Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DL Rotation
(10-19-2023, 10:51 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Going forward, yes a good tight end would make an impact. When Burrow was hurting, not as much because he couldn't even throw to Chase. But a Gronk in his prime would drastically improve the chances of making and winning the Super Bowl going forward if you are using Gronk as an example.

I said so far for a reason. I would rather just see what Hudson can do rather than bring in a TE for just the rest of this year. We used the TE as a checkdown last year so we need a scheme change before a TE might even make an impact on this team.
Reply/Quote
The rookie class looks to contribute, but I haven't seen his name called yet. I'm watching the Eagles game right now and watched Nolan Smith grab a sack, makes me think if we needed someone with his build. On the flip side, its possible the coaches don't like speed rushers like Smith which I understand because there isn't a lot of reason to be blitzing Wilson and Pratt.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 11:27 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: The rookie class looks to contribute, but I haven't seen his name called yet. I'm watching the Eagles game right now and watched Nolan Smith grab a sack, makes me think if we needed someone with his build. On the flip side, its possible the coaches don't like speed rushers like Smith which I understand because there isn't a lot of reason to be blitzing Wilson and Pratt.

Ive seen more from Smith on that one play then Murphy all yr. 
Im jealous of the Eagles DL and Edge talent: Carter, Hargreaves , "Mount Davis", Cox, Sweat, Riddick, now Smith, and dont forget Graham 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 10:42 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Ive seen more from Smith on that one play then Murphy all yr. 
Im jealous of the Eagles DL and Edge talent: Carter, Hargreaves , "Mount Davis", Cox, Sweat, Riddick, now Smith, and dont forget Graham 

Philly takes their trenches very seriously. Bengals? not as much

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Murphy has flashed the high end athleticism he was scouted as having, and also shown what scouting said that he needs to learn more pass rush moves. TBH I’d be interested in giving him some snaps on the interior as well as his current learning at DE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 12:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Philly takes their trenches very seriously. Bengals? not as much

I would argue that the Bengals do, at least to some extent.

The Bengals have a good amount of money spent across the 9 starting OL/DL spots currently.
They brought in Hendrickson, Reader, Hill, Cappa, Karras, and Orlando Brown from outside.
The only guys who were drafted by the Bengals were Jonah, Hubbard, and Volson.

The big thing for the Bengals when it comes to OL/DL is they don't:
A) Draft good enough talent
B) Don't have a good plan to develop/use that talent

As it stands right now, the team has been good at developing talent at DB (Anarumo's specialty), LB, QB, and WR.
Saying this out loud now does make me worried about the upcoming draft since they likely will (or should) be drafting at positions they haven't been very successful at lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 02:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would argue that the Bengals do, at least to some extent.

The Bengals have a good amount of money spent across the 9 starting OL/DL spots currently.
They brought in Hendrickson, Reader, Hill, Cappa, Karras, and Orlando Brown from outside.
The only guys who were drafted by the Bengals were Jonah, Hubbard, and Volson.

The big thing for the Bengals when it comes to OL/DL is they don't:
A) Draft good enough talent
B) Don't have a good plan to develop/use that talent

As it stands right now, the team has been good at developing talent at DB (Anarumo's specialty), LB, QB, and WR.
Saying this out loud now does make me worried about the upcoming draft since they likely will (or should) be drafting at positions they haven't been very successful at lol.

philly hits on their trench picks. They want to keep stacking 1st round talent all over the trenches. Bengals like "value" free agents and 4th round offensive linemen

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 03:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: philly hits on their trench picks. They want to keep stacking 1st round talent all over the trenches. Bengals like "value" free agents and 4th round offensive linemen

Bengals have 6th-highest cap going toward OL this year - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offensive-line/
They have 2nd-highest cap going toward DL this year - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defensive-line/

So it's not that they don't spend on the trenches, it's that they haven't been able to hit on draft picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 10:21 AM)J24 Wrote: Agreed- Particularly with Oassi and Sample. Both of those guys should be playing a ton of snaps.

Duke and Katie should be active during the trade deadline then.  
Andrew Billings would look good in stripes again as a backup NT.

BILLINGS!!! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 02:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: Murphy has flashed the high end athleticism he was scouted as having, and also shown what scouting said that he needs to learn more pass rush moves. TBH I’d be interested in giving him some snaps on the interior as well as his current learning at DE.

More Murphy and Sample would be nice if they are continuing to get better. Same with Ossai who might be finally healthy.

Ossai clearly has not been healthy this season yet.
Reply/Quote