Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DNA Testing at border for minors
This to me is a no brainer. Child trafficking is a major issue. It will be proposed if the adult accompanying a minor child does not have proof they are a parent they test the child and the adult DNA.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-congressman-proposes-dna-testing-determine-illegal-aliens-family-ties-minor

This should be an issue both sides of the aisle should pass. It is a way to deter child trafficking at the border. My concern is because Trump did it, Democrats will not get on board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
At who's expense?

If the government's, I have no issue with it.

If the immigrant's, then that would be tantamount to income checking parents fleeing their own country's instability and denying those that do not have the required payment and/or taking their children away from them.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 12:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: At who's expense?

If the government's, I have no issue with it.

If the immigrant's, then that would be tantamount to income checking parents fleeing their own country's instability and denying those that do not have the required payment and/or taking their children away from them.

I assume taxpayers are going to foot the bill and the politicians who support it will know someone who conveniently sells and/or administers DNA tests.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assume taxpayers are going to foot the bill and the politicians who support it will know someone who conveniently sells and/or administers DNA tests.

That's America :)
Reply/Quote
Other than possibly the cost issues, which I feel might actually save money in the long run, I'd say it's a great idea for a variety of reasons.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
DNA testing doesn't happen overnight. There has to be more to the plan than just taking the test

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 01:15 PM)pally Wrote: DNA testing doesn't happen overnight.  There has to be more to the plan than just taking the test

Very true.  I will say it is a bit amusing that we are proposing that we treat the border with the same levels of child verification that are applied to a Chuck E. Cheese.
Reply/Quote