Pressures - 22
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
BIG yikes.

I wouldnt be as concerned if there wasn't a pass rush problem last year as well.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: BIG yikes.

I wouldnt be as concerned if there wasn't a pass rush problem last year as well.

Last year was last year.... you should be concerned... for THIS year.
Reply/Quote
Were getting good overall production from the nose tackle position according to PFF(72)but lousy overall production from the 3T position(57 pff grade).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
People won’t want to hear it but the DL has been worse than the OL through 2 games.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People won’t want to hear it but the DL has been worse than the OL through 2 games.

I'd really like to see Ossai back so Hubbard can kick inside on passing downs and they can rush with Hendrickson and Ossai outside with Hubbard and Hill inside.
Or even Sample inside next to Hubbard instead of Hill.

Murphy hasn't shown anything thus far.
I personally really wanted a 1st round pick who could contribute immediately, and we haven't gotten that yet.
Maybe he turns it around later in the season once he's acclimated better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The thing is, the lack of pass rush would be a problem but not a killer if at least they were fundamentally sound against the run, but they aren't. There was NO EXCUSE leaving the same cutback lane open for Chubb over and over or falling for the same identical jet sweep multiple times or against Jackson showing no gap discipline. If our defense had done its job against the run even holding these teams to 100-120 rush yards a game we are not 0-2 right now...
Reply/Quote
The interior line gets no pressure.
Reply/Quote
They did have two sacks wiped out by penalty yesterday, but yeah I haven't been impressed with the pressures at all. Lamar had a lot of time on a lot of downs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Sad thing is that when I saw those scores I thought 55.9/D rating seems way too high for Murphy…
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 06:39 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Sad thing is that when I saw those scores I thought 55.9/D rating seems way too high for Murphy…

yep, he looks like hot garbage most of the time....unfortunately. Usually by now you see some glimmers of hope on how good a kid can be. 
He looks like  swing and a miss SO FAR....but lets see what how he does at end of yr. The part that really bothers me is we knew we needed to upgrade the Pass Rush and all we did was draft this kid who was a BIG question mark....meanwhile Browns go get ZaDarius Smith to bookend with Garrett and Ravens bring in Clowney.   Steelers have Watt and Highsmith is also a damn good player IMO. 
Reply/Quote
They’ve had to respect the run the last two games. Haven’t played with a lead. That’s had to hurt their rush either in situations or opportunities.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Hill contract always seemed like a bad decision. Not sure if it was based around being scared of losing him too with Ogunjobi leaving, but just never seemed like it was going to pay off.

We've seen time and time again when situational pass rushers get contracts and starting jobs and the doubled snap counts that come with it, it never seems to increase their pass rushing and often decreases it. Dunlap, Lawson, Gilberry, etc. Having to play more snaps, more run snaps, and not being able to come on in just passing situations and burn yourself out with full effort for a few plays is a different thing.

BJ Hill aside, I thought/hoped this DL would be better than this. Seems like they've lost their run stopping ability, too. On pace to allow over 3,200 rushing yards.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hendrickson:
Sacks - 1
Pressures - 5
PFF pass rush rating - 73.4 (B rating)

Hubbard:
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 4
PFF pass rush rating - 50.1 (D rating)

Hill:
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 3
PFF pass rush rating - 58.7 (D rating)

Reader:
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 4
PFF pass rush rating - 61.1 (C rating)

Carter:
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 1
PFF pass rush rating - 53.7 (D rating)

Tupou:
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 0
PFF pass rush rating - 52.8 (D rating)

Sample:
Sacks - 1
Pressures - 4
PFF pass rush rating - 60.4 (C rating)

Murphy:
Sacks - 0
Pressures - 1
PFF pass rush rating - 55.9 (D rating)

Total:
Sacks - 2
Pressures - 22

Teams have this against us per game.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson and Hubbard have been awful this year. Not just bad...AWFUL.

A combined 1 sack, 3 pressures, 1 QB hurry.

Hendrickson has 5 tackles on the year (297th) and Hubbard has 12 (100th).

If this defense is going to go anywhere, these dudes need to get their shit together. They make too much money and have been producing too good in past seasons for this kind of performance over the first two weeks. Let's also not forget both teams we have played so far had a BACK UP tackle playing against these guys. Just piss poor.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hendrickson and Hubbard have been awful this year. Not just bad...AWFUL.

A combined 1 sack, 3 pressures, 1 QB hurry.

Hendrickson has 5 tackles on the year (297th) and Hubbard has 12 (100th).

If this defense is going to go anywhere, these dudes need to get their shit together. They make too much money and have been producing too good in past seasons for this kind of performance over the first two weeks. Let's also not forget both teams we have played so far had a BACK UP tackle playing against these guys. Just piss poor.

Trey was great for us and now not too sure...as for Hubbard : it is what it is...pass rush was never and never will be his strength

Oddly the team never really pursues FA edge game wreckers in offseason either....its always been a head scratcher to me
Reply/Quote
There is zero inside push coming from the interior; that's the real problem with the defense. The Edges really can't do anything when that happens.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:37 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Trey was great for us and now not too sure...as for Hubbard : it is what it is...pass rush was never and never will be his strength

Oddly the team never really pursues FA edge game wreckers in offseason either....its always been a head scratcher to me

I'm ready to move on from giving Hubbard so many snaps. 
Reply/Quote
Both Sam and Trae are 28. I suppose in NFL years they are approaching a downward trajectory in productivity. Maybe I'm wrong and DL/DEs hit their prime right about now. Hopefully the organization is prepared to replace both when necessary and has the talent to do so.
Reply/Quote
They haven't looked good. I'd like to see better.
But, they did just play two of the best offensive lines in the league the past 2 weeks.

I had the Browns and Ravens olines in my top 5-7 going into the year and targeted their running backs in fantasy.

There's potential for them to bounce back against lesser offensive lines like the Rams, Titans and Cardinals.
I think we'll know a lot more about what we have going into the bye.
Reply/Quote