Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DT Jarran Reed
(03-28-2021, 10:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Amazingly active this free agency period for a team with cap issues.

Ugh... it is sometimes painful to watch other front offices make so many moves.

Yeah all these teams with cap issues and the bengals are supposedly almost out of money constantly from what some people say here
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 10:11 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah all these teams with cap issues and the bengals are supposedly almost out of money constantly from what some people say here

Always.

Sign one guy, and we are broke according the Bengals.com  Hilarious

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 09:50 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Chiefs are signing Reed.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/03/chiefs-to-sign-dt-jarran-reed

Of course they are signing Reed.  Teams that win championships always seem to find a way to get the deals done, no matter the numbers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 10:11 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah all these teams with cap issues and the bengals are supposedly almost out of money constantly from what some people say here

Umm, not from anyone on here, specifically.  That noise comes straight from the mouthpiece of the Bengals, Geoff Hobson.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 10:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course they are signing Reed.  Teams that win championships always seem to find a way to get the deals done, no matter the numbers.

You’re about 1 post away from getting lectured about how the bengals do all the same things other teams do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 10:01 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I brought up signing Reed to a multi-year contract would give the Bengals 3 highly paid DL. I'm curious how much of the salary cap the front office would want allocated to one position group and if it'd prohibit an extension for Hubbard. 

Yeah we need to extend Bates and Hubbard IMO.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

It's important to hold $10-15 mill for extensions but then likely not use more than $5 mill of it, resulting in $~10 mill rolled over yet again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 10:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course they are signing Reed.  Teams that win championships always seem to find a way to get the deals done, no matter the numbers.

KC is like a supermassive black hole...once I hear they are interested time to move on as they will win on these. Must be nice to have that kind of power and creativity to make thigs happen. So Chris Jones and Reed...pritty, pritty pritty goood  (for all you Curb your Enthusiasm fans)
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's important to hold $10-15 mill for extensions but then likely not use more than $5 mill of it, resulting in $~10 mill rolled over yet again.

These same teams that already have $100 million dollars tied up in one player and shell out damn near another $100 million to another player can sign pretty much all the free agents they want and resign a good portion of their better players as well.

Although with the low cap this year has been particularly different in lots of quality guys getting cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 11:29 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: These same teams that already have $100 million dollars tied up in one player and shell out damn near another $100 million to another player can sign pretty much all the free agents they want and resign a good portion of their better players as well.

Although with the low cap this year has been particularly different in lots of quality guys getting cut.

They know they just need to shuffle the money around for a year. Word is the cap is going to jump up big time next season...

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/nfl-salary-cap-big-increase-in-2022-looms-over-teams-decisions/article_902108da-80f8-11eb-95f7-6730e615eff1.html
Estimates around $220m.

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-rumors-2022-salary-cap-200321/
Estimates around $230m.

Considering it's $182.5 in 2021, that's almost $40-50m more. As things sit now, if we assume $225m, the Bengals will have over $100m in cap space going into 2022 if those numbers are true. It makes the non-signing of IOL this FA period even more absurd and it was already pretty absurd.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Wouldn't it be just freakin' awesome if the Bengals' owner, just once, stepped up to the microphone and said winning the Super Bowl is our number one goal? EVERYTHING else is secondary. 
Reply/Quote