Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNC emails
(07-26-2016, 10:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to admit, it is surprising to me how many Dems are just shrugging this off. I mean, I am the first one to say that I didn't really respect Bernie running with a D for POTUS when he is an I in Congress and think he shouldn't have been doing that. But the way the DNC did what they did is just downright foul.

Maybe they are just numb to all the accusations made by the GOP?  The little boy who cried wolf finally found a wolf and no one cares anymore.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-26-2016, 10:17 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, why are we quantifying these hypothetical candidates as average and limited in leadership or life experiences? I understand you're more pro-big business than I am, but you cant seriously think anyone outside of a CEO hasn't had leadership opportunities, life experiences or has an above average IQ?

I said none of that.  What I said was it's a leap from managing a few, even dozens, to hundreds and thousands.  It takes time, experience and learning from failings (and POTUS is NOT a "learn on the job" type of deal).  And probably the biggest thing is learning to delegate effectively, which again is very very different as you go from a handful of hourly workers, to managing entry level staff, to managing supervisors of staff, etc.

I think it's an absolutely bizarre assertion to say someone who would make a good POTUS would be toiling away in mediocrity and not advancing in their career.  You're talking about potential - and I'm dismissing that because the job requires proven ability demonstrating more than potential, but results. That middle manager, who could be a rising star, has only demonstrated potential and not a track record of big results we're talking is needed here.
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-26-2016, 10:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe they are just numb to all the accusations made by the GOP?  The little boy who cried wolf finally found a wolf and no one cares anymore.

So, even what the Dem's do is the Rep's fault.  Interesting.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-26-2016, 11:25 PM)McC Wrote: So, even what the Dem's do is the Rep's fault.  Interesting.

I could have not told somebody what to say that would have proved my point more. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-26-2016, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Believe me, I would take 2 terms of Hills over one term of The Bern. I just cannot imagine how a true Bernie Supporter that gave his or her time and money to support him must feel. You cannot go Trump, Green and Libertarian parties are irrelevant, and Hills took advantage of a policy (we'll pretend she wasn't aware of it) that robbed your Candidate of a fair shake.

#feelthejohnson

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(07-26-2016, 11:25 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I said none of that.  What I said was it's a leap from managing a few, even dozens, to hundreds and thousands.  It takes time, experience and learning from failings (and POTUS is NOT a "learn on the job" type of deal).  And probably the biggest thing is learning to delegate effectively, which again is very very different as you go from a handful of hourly workers, to managing entry level staff, to managing supervisors of staff, etc.

I think it's an absolutely bizarre assertion to say someone who would make a good POTUS would be toiling away in mediocrity and not advancing in their career.  You're talking about potential - and I'm dismissing that because the job requires proven ability demonstrating more than potential, but results.  That middle manager, who could be a rising star, has only demonstrated potential and not a track record of big results we're talking is needed here.

Eh, that's not what I said, but I don't see the need to go back and forth on it. 
(07-26-2016, 11:25 PM)McC Wrote: So, even what the Dem's do is the Rep's fault.  Interesting.

So even when they investigate Hillary Clinton for 30 years and get nothing on her, hen they finally DO have something they can at least connect her too the effect isn't the same.

That's not "blaming" the republicans for the hacking or the fallout (or lack thereof).  It's an attempt to guess why the general public hasn't cared as much as some would like them to.

(07-26-2016, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I could have not told somebody what to say that would have proved my point more. 

But at least you allowed Larry to passively-aggressively "not respond" to me again.  Smirk
Donor activities released:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/leaked-recordings-dnc-shown-controlling-donor-access-110606706--abc-news-topstories.html

Quote:There are emails that describe a donor angling for seats next to Obama at a roundtable discussion and one about assigning seats for donors at a White House state dinner. In one, a major contributor from Maryland who had cancer was bumped from a seat next to the president because another, more prolific giver was attending the same event.

“A lot of people unfortunately get sick,” wrote finance director Jordan Kaplan, who oversees DNC fundraising and was the writer of hundreds of the leaked emails.

He told ABC News this week he was “embarrassed” to see the internal communication exposed to the world.

“It was conversation we were having amongst our team, and again, I’m sorry people have read them, and I’m embarrassed it’s out there,” Kaplan said.

