Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DT Room...
(09-17-2021, 02:25 PM)jwalker3853 Wrote: Yep.   I'd love to see Shelvin get some action and see how well he holds up.  

This.

Ogunjobi, Tupou, and Hill are all playing out their contracts this year.  I'd love to see Shelvin get some significant playing time for evaluation.

But, like you, I don't want it to be due to someone else getting injured.
Reply/Quote
It's a much better group than last year, that's for sure.
Happy to see Tupou back doing what he does best.
Ogunjobi is an improvement in the pass rush department.
I would say though the BJ Hill acquisition was the best. Already 2.0 sacks, and the Bengals got him for BILLY PRICE lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Ogunjobi, Tupou, and Hill are all playing out their contracts this year.  I'd love to see Shelvin get some significant playing time for evaluation.

But, like you, I don't want it to be due to someone else getting injured.

Which raises the next question.    Who of the 3 do we try to keep?    We'll have to see how the rest of the season goes, but I don't know that we would keep all three.  

However, based on one game, I'd definitely make Hill a priority to extend.  
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 03:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's a much better group than last year, that's for sure.
Happy to see Tupou back doing what he does best.
Ogunjobi is an improvement in the pass rush department.
I would say though the BJ Hill acquisition was the best. Already 2.0 sacks, and the Bengals got him for BILLY PRICE lol.

Ogunjobi was just consistently playing good that entire game and not only as a pass rusher like BJ.

No doubt that was a good trade at the time but could be a fantastic trade down the road for BJ Hill.

Wanted us to draft BJ Hill. You may have as well, cannot remember...

(09-17-2021, 03:57 PM)jwalker3853 Wrote: Which raises the next question.    Who of the 3 do we try to keep?    We'll have to see how the rest of the season goes, but I don't know that we would keep all three.  

However, based on one game, I'd definitely make Hill a priority to extend.  

Keep Ogunjobi and BJ Hill for sure unless BJ just tears up the entire league for 10+ sacks which after THAT start could happen.

Keep Larry O though, love this guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2021, 02:25 PM)jwalker3853 Wrote: Yep.   I'd love to see Shelvin get some action and see how well he holds up.   However, if that has to come due to one of the others getting injured, I can wait.    Based on the 1st game, this groups is looking awesome!

DT is one of the positions that seems to have the slightest impact as rookies, for whatever reason.  Sure, there are outliers, but the majority take a few years to become really productive.  It isn't like WR or RB.  So, it is good to have a few young guys like Wren and Shelvin in the pipeline.  
Reply/Quote
This week will be a good test for the defensive line against Da Bears. Not even the Rams could stop Chicago running back David Montgomery and we all know Andy Dalton will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. The key to stopping Montgomery is stuffing him at the line and wrapping him up on first contact because if he gets to the linebackers he’s as good as gone. We all know the secrets to stopping Andy Dalton: Blind side pressure and collapsing the pocket as fast as possible.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2021, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: DT is one of the positions that seems to have the slightest impact as rookies, for whatever reason.  Sure, there are outliers, but the majority take a few years to become really productive.  It isn't like WR or RB.  So, it is good to have a few young guys like Wren and Shelvin in the pipeline.  

That is true.    I honestly wasn't considering that aspect of it.    Just think they both (particularly Shelvin) have a ton of potential and would love to see them get some game reps in.    
Reply/Quote