Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DROP NAQUIN IN FANTASY
Yes, he has a lot of points early on, but not lately. Once Winker came back, Bell has no intention of playing him. Aquino jacked some homers early, Bell has no intention of playing him either. Few would have Aquion, but many probably added Naquin while starting leading MLB in Homers and RBI's. Dump him, because Bell has his place on the bench all year.

Plus, in Fantasy, as in real baseball, you have to be like Lou Piniella. Get me Pitching, Pitching and more Pitching.

Having watched a little of movie Moneyball again, I think Oakland GM forced with lowest budget in baseball could go another direction. Trade for low priced players like Naquin and Aquino that no matter what they do, their managers have no intention of playing them. If they hit 4 homers in a game, they are still just bench players. A Moneyball small market team would do well to look at every team and good players managers refuse to play because they are not the Teachers Pet. The movie is wrong on never stealing and that is too old fashioned white baseball, The Negro Leagues stole many bases and brought that to MLB right away with Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays. Sparky Anderson even loved The Double Steal. Stealing bases is good. Movie is wrong on another point. Small market team not winning World Series does not mean lousy season. If a small market team is competitive up to All Star break and beyond, and gives Fans a good Spring and Summer, don't over worry games played at Halloween when most Fans have stopped watching baseball season for other things.

Right now if a Moneyball low budget team could get Reds to trade Naquin and Aquino who they will never play, some other team could play them and get 30 Homers each out of them, or more. If played every day, each would jack 30 or more homers. OBP is good, but you need the RBI guys also. A Moneyball small market team could find low cost OBP Table Setters, but also Homer RBI guys that a manager like Bell refuses to play. Looking across MLB for players who just don't fit teams Teachers Pet system could be steals at low market value. Pitching is another story, teams rear ends pucker up over trading anybody that can pitch. A small market team that in minors focuses on Pitching and Defense could always find hitters like Naquin or Aquino who are not a teams Teachers Pets, but would help a small market team. Steal some low price OBP Table Setters and some low price RBI Middle of Batting Order and you got a nice team.

So dropping Naquin in Fantasy is the only move now. Reds have no plans of giving him solid playing time. Drop Naquin and add Pitching to Fantasy Teams. This is what Reds should do. Trade Naquin and Aquino and see if they can get pitching. It is clear they do not intend to ever play Naquin or Aquino who are hitting the long ball better than some MLB High Paid Super Stars. I dropped Naquin on all my teams and added pitching, because the poor slob just isn't Bells Teachers Pet. Even if he does have a great swing and gets those Popeye arms stepping into the ball ripping the cover off the ball, Bell isn't going to play him much. Bell is set on Castellanos, Senzel and Winker and the other outfielders don't have a chance. So dump Naquin and add pitching to your Fantasy Teams, and Reds should trade some of these outfielders they never plan to use for Pitching also.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Lol... "Bell has no intention of playing him."
*Checks his game log.* ....yeah, in the 8 games since Winker came back, Naquin has started 5 of them, including starting today.

"Each would jack 30 or more homer."
*Checks Naquin's career stats.* ...yeah, Naquin is 30 years old and has 36 *career* HR. He hasn't had more than 10 HR in a season since 2016 when he set his career high with 14. He's never going to hit 30 HR in a season.

How did you manage to make a giant essay post over absolutely nothing and still be so wrong? Probably still drop Naquin though, simply because he's regressing back to what he is. He's been 4-20 over his last 5 starts, including 1-12 over his last 3.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Started 6 of the last 9 now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Reds ARE a small market, low budget team.. What is this guy talking about??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote