Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
DNC paid Biden legal fees for special counsel investigation.
Many in this forum attacked Trump for using campaign funds to pay legal fee.

Well Pot meet Kettle.

Axios reporting Biden's legal fees were paid by the DNC campaign funds.

I can't wait to hear the spin from those on this board who have whined for months about Trump using campaign fund to pay his legal fees.

The Biden campaign also has attacked Trump, now we know the hypocrisy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 01:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Many in this forum attacked Trump for using campaign funds to pay legal fee.

Well Pot meet Kettle.

Axios reporting Biden's legal fees were paid by the DNC campaign funds.

I can't wait to hear the spin from those on this board who have whined for months about Trump using campaign fund to pay his legal fees.

The Biden campaign also has attacked Trump, now we know the hypocrisy.

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/12/dnc-covered-biden-legal-bills-special-counsel-probe

Quote:Zoom in: The Biden team increasingly has attacked Trump for using campaign donations to pay for his myriad legal fights.

• Last weekend, the Biden campaign's finance chair said on MSNBC that "every single time you give to the campaign, we're going straight to talk to voters…We are not spending money on legal bills or hawking gold sneakers," a reference to Trump.
  • A deputy campaign manager for Biden called a recent glitzy fundraiser for Trump "a handful of billionaires figuring out how to pay his legal bills."
  • Asked about Biden's use of the DNC to pay his legal bills, DNC spokesperson Alex Floyd told Axios: "There is no comparison — the DNC does not spend a single penny of grassroots donors' money on legal bills — unlike Donald Trump, who actively solicits legal fees from his supporters and has drawn down every bank account he can get his hands on, like a personal piggy bank."

Reality check: Trump almost certainly has spent many times more of his campaign money on legal fees, in response to the criminal and civil investigations into his actions on Jan. 6, an alleged sexual assault, his real estate businesses and his own handling of classified documents.

• Trump has faced $100 million in legal bills since he left office, according to a recent tally by The New York Times.
The intrigue: After the Justice Department appointed Hur as special counsel in Biden's documents case in January 2023, Biden officials debated whether to have the DNC cover the legal costs, according to a person familiar with the matter.

• That was after the DNC had mocked the RNC for picking up some of Trump's legal tab.
  • In 2021 when the RNC began paying some of Trump's expenses stemming from the state civil fraud probe into Trump's real estate empire, a DNC spokesperson told The New York Times: "If we were the RNC's donors, we would certainly be asking questions."
Since Trump became a presidential candidate in 2022, his legal bills have been paid from campaign donations he's diverted to the Save America PAC, which has a maximum donation limit of $5,000 — much lower than the RNC's.
  • Donations to Trump's campaign are filtered to the PAC before the RNC gets a cut.
  • Trump's campaign has told RNC members that committee funds will not go to the legal fees.

Not a good look for sure given their statements on Trump.

Again, when the Biden family is running the DNC and everything the collect is being funneled through him first you'll have an argument.

Trump IS the republican party.  He controls what they do and all their money.  Biden is a member of his party and as POTUS he gets handled that way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 01:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.axios.com/2024/04/12/dnc-covered-biden-legal-bills-special-counsel-probe

Not a good look for sure given their statements on Trump.

Again, when the Biden family is running the DNC and everything the collect is being funneled through him first you'll have an argument.

Trump IS the republican party.  He controls what they do and all their money.  Biden is a member of his party and as POTUS he gets handled that way.

Sounds like a lot of BS on your part. The Biden campaign mocked Trump but did the exact same thing. The dollar amount is not relevant. They lied once again and got caught. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 02:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sounds like a lot of BS on your part. The Biden campaign mocked Trump but did the exact same thing. The dollar amount is not relevant. They lied once again and got caught. 

I said not a good look.

Also, not the same thing.

"BS"
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: I said not a good look.

Also, not the same thing.

"BS"

It's the exact same thing in Principle. Just different actors. 

Ease up, your DTS is in high gear.
Reply/Quote
Not surprising. I didn't say much when Trump was getting his fees paid by political donations. It was so publicly done that if there was anything illegal about it he would've been cooked. Honestly, this is why I don't do political donations. I hate how they operate so I refuse to take part in that process. I will never give to a campaign, I will never buy anything with a candidate's name on it, I want nothing to so with it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 04:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's the exact same thing in Principle. Just different actors. 

Ease up, your DTS is in high gear.

"BOTH SIDES!!! BOTH SIDESSS!11!1!!"

Smirk

You guys are too much.  I said it looks bad.  then explained that it was different than Trump and his family completely controlling the money for the RNC.

But you can't NOT defend him by attacking whoever speaks the truth about him.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 05:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not surprising. I didn't say much when Trump was getting his fees paid by political donations. It was so publicly done that if there was anything illegal about it he would've been cooked. Honestly, this is why I don't do political donations. I hate how they operate so I refuse to take part in that process. I will never give to a campaign, I will never buy anything with a candidate's name on it, I want nothing to so with it.

I vaguely remember contributing to a politician once.  I honestly can't remember who it was.  Was like $5.00.

I've had signs in my yard...they were free.

Although I disagree that just because they publicly said they were doing it that it means Trump didn't do something crooked.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 05:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: I vaguely remember contributing to a politician once.  I honestly can't remember who it was.  Was like $5.00.

I've had signs in my yard...they were free.

Although I disagree that just because they publicly said they were doing it that it means Trump didn't do something crooked.  Ninja

Only idiots give politicians or PAC's money.  Better to go out back in your yard and have a bonfire with it.  At least then you get some warmth.
Reply/Quote
I would never give any politician any amount of money.

Knowingly anyhow....
Reply/Quote
*raises hand*

I also have never given a dime to a politician.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I have given to politicians. Most were Republican but have given to local democrats in state elections and also gave to Ted Strickland.

I also voted for Bill Clinton and Obama once in 2008.

I don't remember ever saying it was an issue Trump's legal fees were paid out of his campaign. In fact, as I said prior, I donated specifically to help Trump with the persecution from Biden's DOJ.

I view Trump's legal issues as election interference. Democrats want him in jail, broke and off the ballot. It did not work for them, and the freak out has begun. James Carver needs meds to calm him down. Democrats are flocking to Trump or RFK Jr.

Let's hope Biden can stay out of a war in next 8 months until Trump comes in to fix Biden's foreign policy.

Reply/Quote
Doesn’t change a thing. I’m still rooting for Trump to run the RNC like one of his businesses and the end result being bankruptcy.

Now if Biden was claiming to be a billionaire and was a major scumbag who had like 91 felony indictments… I’d be pissed if he was sucking all the money out of the political party I support.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 09:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Doesn’t change a thing. I’m still rooting for Trump to run the RNC like one of his businesses and the end result being bankruptcy.

Now if Biden was claiming to be a billionaire and was a major scumbag who had like 91 felony indictments… I’d be pissed if he was sucking all the money out of the political party I support.

It'd be better to just have a Person running that didn't have to use campaign money for anything other than campaigning. 
Strange concept these days.

I remember when people used to complain about the expensive clothes (Suits) people used to buy with campaign money... The good ol' days.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 09:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Doesn’t change a thing. I’m still rooting for Trump to run the RNC like one of his businesses and the end result being bankruptcy.

I am rooting for DNC to keep Joe and giggles (maybe Marvin Lewis relative) Harris to run against Trump. 

Biden's base has dropped like a rock, the corrupt cheating Democrats won't be able to steal enough votes to win in November. 

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 12:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am rooting for DNC to keep Joe and giggles (maybe Marvin Lewis relative) Harris to run against Trump. 

Biden's base has dropped like a rock, the corrupt cheating Democrats won't be able to steal enough votes to win in November. 

You’re so funny

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 07:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have given to politicians. Most were Republican but have given to local democrats in state elections and also gave to Ted Strickland.

I also voted for Bill Clinton and Obama once in 2008.

I don't remember ever saying it was an issue Trump's legal fees were paid out of his campaign. In fact, as I said prior, I donated specifically to help Trump with the persecution from Biden's DOJ.

I view Trump's legal issues as election interference. Democrats want him in jail, broke and off the ballot. It did not work for them, and the freak out has begun. James Carver needs meds to calm him down. Democrats are flocking to Trump or RFK Jr.

Let's hope Biden can stay out of a war in next 8 months until Trump comes in to fix Biden's foreign policy.

Reply/Quote
To be clear, the DNC paid at least 1.5 million for Biden's legal fees. Where is the media bashing the DNC and Biden, where are Democrats?

Why would the Biden campaign attack Trump while they were doing the exact same thing?

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 01:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To be clear, the DNC paid at least 1.5 million for Biden's legal fees. Where is the media bashing the DNC and Biden, where are Democrats?

Why would the Biden campaign attack Trump while they were doing the exact same thing?

Because... Media
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 02:27 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Because... Media

Yet there are multiple MEDIA stories about it.

Weird.
Reply/Quote