Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DT Xavier Williams in Cincy today.
Thoughts?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/6/21505021/nfl-free-agents-2020-xavier-williams-bengals-news-chiefs?fbclid=IwAR0Y1zRG5jwut6NDrHI7xOdmh8py5PJNXdrHmRfQ6KnlZfTo_OyJg6994rU
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok, we need some shelf stock with the way it's been going for Geno and Daniels.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
At least he has had some NFL starts somewhere. Can’t hurt I guess.
Reply/Quote
why not Dareus or snax?
Reply/Quote
Dareus has always had 'tude problems, and Snacks probably wants to play for a SB competitor.
Reply/Quote
Sign him sign anyone and quit carrying two kickers
Reply/Quote
He's produced some stats when he's played and we're thin at DT. Sign him or sign Peko, or both whatever. We definitely need some help on the Dline.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:31 PM)kalibengal Wrote: why not Dareus or snax?

Dareus developed attitude problems as soon as he got his extension. In 2014 he notched 10 sacks. In the 6 seasons he played following that year, he has a grand total of 9.5 sacks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Suck it up and sign Peko.......
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 09:50 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Thoughts?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/6/21505021/nfl-free-agents-2020-xavier-williams-bengals-news-chiefs?fbclid=IwAR0Y1zRG5jwut6NDrHI7xOdmh8py5PJNXdrHmRfQ6KnlZfTo_OyJg6994rU

Tells me that they know Daniels will be out a while and Geno might be very slowly progressing.  Don't know too much about the player, but probably needed for depth.  
Reply/Quote
Andrew Brown flashed a few times last week and Covington has been alright. Hopefully one of those two continues progressing and helps us out more.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Andrew Brown flashed a few times last week and Covington has been alright. Hopefully one of those two continues progressing and helps us out more.

I always thought Brown fit best rushing from the inside, so I assumed he was being groomed to eventually take over for Atkins. I don't think the switching between DE and DT has helped him though. Keep him at 3T so he can learn just one position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If they're going to add someone at DT, they best get to it. Harrison already signed to Seahawks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/former-lions-dt-damon-harrison-signing-to-seahawks-practice-squad/ar-BB19N1MY?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Andrew Brown flashed a few times last week and Covington has been alright. Hopefully one of those two continues progressing and helps us out more.

That was his knack and Virginia; not the greatest run stopper, but a good rusher from the interior; he indeed looked good on Sunday.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
sign him for 6 months.
Reply/Quote
Didn't Amani Bledsoe have a nice game as well? I mean, IIRC his PFF score was damn high.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think this would be a signing to the active roster. He could easily be signed to the PS and be brought up for games. He probably needs some time to get in football shape anyways. Similar to Harrison just signing with Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 10:49 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Didn't Amani Bledsoe have a nice game as well? I mean, IIRC his PFF score was damn high.

Played real well from what I saw, I like Bledsoe. I don't think this is a big signing but is good insurance with Xavier.
Reply/Quote