Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DT Jarran Reed
Seahawk player Jarran Reed sent a tweet thanking the fans and saying its official tomorrow at 1. The assumption is that he is being cut. But until 4PM tomorrow there is always a chance he could get traded. He had 6.5 sacks and 14 OB hits.

It was a contract issue...he wanted a long term deal but they gave the money to re-signing Cedric Ogbuehi instead.

Sounds like someone worth taking a long look at

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Why the F would any team waste money on oogieboogie?
Reply/Quote
Interior Pass Rusher is exactly what the Bengals are looking for but how much does Reed want if he's forcing his way out of a 2year 23 mil contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 08:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Why the F would any team waste money on oogieboogie?

And uses money that could have been spent on this guy. What does that say about Reed.

I liked Reed coming out, so I'd be fine with a flyer on him. I don't see the Bengals adding another DT, but if no DE is on the table maybe. We see they are still looking to add to the line. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 09:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: And uses money that could have been spent on this guy. What does that say about Reed.

I liked Reed coming out, so I'd be fine with a flyer on him. I don't see the Bengals adding another DT, but if no DE is on the table maybe. We see they are still looking to add to the line. 

They were in on Rankins so maybe could be in on Reed. Cost will determine that.
Reply/Quote
Seahawks re-signing Carlos Dunlap 2 years $16.6 million $8.5 GTD

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 08:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Why the F would any team waste money on oogieboogie?

He's actually been a solid backup swing T since leaving here.  
Reply/Quote
I'm mixed on whether I'd want them to sign Reed. It all comes down to length of his contract and how much of the cap the Bengals want allocated to DL. He's going to command $7M+ a year, possibly $10M+. If that prevents extending Hubbard, I'd rather they pass or keep it short-term.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 10:48 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm mixed on whether I'd want them to sign Reed. It all comes down to length of his contract and how much of the cap the Bengals want allocated to DL. He's going to command $7M+ a year, possibly $10M+. If that prevents extending Hubbard, I'd rather they pass or keep it short-term.

Id take him over what Hubbard brings....this would give us a very talented DT rotation and we can always add edge guys in draft.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 12:05 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Id take him over what Hubbard brings....this would give us a very talented DT rotation and we can always add edge guys in draft.  

With Hubbard playing with one arm last year, I'll have to wait a year to decide if I agree with you on Hubbard's expendability. Seems as if the coaching staff considers Hubbard one of the leaders on defense and would want to retain him. 

I agree that DT rotation with Reed would be sick. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 12:05 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Id take him over what Hubbard brings....this would give us a very talented DT rotation and we can always add edge guys in draft.  

You are nuts Kali. Hubbard was the best run stopping End in the NFL last season while playing with only one arm as Schmitbuck said.

I would like Reed in here BTW. We need another interior pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
I actually like a 3-4 look of Hendrickson, Reed, Reader, Ogunjobi, Hubbard across the front. Hubbard can play SAM and drop so you get some versatility there.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are nuts Kali. Hubbard was the best run stopping End in the NFL last season while playing with only one arm as Schmitbuck said.

I would like Reed in here BTW. We need another interior pass rusher.

Don't get me wrong.....I think Hubbard is a solid guy, plays hard ..all that and a class act to boot but its hard to find DTs that can stuff run and also get some sacks for you and when I have watched the Seahawks over he yrs this guy always flashed in games in my mind...more then Hubbard has for me. Just my personal opinion from my vantage point and not factoring in PFF ratings like everyone likes to do. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:32 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Don't get me wrong.....I think Hubbard is a solid guy, plays hard ..all that and a class act to boot but its hard to find DTs that can stuff run and also get some sacks for you and when I have watched the Seahawks over he yrs this guy always flashed in games in my mind...more then Hubbard has for me. Just my personal opinion from my vantage point and not factoring in PFF ratings like everyone likes to do. 

His run stopping rate I believe was actually from NFL next gen, so beyond PFF by pretty much every metric he was an elite run defender.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 05:32 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Don't get me wrong.....I think Hubbard is a solid guy, plays hard ..all that and a class act to boot but its hard to find DTs that can stuff run and also get some sacks for you and when I have watched the Seahawks over he yrs this guy always flashed in games in my mind...more then Hubbard has for me. Just my personal opinion from my vantage point and not factoring in PFF ratings like everyone likes to do. 

Hubbard does need to get better rushing the passer and I expect to see him working his ass off in this aspect of his game
this Offseason the way he did last season in stopping the run. Bet Hubbard will improve big time this year.

But yeah, all for Reed, they play different positions so I don't understand why we are even talking about Sam.

I don't put much stock in PFF either BTW.

(03-26-2021, 09:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: His run stopping rate I believe was actually from NFL next gen, so beyond PFF by pretty much every metric he was an elite run defender.

Yes sir.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 05:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hubbard does need to get better rushing the passer and I expect to see him working his ass off in this aspect of his game
this Offseason the way he did last season in stopping the run. Bet Hubbard will improve big time this year.

But yeah, all for Reed, they play different positions so I don't understand why we are even talking about Sam.

I don't put much stock in PFF either BTW.

Yes sir.

I brought up signing Reed to a multi-year contract would give the Bengals 3 highly paid DL. I'm curious how much of the salary cap the front office would want allocated to one position group and if it'd prohibit an extension for Hubbard. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 04:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually like a 3-4 look of Hendrickson, Reed, Reader, Ogunjobi, Hubbard across the front. Hubbard can play SAM and drop so you get some versatility there.

Thats it right there. If Ogunjobi signed with the assumption that he'd start at DT (same issue signing Reed to "start" there are plenty of reps even to showcase on 1 yr deals.  

I feel like we talk about these kind of front 7 starter signings with the same result.  We have money, don't "need" it allocated there vs other needs but it would maximize talent.  We're talking about taking a bad DL group to a solid one in an off season.  
Reply/Quote
Chiefs are signing Reed.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/03/chiefs-to-sign-dt-jarran-reed
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 09:50 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Chiefs are signing Reed.

Damn I liked Reed as the starting under tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 09:50 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Chiefs are signing Reed.

Amazingly active this free agency period for a team with cap issues.

Ugh... it is sometimes painful to watch other front offices make so many moves.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote