Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNC wants a taxpayer bailout to fund convention
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/13/dnc-craves-tax-dollars-for-convention/

Unable to copy it ATM.  If someone else can it would be appreciated.  

DWS wants 20 Million from the taxpayers to hold the DNC convention.  

Sorry but I they can't fundraise this then they best scale it down to what they can afford .  Maybe this would allow an outside party to get some traction.
Quote:Already struggling with finances, the Democratic Party has drafted a plan to have taxpayers help pay about $20 million for next summer’s nominating convention, reversing a change Congress approved just a year ago.

Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who is also a congresswoman from Florida, has drafted a bill to restore money that both parties used to receive from the federal government to help defray the costs of running their quadrennial conventions .

The Congressional Budget Office revealed the move in a letter released Friday, which said Ms. Wasserman Schultz’s proposal to tap a presidential campaign fund would likely mean each party could get about $20 million in taxpayer money to help with costs .

Up until last year, each party got the same amount of money for their conventions. She is looking to bring it back.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-14-2015, 04:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/13/dnc-craves-tax-dollars-for-convention/

Unable to copy it ATM.  If someone else can it would be appreciated.  

DWS wants 20 Million from the taxpayers to hold the DNC convention.  

Sorry but I they can't fundraise this then they best scale it down to what they can afford .  Maybe this would allow an outside party to get some traction.

It won't, but I agree. National conventions should be paid for by the parties, not tax money. I think the only issue here would be if Congress made the change last year at a time when it knew it would be flush and the Dems would not. If so, then that's not ok. They should have been given a period of warning. And no, a year isn't really long enough when you're talking about tens of millions of dollars in fundraising.
(12-14-2015, 04:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Up until last year, each party got the same amount of money for their conventions. She is looking to bring it back.

The GOP said they don't want taxpayers paying for it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Lucy. You can't form complete sentences, regularly misspell words and often refuse to read the very articles you post.

What form of authority do you believe you hold on these boards at this point?
(12-14-2015, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The GOP said they don't want taxpayers paying for it.

Rightfully so. If the DNC can't afford it, maybe they need to be a little less theatric about it. That or negotiate tax credits with the host city. 

Didn't know we use to pay for part of these. That's ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-14-2015, 05:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn't know we use to pay for part of these.  That's ridiculous.

The other option is private / corporate funding.  I'd personally take fully federally funded elections over the well tainting process we currently have in place.
(12-14-2015, 05:02 PM)Benton Wrote: It won't, but I agree. National conventions should be paid for by the parties, not tax money. I think the only issue here would be if Congress made the change last year at a time when it knew it would be flush and the Dems would not. If so, then that's not ok. They should have been given a period of warning. And no, a year isn't really long enough when you're talking about tens of millions of dollars in fundraising.

There will always be an excuse to stop this. They need to just do it like a bandaid. We don't need to be funding either. Plenty of democrat boosters than can throw 20 million their way. Call soros.

If the Dems cut this in 2011 and the GOP was begging for tax payer money I would also be posting this.
(12-14-2015, 05:05 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Lucy.  You can't form complete sentences, regularly misspell words and often refuse to read the very articles you post.

What form of authority do you believe you hold on these boards at this point?

The fact that my very existence on these boards bothers you is all the authority I need. Maybe you should try and open yourself up to others opinions instead of trying your usual attempt to bully or shame.

Or you know..... Skip the threads you do not like or do not wish to discuss. The rest of us do that just fine.
(12-14-2015, 05:52 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The other option is private / corporate funding.  I'd personally take fully federally funded elections over the well tainting process we currently have in place.

It's not an election.  It's a look at me party, and there is no reason we should pay for their private events.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-14-2015, 05:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn't know we use to pay for part of these.  That's ridiculous.
I think it 2012 both Romney and Obama declined the money
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-14-2015, 06:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The fact that my very existence on these boards bothers you is all the authority I need.   Maybe you should try and open yourself up to others opinions instead of trying your usual attempt to bully or shame.    

Or you know..... Skip the threads you do not like or do not wish to discuss.    The rest of us do that just fine.

1.  Acting like a troll does not command respect.
2.  You sure pull the bully card an awful lot for someone who purports to be a Type A and calls others soft for wearing pastels.
3.  I'm merely pointing out that the way you present yourself is sloppy.  Why would I respect the opinion of someone who cannot respect the form of the discussion itself?  That is, after all, the way we do it in 'the west'.  
4.  If you don't like me calling out your intellectual shortcomings, try harder.
(12-14-2015, 06:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It's not an election.  It's a look at me party, and there is no reason we should pay for their private events.

Good point.  
(12-14-2015, 07:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it 2012 both Romney and Obama declined the money

If I'm not mistaken, they declined the Presidential Campaign Fund. Which is a different pot of money, and the one Wasserman was saying they should tap into, since candidates don't use the money as it has strings attached.
(12-14-2015, 07:50 PM)Benton Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, they declined the Presidential Campaign Fund. Which is a different pot of money, and the one Wasserman was saying they should tap into, since candidates don't use the money as it has strings attached.

Yeah I think they use it for the primaries and then decline for the general election because they can do much better with private funds and have more freedom.  Or something close to that.

They should get sponsors like Nascar. Hang some Redbull or Monster Energy Drink banners.

(12-14-2015, 10:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They should get sponsors like Nascar. Hang some Redbull or Monster Energy Drink banners.

This would be awesome lol
(12-14-2015, 07:21 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: 1.  Acting like a troll does not command respect.
2.  You sure pull the bully card an awful lot for someone who purports to be a Type A and calls others soft for wearing pastels.
3.  I'm merely pointing out that the way you present yourself is sloppy.  Why would I respect the opinion of someone who cannot respect the form of the discussion itself?  That is, after all, the way we do it in 'the west'.  
4.  If you don't like me calling out your intellectual shortcomings, try harder.

Hey if you want to waste your time critiquing me then that's on you.

My presentation is just fine. It sure invokes a response from you.

As far as you thinking I am a bully .... Haha .... Ok man.

It's funny how sensitive you take my posts.
(12-14-2015, 06:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe you should try and open yourself up to others opinions instead of trying your usual attempt to bully or shame.    

(12-14-2015, 07:21 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: 2.  You sure pull the bully card an awful lot for someone who purports to be a Type A and calls others soft for wearing pastels.

(12-15-2015, 01:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:
As far as you thinking I am a bully .... Haha .... Ok man.  

It's funny how sensitive you take my posts.

This is really difficult for you, isn't it?