Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you DON'T want to see: Game Plan
For me, it is pretty simple:

Although I see the rational of having Mixon be a focus in the game plan, I don't want the Bengals to come out and run three times against a fired up Raider defense. They will have energy at the start of the game. I want Burrow to eat underneath, move the chains, sustain a drive....mix in (Mixon, get it?) a few runs here and there, but avoid running in to a fired up line and giving up a possession.

This is Burrow's team and he needs to be in control.

Use the run game when you get up by a couple scores and their defense is starting to get worn out.

Yours?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I personally want to see a huge dose of Mixon, with an extra lineman. Start pushing on the D-line early and wear them down. Of course, if the WR's are open, Burrow can certainly sling it. Mixon had a big game against them in LV on a shit sand field which had no traction. He ought to be able to have a bigger day at PBS. I do not trust Prince to keep Burrow upright.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I personally want to see a huge dose of Mixon, with an extra lineman. Start pushing on the D-line early and wear them down. Of course, if the WR's are open, Burrow can certainly sling it. Mixon had a big game against them in LV on a shit sand field which had no traction. He ought to be able to have a bigger day at PBS. I do not trust Prince to keep Burrow upright.

Sand field? I’m confused.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I personally want to see a huge dose of Mixon, with an extra lineman. Start pushing on the D-line early and wear them down. Of course, if the WR's are open, Burrow can certainly sling it. Mixon had a big game against them in LV on a shit sand field which had no traction. He ought to be able to have a bigger day at PBS. I do not trust Prince to keep Burrow upright.

It is a fair point, but I look at Burrow as the best player on the team and I want him making the decisions early.  It is his 2nd time facing them and we all know how that usually goes for the opponent. 

When I said to NOT come out and run first and risk and early loss of possession (punt), I want Burrow to get his feel and get in to the game right away.  The Raiders will be dangerous if the Bengals let them hang around.  I think Burrow can handle Crosby one on one (make him miss) and check it down behind him. 

I am worried about Prince as well, but we don't give up our strength for one guy.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:21 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sand field? I’m confused.

Vegas lays a grass field over a turf field when the Raiders play. It was all coming up in the last game and looked like sand. Mixon kept slipping all through the first half until he changed his cleats at half time.
Reply/Quote
RE: What you DON'T want to see:
  • A bunch of consecutive 3-and-outs by the offense.
  • Missed tackles/assignments by the defense.
  • Killer penalties.
  • Injuries.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: For me, it is pretty simple:

Although I see the rational of having Mixon be a focus in the game plan, I don't want the Bengals to come out and run three times against a fired up Raider defense.  They will have energy at the start of the game.  I want Burrow to eat underneath, move the chains, sustain a drive....mix in (Mixon, get it?) a few runs here and there, but avoid running in to a fired up line and giving up a possession.

Use the run game when you get up by a couple scores and their defense is starting to get worn out.  

Yours?

The bolded text sums up my opinion. I want Burrow having the control even if it means we run 70% of the offense as passing plays. I want to see Burrow getting 400+ yards and his 4 TDs in a stomping of the Raiders. I want the league very afraid. Stop Chase? Fine, Tee and TB will destroy you. Stop Tee or TB? Fine, Chase is getting his ball, yards, and TDs.

Win or lose, go down with Burrow in control.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Vegas lays a grass field over a turf field when the Raiders play. It was all coming up in the last game and looked like sand. Mixon kept slipping all through the first half until he changed his cleats at half time.

Vegas rolls in a 4ft deep grass field tray when the Raiders play.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/behind-the-scenes-see-raiders-19-million-pound-retractable-grass-field-at-allegi

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Vegas rolls in a 4ft deep grass field tray when the Raiders play.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/behind-the-scenes-see-raiders-19-million-pound-retractable-grass-field-at-allegi

Wow, that was cool, and not cool, at the same time.

Reply/Quote
Doubt they have any real info, but on an Orange and Black podcast they suggested someone in the know said the Bengals planned on riding Burrow's arm until it falls off in the playoffs.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: For me, it is pretty simple:

Although I see the rational of having Mixon be a focus in the game plan, I don't want the Bengals to come out and run three times against a fired up Raider defense.  They will have energy at the start of the game.  I want Burrow to eat underneath, move the chains, sustain a drive....mix in (Mixon, get it?) a few runs here and there, but avoid running in to a fired up line and giving up a possession.

Yours?

I think you are gonna see a mix of runs, screens, and short quick passes and when we get them off balance it's over...
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 11:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Doubt they have any real info, but on an Orange and Black podcast they suggested someone in the know said the Bengals planned on riding Burrow's arm until it falls off in the playoffs.

Those guys and new stripe city (Ace and  Zim whidey)have a lot of connections with players and familys. Burrow even wore Aces 3 amigos wr shirt before the KC game.. BELIEVE IT.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 11:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Doubt they have any real info, but on an Orange and Black podcast they suggested someone in the know said the Bengals planned on riding Burrow's arm until it falls off in the playoffs.

This is no bueno, even good snipers need a rest.
Reply/Quote
Between the hashes this crap field just looked like a golf course that had a bunch of divot holes that had been filled with sand. You can clearly see where the grass is not holding in the soil and coming up with their cleats. Mixon goes down at 1:27 and at 1:51 due to poor footing and the turf not holding when he tried to cut......

Reply/Quote
What I want to see?

I want burrow to pass early; mix in a screen to Crosby’s side if he’s consistently beating prince.

I want Mixon to have his Carrys, a little later in the first half unless they are selling out on the pass.

Ball control in the second half, heavier dose of Mixon. Wear the D down from consistent drives, travel, short week.

Im hoping the D can get consistent pressure up the middle and rush just 4. Make Derek Carr 1 dimensional by stuffing Josh Jacobs then forcing a statue to move out of the pocket. Then, either give Waller his yards and stop everyone else or find a way to stop Waller then make them win with other players. Most of there receivers aren’t very good.

No special teams mistakes.

What I don’t want to happen? Jacobs gets lots of yards, they control the clock and Waller explodes, while Crosby disrupts the bengals entire game plan, then not find ways to adjust to how they are playing receivers or not including someone like Uzomah to exploit a weakness in there defensive game plan.

Of course, they force turnovers.
Reply/Quote
I think they need to come out up tempo, to be totally honest. The problem with trying to come out and pound the ball with Mixon is that shortens the game which is exactly what a Raiders team that's flying east on a short week wants. We want to extend the game and force them to play more plays unless we've got a substantial 2nd half lead.

They've got injuries in the middle of their DL, so Burrow shouldn't be afraid to tuck it and run for positive gains to extend drives.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:55 AM)Interceptor Wrote: RE: What you DON'T want to see:

• A bunch of consecutive 3-and-outs by the offense.
  • Missed tackles/assignments by the defense.
  • Killer penalties.
  • Injuries.

• Turnovers
Reply/Quote
I dont want Burrow to feel HE has to win the game and starts throwing INTs a la Brett Farve.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, I run it on them. We have a much better field than the one Mixon was running on the last time.

That was a shit field and Mixon should have had 50 more yards at least. The Raiders cannot stop us.

Run it, get after Carr = PLAYOFF WIN
Reply/Quote