In emails, he asked finance staffers to compile a list of high-dollar donors who wanted to play golf with Obama. A draft of the list of presidential golf partners is among the hacked documents.

(07-27-2016, 05:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Donor activities released:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/leaked-recordings-dnc-shown-controlling-donor-access-110606706--abc-news-topstories.html

At least they are focused on the really important things.  Nice to know how committed the administration is to the people.  Well...some of the people...a few of the people.

What about the everybody's equal leg of the Democratic party?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(07-27-2016, 08:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: So even when they investigate Hillary Clinton for 30 years and get nothing on her, hen they finally DO have something they can at least connect her too the effect isn't the same.

That's not "blaming" the republicans for the hacking or the fallout (or lack thereof).  It's an attempt to guess why the general public hasn't cared as much as some would like them to.

But at least you allowed Larry to passively-aggressively "not respond" to me again.  Smirk

Don't fall down backing off.

(07-27-2016, 06:03 PM)McC Wrote: Don't fall down backing off.

Don't hurt yourself spinning out of being wrong.  ThumbsUp
https://www.yahoo.com/news/assange-wikileaks-more-hillary-clinton-000000028.html

Quote:“We have more material related to the Hillary Clinton campaign,” Assange told CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Friday night from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where the 45-year-old Australia native has been living in exile for several years. “That is correct to say that.”

Assange said he has no interest in tipping the U.S. election in favor of any candidate, including Trump. But it’s clear Assange did not appreciate the Clinton campaign’s response to the publication of the DNC emails.

“In order to divert attention from proof that we published that the Sanders campaign was subverted within the DNC,” Assange said on NBC, “the Clinton campaign tries to take attention away from a very serious domestic allegation about election interference and try and bring in foreign policy.”

The last part are my exact thoughts on the matter

(07-27-2016, 06:00 PM)McC Wrote: At least they are focused on the really important things.  Nice to know how committed the administration is to the people.  Well...some of the people...a few of the people.

What about the everybody's equal leg of the Democratic party?

I don't really understand your point here?

Bigger donors get better seats when it comes to fundraising.  That is the way it works everywhere.  even with Republicans.

So what is your point again?
(07-31-2016, 05:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't really understand your point here?

Bigger donors get better seats when it comes to fundraising.  That is the way it works everywhere.  even with Republicans.

The point is obvious.  If you're too dense to get it, I don't know what you expect me to do about it.

(07-31-2016, 05:37 PM)McC Wrote: The point is obvious.  If you're too dense to get it, I don't know what you expect me to do about it.

Ah, I see, you don't understand how fundraising works with political parties.
(07-31-2016, 05:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't really understand your point here?

Democrats are bad...Republicans are good.

What ever the democrats do is worse than what the republicans do because they are democrats.

Just like when my good, Christian friends tell me they can't support Clinton or Johnson because they are pro-choice.

But they support Trump because...he is not Clinton.
(07-31-2016, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ah, I see, you don't understand how fundraising works with political parties.

Knowing how it works doesn't make it any less heinous or the people involved any less hypocritical.

(07-31-2016, 05:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: Democrats are bad...Republicans are good.

What ever the democrats do is worse than what the republicans do because they are democrats.

Just like when my good, Christian friends tell me they can't support Clinton or Johnson because they are pro-choice.

But they support Trump because...he is not Clinton.

The thread is about the Democrats.  You're the one bringing Rep's into it.

(07-25-2016, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What makes you think they prefer Trump?

Because Trump is pretty much the only western politician that agrees with Russia that Crimea was not part of the Ukraine.

Plus Trump wants to cut off our support to NATO countries.

Trump is Russia's dream President.
(08-01-2016, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because Trump is pretty much the only western politician that agrees with Russia that Crimea was not part of the Ukraine.

Plus Trump wants to cut off our support to NATO countries.

Trump is Russia's dream President.

Well you should be a big fan of IS. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/islamic-state-calls-members-carry-jihad-russia-213245956.html

Quote:Islamic State called on its group members to carry out jihad in Russia in a nine-minute YouTube video on Sunday.
Quote:"Listen Putin, we will come to Russia and will kill you at your homes ... Oh Brothers, carry out jihad and kill and fight them," a masked man driving a car in the desert yelled while wagging his finger in the last couple of minutes of the video.