[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

I forgot he didn't get a normal rookie-length contract because he was released and brought back onto PS.
I wonder how much him being drafted last year and brought back would impact this upcoming draft regarding DT depth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't know the ins and outs of NFL business. Why would they need to do this if they'd already drafted him?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:41 PM)Shady Wrote: I don't know the ins and outs of NFL business. Why would they need to do this if they'd already drafted him?

That was exactly what I was thinking.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That was exactly what I was thinking.

was he released due to injury settlement?  I don't know
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: was he released due to injury settlement?  I don't know

He was on the practice squad. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: He was on the practice squad. 

Indeed; PS guys need to be signed to Futures COntracts.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I forgot he didn't get a normal rookie-length contract because he was released and brought back onto PS.
I wonder how much him being drafted last year and brought back would impact this upcoming draft regarding DT depth.

Bengals haven't been shy about grabbing a high ranked guy at a position we don't really need if hes there.

With all the injuries this year if we brought back all the DTs that played 1 snap for us I think we have decent competition.   Some of the young guys late in the season were playing hard.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals haven't been shy about grabbing a high ranked guy at a position we don't really need if hes there.

With all the injuries this year if we brought back all the DTs that played 1 snap for us I think we have decent competition.   Some of the young guys late in the season were playing hard.
Ringo looked pretty decent.

Brown has talent too. I think Billings just needs to get in better shape as McC said in the other thread and Glasgow needs to stay healthy and we are pretty good at DT. But i might be in the minority on this one.

Still think LB'er is our biggest weakness on Defense. If all teams have to do is check it down and our Linebackers cannot tackle it is easy peasy. Doesn't matter how good our D-line is.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ringo looked pretty decent.

Brown has talent too. I think Billings just needs to get in better shape as McC said in the other thread and Glasgow needs to stay healthy and we are pretty good at DT. But i might be in the minority on this one.

Still think LB'er is our biggest weakness on Defense. If all teams have to do is check it down and our Linebackers cannot tackle it is easy peasy. Doesn't matter how good our D-line is.

also thought Washington was doing well...

But yes our DL and DBs are pretty decent we gotta sure up the middle of the Defense..  a Healthy Vigil will help but we probly have lost Burfict or at least need to put him on the Eifert Level of nice to have but not expected....
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ringo looked pretty decent.

I know that I was screaming about NT a good bit earlier this season, but I'm not nearly as concerned as I once was.  Billings seemed to settle down and show some growth, Ringo has made quite an impact in his action with the team, Glassgow hopefully is rehabbing well.  In fact, I had forgotten all about Andrew Brown, until I saw this thread.  Combine whomever emerges from those position battles with Carl Lawson returning healthy, Sam Hubbard having a full year of experience under his belt, and Carlos and Geno continuing to do what they do best the DL should return to being a formidable force.

Heading into '19, the battle for the interior spots on the DL should be quite competitive.  If they can do the LB position justice through the draft and free agency, this defense could bounce back to playing like we've come to expect.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: also thought Washington was doing well...

But yes our DL and DBs are pretty decent we gotta sure up the middle of the Defense..  a Healthy Vigil will help but we probly have lost Burfict or at least need to put him on the Eifert Level of nice to have but not expected....

Vigil's okay as your third best LB.  If he's your best, you are screwed, as we witnessed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: also thought Washington was doing well...

Adolphus isn't bad either. I agree on Burfict, would be a bad idea to just completely give up on the guy. Maybe another conditional one year contract or something like we gave Eifert this last year.

Vigil was much better than i thought he would be once he got healthy.

(01-02-2019, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know that I was screaming about NT a good bit earlier this season, but I'm not nearly as concerned as I once was.  Billings seemed to settle down and show some growth, Ringo has made quite an impact in his action with the team, Glassgow hopefully is rehabbing well.  In fact, I had forgotten all about Andrew Brown, until I saw this thread.  Combine whomever emerges from those position battles with Carl Lawson returning healthy, Sam Hubbard having a full year of experience under his belt, and Carlos and Geno continuing to do what they do best the DL should return to being a formidable force.

Heading into '19, the battle for the interior spots on the DL should be quite competitive.  If they can do the LB position justice through the draft and free agency, this defense could bounce back to playing like we've come to expect.

Yeah, still think we have a lot of talent on Defense and that the coaching has been the biggest problem. Think we should move on from every one of these Defensive coaches including Burney.

A new Linebacker coach that actually knows how to put his players in position, tackle and cover would do wonders.

(01-02-2019, 08:13 PM)McC Wrote: Vigil's okay as your third best LB.  If he's your best, you are screwed, as we witnessed.

I don't know, i used to not like Vigil and even did not like the pick but once he finally got healthy and started to learn how to tackle he impressed me a bit. A lot more than i thought he would.

But yes, need to add a couple playmaking Linebackers for sure.

Think Vigil plays best at WILL from what i have seen. SAM not so much.
Reply/Quote
The DL should be fine linebackers are terrible and the DB were a disappointment this year.
Reply/Quote
I think some of the signings you’re seeing around the NFL are also due to the structure of AAF (Alliance of American Football) contracts. Any player that does not make a team can be scouted and offered by the AAF. My understanding is if a player signs with the AAF there is an “NFL outs” clause, meaning if the player gets “called up” by any NFL team, they are welcome to accept it and leave the AAF. Because of this teams are making moves for players so that they hold exclusive rights to them. So this could be posturing due to that.

Reply/Quote
The issue at LB was not Vigil. It was that the other "linebackers" we trotted out there were just horrible to the point where it was like not having anyone out there. We need two legit starter quality LBers in the worst way. Alas we also need a starter quality OT and OG as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:08 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I think some of the signings you’re seeing around the NFL are also due to the structure of AAF (Alliance of American Football) contracts. Any player that does not make a team can be scouted and offered by the AAF. My understanding is if a player signs with the AAF there is an “NFL outs” clause, meaning if the player gets “called up” by any NFL team, they are welcome to accept it and leave the AAF. Because of this teams are making moves for players so that they hold exclusive rights to them. So this could be posturing due to that.
futures contracts just mean the guy has agreed to come to our camp next year.

When your cut and put on PS you no longer have your 4 year contract and get a new PS contract.   So after each year the PS players are basically free agents and can sign where ever they want.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: The issue at LB was not Vigil. It was that the other "linebackers" we trotted out there were just horrible to the point where it was like not having anyone out there. We need two legit starter quality LBers in the worst way. Alas we also need a starter quality OT and OG as well.

Every time they showed Vigil against the Steelers he was chasing a rb who just caught a pass against him or they showed him getting blocked n rb running by him. From what I’ve seen Vigil is not starting material in the NFL. We need 2 new starters at he very least.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: The issue at LB was not Vigil. It was that the other "linebackers" we trotted out there were just horrible to the point where it was like not having anyone out there. We need two legit starter quality LBers in the worst way. Alas we also need a starter quality OT and OG as well.

100% agree, I will probably be screaming to draft Devin White, and sign Anthony Barr all offseason. I am so tired of seeing our LBers getting outrun by everyone.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:08 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I think some of the signings you’re seeing around the NFL are also due to the structure of AAF (Alliance of American Football) contracts. Any player that does not make a team can be scouted and offered by the AAF. My understanding is if a player signs with the AAF there is an “NFL outs” clause, meaning if the player gets “called up” by any NFL team, they are welcome to accept it and leave the AAF. Because of this teams are making moves for players so that they hold exclusive rights to them. So this could be posturing due to that.

Good stuff, I was completely unaware of how the AAF was going to co-mingle with the NFL.  Thanks for sharing!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote