 

His metabolic rate is likely through the roof.  He probably needs all of the extra calories, just to keep from losing weight.  When I was playing football until my early 30s, I had to eat 2-3 plates per meal, every meal, just to keep my weight from dropping.  The bad part is that a few years after you stop being athletic, the metabolism slams into a wall, and everything sticks to you..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 03:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His metabolic rate is likely through the roof.  He probably needs all of the extra calories, just to keep from losing weight.  When I was playing football until my early 30s, I had to eat 2-3 plates per meal, every meal, just to keep my weight from dropping.  The bad part is that a few years after you stop being athletic, the metabolism slams into a wall, and everything sticks to you..

I found that wall without being an athlete in my 20's / 30's.  Really wish I had taken everyones advice on setting better eating habits in those years, cuz all the jumpin rope and joggin ain't helpin this jon daly induced gut i'm sportin
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 03:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His metabolic rate is likely through the roof.  He probably needs all of the extra calories, just to keep from losing weight.  When I was playing football until my early 30s, I had to eat 2-3 plates per meal, every meal, just to keep my weight from dropping.  The bad part is that a few years after you stop being athletic, the metabolism slams into a wall, and everything sticks to you..

His BMR is probably around 2,200. Add in all of the exercising he is doing then he is probably around 3500-4000 for maintenance. I'm 29 and was really active up until a couple of years ago. I couldn't gain weight, man. I was eating three PBJ sandwiches for lunch, oatmeal and protein bars for breakfast, whatever the hell I wanted for dinner and ice cream/chips for dessert. Stayed at 175. I changed from a physical job to an office job, stopped playing basketball and lift four days a week with no cardio, and the weight piled on. I'm introducing cardio back to my routine and the weight is coming right back off. I love my job but man, sitting in a chair all day is killing me. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 04:20 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: His BMR is probably around 2,200. Add in all of the exercising he is doing then he is probably around 3500-4000 for maintenance. I'm 29 and was really active up until a couple of years ago. I couldn't gain weight, man. I was eating three PBJ sandwiches for lunch, oatmeal and protein bars for breakfast, whatever the hell I wanted for dinner and ice cream/chips for dessert. Stayed at 175. I changed from a physical job to an office job, stopped playing basketball and lift four days a week with no cardio, and the weight piled on. I'm introducing cardio back to my routine and the weight is coming right back off. I love my job but man, sitting in a chair all day is killing me. 

I hear you.  I took a position full time in the office last year, and have really had to consciously add extra movement into my exercise routines, in an attempt to mitigate all of the chair time.  Part of my problem is that I absolutely refuse to seriously alter my diet and drinking habits for the sake of aesthetics.  (What benefit is there to looking trim, if you have to be miserable eating things you don't like and avoiding things I enjoy like alcohol?)  So, I at least try to keep the blood sugar and cholesterol numbers at bay by forcing myself to do more physical activity in my off hours.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 04:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hear you.  I took a position full time in the office last year, and have really had to consciously add extra movement into my exercise routines, in an attempt to mitigate all of the chair time.  Part of my problem is that I absolutely refuse to seriously alter my diet and drinking habits for the sake of aesthetics.  (What benefit is there to looking trim, if you have to be miserable eating things you don't like and avoiding things I enjoy like alcohol?)  So, I at least try to keep the blood sugar and cholesterol numbers at bay by forcing myself to do more physical activity in my off hours.

I understand all this as well ..in my younger days due to all the activity between sports, weights, hobbies and work I burnt up the calories with no weight gain at all and eating like a hungry lion all day...but thats the part I dont get with Metcalfs diet....how does he survive and crave just plain candy after all that exorcise ??  I mean if it were at least 10 snickers bars I may understand a little bit, but it was gummys and other just plain sugar candys from what I read . 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 06:32 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I understand all this as well ..in my younger days due to all the activity between sports, weights, hobbies and work I burnt up the calories with no weight gain at all and eating like a hungry lion all day...but thats the part I dont get with Metcalfs diet....how does he survive and crave just plain candy after all that exorcise ??  I mean if it were at least 10 snickers bars I may understand a little bit, but it was gummys and other just plain sugar candys from what I read . 

He could very well be on a paleo diet that he's not telling people about.  I know a few high-energy cross fit types that constantly munch those gummies, and other candy all day long with no worries.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote