Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DK Metcalf trash talk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 09:09 AM)pally Wrote:

Not sure this qualifies as trash talk . He is defending his guy. What is he supposed to say? “Chase is gonna eat him up.”

This is a guy trying to build up his teammates confidence, unless I am missing something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 09:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Not sure this qualifies as trash talk . He is defending his guy.  What is he supposed to say?  “Chase is gonna eat him up.”

This is a guy trying to build up his teammates confidence, unless I am missing something.

I think you don't name-drop specific teammates.  He could have stopped after saying Chase was great...or simply added that he had confidence in their defense

Reply/Quote
I tend to agree with 'Bug, not much in the realm of trash talk.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 09:30 AM)pally Wrote: I think you don't name-drop specific teammates.  He could have stopped after saying Chase was great...or simply added that he had confidence in their defense

Devon Witherspoon is a rookie, with a huge test coming up. Gotta build up that confidence. He has started moving inside and outside and is really playing pretty well. I imagine the plan, based on DK, is for Witherspoon to match up on chase as much as possible.

Anyway, if namedropping Witherspoon is trash talking by DK, it’s likely negated with his praise as well “ He’s just a great receiver. Tip my hat off to him with what he’s done the first 3 years in the league.”
Reply/Quote
Dude needs to put his pacifier in his mouth and hush up.

About to get smacked on Sunday.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 09:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude needs to put his pacifier in his mouth and hush up.

About to get smacked on Sunday.

^#trashtalk
Reply/Quote
Tuna in a can

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 09:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Not sure this qualifies as trash talk . He is defending his guy.  What is he supposed to say?  “Chase is gonna eat him up.”

Agreed, if this is trash talk I dont know where ive been last 50 yrs
and hes right "Spoon" is a beast...should be fun to watch
Reply/Quote
If this is trash talk then everyone on this board should have their first amendment rights revoked and thrown in prison. All he said was "I think Spoon will get the best of him." Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 10:30 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: If this is trash talk then everyone on this board should have their first amendment rights revoked and thrown in prison. All he said was "I think Spoon will get the best of him." Lol

Right on. He didn't trash talk.

[Image: move-along.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 10:25 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Agreed, if this is trash talk I dont know where ive been last 50 yrs
and hes right "Spoon" is a beast...should be fun to watch

To be fair, this probably IS trash talk to all the snowflakes out there who can't handle anything but nice words and soft voices.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Now when Chase gives your secondary 100 and 2 touchdowns you better buy them an apology gift
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Witherspoon was a great prospect in the draft. He and Gonzalez were probably my favorite out of the group.
Witherspoon has been playing well already to start his career, but he gets to go against a Top 5 WR in Chase.
I do think there will be some give and take.
Chase will get a few good catches I think, but I don't think it will be dominance the entire game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not trash talk at all lol

More like class talk from DK here.

Spoon is a good player, but he is a rookie, we will see if he can handle Chase Sunday, doubt it honestly.
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr noticed the comment...he retweeted it

Reply/Quote
Weak for some trash talk! But athletes will hold onto anything so hopefully this gives the wideouts a boost.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not trash talk at all lol

More like class talk from DK here.

Spoon is a good player, but he is a rookie, we will see if he can handle Chase Sunday, doubt it honestly.

I know it happens a lot in the NFL, but I always find it kind of funny when a player like DK speaks for someone like Spoon on a topic like this. I'm sure that publicly Spoon would say the exact same thing.

But I wonder if internally he's perhaps a bit unhappy that they are giving Chase even more motivational fuel to play his behind off this week. 

No way after this Chase gets handled by a rookie  Popcorn
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 04:14 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: I know it happens a lot in the NFL, but I always find it kind of funny when a player like DK speaks for someone like Spoon on a topic like this. I'm sure that publicly Spoon would say the exact same thing.

But I wonder if internally he's perhaps a bit unhappy that they are giving Chase even more motivational fuel to play his behind off this week. 

No way after this Chase gets handled by a rookie  Popcorn

Completely agree, better just give Chase as much praise as possible and not say anything else. Chase will use anything, even this
as Pally just said he retweeted it. Put some pressure on Spoon here is all DK did. The only Corner I think that can say anything in 
the league right now is probably Denzel Ward and he doesn't talk. Wish he did.
Reply/Quote
Like I said… earlier and chase just said now.

“He ain’t doing nothing but praising his teammate,” Chase said, via Kelsey Conway of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “That’s what he’s supposed to do. At the end of the day, it’s about game-time reps and game-time decisions. He’s gonna get the opportunity to get his matchup and we’ll see who wins that matchup.”
Reply/Quote