Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DR1441 mock 4/11/17
I really like this mock, but we need a Center, love Asiata, hopefully he can learn to play there cause if he
could this would be a great draft. Love the Allen, McMillan, Asiata, Butt picks but i bet Perine goes in the
3rd hopefully to us. Perine is a very good RB, people should be liking him better than Foreman who is a
great athlete but he needs to learn to pick up the blitz.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 10:26 AM)dr1441 Wrote: I'd be interested in hearing what starting spots you think would even be open for a rookie to come in and take. O-lineman, DE, and maybe LB might be the only positions on the field that a rookie could start this year. Outside of that, I don't see how a rookie comes in and starts with the talent ahead of him. Even a rookie WR would struggle, even if taken at 9, to see a ton of production on the field this season. 

Sorry, I know I sounded like a prick. The problem I have with your draft is it seems you gave up on trying to pick a impact or starting player too early. I know this is all pointless anyway with the way Marvin sits rookies but, for example in the 3rd with Jones, that's still high enough to get a RB that can start right away (no matter what Hill Says). In the 2nd there are sure to be good Centers still on the board that could compete for the starting job. Compete... that's what it's all about. We still have to draft players with the mindset that they are going to be not just the future but the now. Especially in the first 4 rounds. I just this we have too many holes to fill this season to select rotational or luxury future picks for a year or two down the road. We have several starters that are just average at best.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 01:35 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Sorry, I know I sounded like a prick. The problem I have with your draft is it seems you gave up on trying to pick a impact or starting player too early. I know this is all pointless anyway with the way Marvin sits rookies but, for example in the 3rd with Jones, that's still high enough to get a RB that can start right away (no matter what Hill Says). In the 2nd there are sure to be good Centers still on the board that could compete for the starting job. Compete... that's what it's all about. We still have to draft players with the mindset that they are going to be not just the future but the now. Especially in the first 4 rounds. I just this we have too many holes to fill this season to select rotational or luxury future picks for a year or two down the road. We have several starters that are just average at best.

I'd like to think that this would be the way this football team works but history has repeatedly shown, I'm not sure that your theory that these guys will play much. 
Reply/Quote